inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dead Silence: How did we miss this?

Written By: SimpleSam on 07/02/07 at 5:44 pm

I was just curious if anyone had heard of the movie DEAD SILENCE when it was in theatres?

I was at Best Buy with some buddies looking for a new DVD to add to the collection and came across DEAD SILENCE. I hadn't heard of it before but it looked pretty good so I picked it up. I was seriously impressed.

It's an Urban Legend type, horror film with a pretty awesome twist at the end.  The movie tells the legend of Mary Shaw, an old ventriloquist who went mad and was eventually be-tongued, killed and buried with her "children," her collection of hand-made puppets. Years later, Shaw and her puppets are seeking revenge on her town. :o

DEAD SILENCE is definitely a classic horror movie, so if you are in the mood to be scared, go pick up the DVD. If you don't like gory movies (like my girlfriend), fear not...the movie isn't bloody much at all...just creepy. Am I the only one who hadn't heard of this good movie before? :)  Just curious

Subject: Re: Dead Silence: How did we miss this?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/02/07 at 10:38 pm

I was just curious if anyone had heard of the movie DEAD SILENCE when it was in theatres?

I was at Best Buy with some buddies looking for a new DVD to add to the collection and came across DEAD SILENCE. I hadn't heard of it before but it looked pretty good so I picked it up. I was seriously impressed.

It's an Urban Legend type, horror film with a pretty awesome twist at the end.  The movie tells the legend of Mary Shaw, an old ventriloquist who went mad and was eventually be-tongued, killed and buried with her "children," her collection of handmade puppets. Years later, Shaw and her puppets are seeking revenge on her town. :o

DEAD SILENCE is definitely a classic horror movie, so if you are in the mood to be scared, go pick up the DVD. If you don't like gory movies (like my girlfriend), fear not...the movie isn't bloody much at all...just creepy. Am I the only one who hadn't heard of this good movie before? :)  Just curious

ya know...I actually heard of it. I was looking at some website and an advertisement for the movie (with a picture of a creepy dummy doll) was toward the top of the page...so I did a search on the movie...and I think it looks VERY creepy. I will have to get this soon. Thanks for the recommendation! ;)

Written By: NbC on 07/02/07 at 11:44 pm

I have seen the previews in theaters.  It just didn't catch my intersted at the time.  I may rent the DVD one day and see if it is any good.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/13/07 at 2:49 am

Yeah my hubby and I saw it when it came to the cheap movie theater.  It was pretty good and creepy, although some of it was cheesy.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/15/07 at 9:52 pm

It was pretty decent, the topic was covered earlier.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=25190.15

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/15/07 at 9:55 pm

Here is so stuff, about a creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy movie, called Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7JJK8W-UQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o2w2MaKtGk&mode=related&search=

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/07 at 9:12 am

Beth saw this movie and said that it was truly scary. I put it on my Blockbuster Online list....so it should be the next one they send out.

Written By: Snoopygirl on 08/09/07 at 5:01 pm

i liked this movie. It wasn't gory but it was one of those that I just found creepy. Most of it was due to the dolls. I always found them creepy.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/13/07 at 11:08 pm

Yes, I just watched it...it was pretty creepy. I've seen scarier movies though...but this one rates as one of the creepy ones.

Written By: KKay on 08/26/07 at 6:39 am

Here is so stuff, about a creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy movie, called Magic.

Magic is when i fell in love with Anthony Hopkins.
I remember commercials for Dead Silence, but i guess they were  not so good; the commercials made thi film look lame.
I'll give it a try.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/15/08 at 8:15 am

anything that deals with clowns or ventriloquist dummy dolls scares the crap out of me! :o

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/15/08 at 6:26 pm

I've heard of that movie, but chickened out of going to see it. I have too many dolls inmy room to see something about a lady with ventriloquist dunnies. I'd end up smashing everything in my room! LOL.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/15/08 at 9:25 pm

I've heard of that movie, but chickened out of going to see it. I have too many dolls inmy room to see something about a lady with ventriloquist dunnies. I'd end up smashing everything in my room! LOL.  ;)

It was pretty darn freaky! :o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/15/08 at 9:48 pm

The best part is though, it had a New Kid on the Block in it.  :-*  Donny Wahlberg played a detective. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/15/08 at 10:12 pm

The best part is though, it had a New Kid on the Block in it.   :-*  Donny Wahlberg played a detective. 

yes, that's right. IMO, he's a pretty decent actor...just like his younger brother.

Check for new replies or respond here...