inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Historical Hauntings

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/19/07 at 9:01 am

Do any of you live in or near a historical area, that is said to be haunted?  I live a few hours from Gettysburg..and there have been a lot of ghost sightings/stories from there.

Subject: Re: Historical Hauntings

Written By: karen on 06/19/07 at 9:38 am

There are lots of places within about 10 miles of my town that are supposed to be haunted.  One or two featured on TV because CCTV footage supposedly caught the ghost on camera

this page has details of some of them

Written By: Gis on 06/23/07 at 12:47 pm

I know there are various places in Oxford that are meant to be haunted and they do Ghost walks through the city. I believe I have posted in the past about the ghosts at my work. The building I work in was built in the 1930's on the site of a row of tudor buildings one of which was a pub. The ghost is meant to be that of a cellar man who died in the pub. Over the road in the old library (built in 1602) there is meant to be the ghost of a boy.

Written By: spaceace on 06/23/07 at 1:22 pm

Some people say James Buchanan still haunts his home named Wheatland.  Of course I haven't been lucky enough to see him. >:(

Written By: danootaandme on 06/23/07 at 6:12 pm

"With her head stuck underneath her arm, the ghost of Anne Bolyn goes marching on"- an old campfire ditty.

Written By: spaceace on 06/23/07 at 6:42 pm

"With her head stuck underneath her arm, the ghost of Anne Boleyn goes marching on"- an old campfire ditty.

You know for some odd reason I want to see the ghost of Ann Boleyn. :-[

Written By: KKay on 07/18/07 at 1:02 pm

watch this!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1126203260

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/07 at 7:48 pm

^OMG...that was so awesome! I would have been SO scared! :o

Check for new replies or respond here...