inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Haunted City

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/04/07 at 9:01 pm

I've seen plenty of unexplainable things in New Orleans.  Most of it when I was a young teen, 14 to 15. Then less and less.  Only one place still freaks me out a bit.  The SLAVE HOUSE....

Nothing ever happened in my uncles' place, (THANKFULLY) but the neighbor had a creepy "slave house" .  It had cold spots, and made your skin crawl, just walking by it.  This is in the garden district, grand old homes, lovingly restored and updated , but the owners never did anything to this little shack.  It still had  a packed dirt floor and original glass panes. They used it as a potting house.  None of the kids ever went in there, unless we were dared.  Well, I got dared.  I HAD too, I looked at my cousin, he was two years older and took pity on me. We walked up, and I was shaking. I had heard many stories, from the GROWNUPS about the voodoo slave woman who haunted it.
I had to yank on the door to open it, and as it swung open  some pots fell. We all screamed and ran inside the house . I  know that is not proof, but it sure felt like something was in there.

So yeah

Subject: Re: Haunted City

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/04/07 at 9:11 pm

wow, that sounds so very creepy...it reminds me of the movie, "Skeleton Key" :o

Written By: LittleMissUsername on 06/04/07 at 10:02 pm

I've never seen that movie. I really don't like realistic spook stories.  It has to be completely campy and fake for me.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/errrr.gifother wise I end up sleeping with the light ons.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/11/07 at 11:28 pm

Yikes!!  Very creepy!!

I couldn't have gone inside, I'm too much of a chicken!!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...