inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weird things that scare you

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 08/01/07 at 12:01 am

Hey,I was wanting to know what are some of the stupid/weird things that scare/scared you?

Mine is whenever you put in a movie before it comes on theres those FBI goverment warnings..those scare the crap out of me

ex - One time I rented the exorcist and I saw those warnings and throughout the whole movie I  couldn't get scared of the "scary" parts because I kept on having flashbacks....

Subject: Re: Weird things that scare you

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/07 at 5:42 am

Kokopelli, it is supposed to represent all abundance and harmony, but I don't know.  The very first time I saw it I had a primal aversion to it.  I don't trust it, don't like it, don't know why.

http://www.kokopelli1.com/kokopelli2.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/07 at 7:49 am

sunflowers....I hate them. They are so tall and overbearing.

Written By: spaceace on 08/02/07 at 12:22 pm

Balloons and clowns.

Written By: annonymouse on 08/06/07 at 2:48 pm

i'm teibly afaid of the lette R on my keyboad

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/09/07 at 9:10 am

-That buzzing white screen after the end of certain prerecorded VHS tapes.

-The Giant World (level 4) in Super Mario Bros. 3, where the pihrana plants can come out of the pipes even if you're next to/on top of them.

-Most of all...I've already mentioned this before, but Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More" music video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5H0wUo37RY

^ Here's another thing, freeze the screen just about when 0:23 is turning into :24. In the early '90s when VH1 used to edit videos for length, that was usually where they started this one. Which is kinda why I got too afraid to keep watching (it was still in pretty frequent rotation). ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/07 at 9:11 am

clowns...happy or scary ones.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/09/07 at 9:24 am

Not as much as the other three, but the hands in the wall in The Legend of Zelda.

For anyone who's not familar - in the first game, whenever you were in any of the dungeons, there would be one room adjascent to the "master enemy's" lair. There would be panting-type noises to let you know this. And, in order to open the door to the room, one thing you had to do was just lightly touch the wall, and kill these blue-ish hands that would pop out for a second. I'd say there were usually 4-6 of them. You had to be careful they didn't touch you, though, because if they did, it would take you back to the start of the palace.

P.S. Did my other 3 ever scare anyone? ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/07 at 9:36 am

Not as much as the other three, but the hands in the wall in The Legend of Zelda.

For anyone who's not familar - in the first game, whenever you were in any of the dungeons, there would be one room adjascent to the "master enemy's" lair. There would be panting-type noises to let you know this. And, in order to open the door to the room, one thing you had to do was just lightly touch the wall, and kill these blue-ish hands that would pop out for a second. I'd say there were usually 4-6 of them. You had to be careful they didn't touch you, though, because if they did, it would take you back to the start of the palace.

P.S. Did my other 3 ever scare anyone? ;)

I was never a fan of the Giant world either! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/07 at 4:37 pm

The old horror themed arcade game 'Splatterhouse'.  It was the story of a guy (donning a cursed mask) who must fight his way through a house of horrors.  Very scary levels ...

Level 2 - The Haunted House ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VBgMZsyqb0

Level 3 - The Chainsaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJDp3fwPKXk

Level 4 - The Hall of Mirrors ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-jS21qo6A

Written By: Ripp on 08/14/07 at 11:20 am

Hi! Im back after another hiatus!! :)

I get scared of:

The credits on DVDs and videos. :(

Magnified stuff ... it's weird and its freaky :S

The starting warnings ... I think someone mentioned that? The copyright stuff etc.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 2:57 pm

I like the dark so I do lots of things in it. The first time I played Resident Evil (PS1) it scared the crap out of me. Every time the doors creaked open I was afraid of what would come out. I could hear the zombies moan but couldn't see them . It was creepy. I turned on all the lights and then played until dawn.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/08/07 at 5:11 pm

I like the dark so I do lots of things in it. The first time I played Resident Evil (PS1) it scared the crap out of me. Every time the doors creaked open I was afraid of what would come out. I could hear the zombies moan but couldn't see them . It was creepy. I turned on all the lights and then played until dawn.

That happened to me when I was little, only I was playing the first Silent Hill. I still can't play that game, it creeps me out sooo much.

Windmills, those school buses that are flat in the front, and certain feather dusters scare me.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/08/07 at 7:34 pm

That happened to me when I was little, only I was playing the first Silent Hill. I still can't play that game, it creeps me out sooo much.

Windmills, those school buses that are flat in the front, and certain feather dusters scare me.

Silent Hill's supposed to be scary... for everybody.

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/07 at 11:29 pm

Silent Hill's supposed to be scary... for everybody.

It was kind of scary but I was so frustrated because I couldn't figure what to do I ended up putting it on the shelf after one play and never picking it up again.  I bought it used at blockbuster and it came with no art work or manual. I  guess I could have gone online for one but that didn't occur until right now  :-[ . Hey its only 5 years later d'oh!

Written By: sugar168 on 11/10/07 at 9:05 pm

bugs
worms-my sisters would chase me around the house with them
snakes
fish
scary movies
action movies tend to scare me
and a lot more

Written By: snozberries on 11/10/07 at 9:28 pm

mice and frogs...

Especially frogs! Where I work there are these little frogs that come out at night during the summer.
If we leave the back open then the room is crawling with them.

They terrify the crap out of me so they make fun of me... I know they are small but they are sneaky little buggers and I don't like the idea of things jumping on you when you're not looking and these things can really jump!

This is not my photo but unfortunately I think its about the actual size of the frogs that scare me  :-http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/sillykitten1973/2eb7.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 9:36 pm

mice and frogs...

Especially frogs! Where I work there are these little frogs that come out at night during the summer.

They terrify the crap out of me so they make fun of me... I know they are small but they are sneaky little buggers and I don't like the idea of things jumping on you when you're not looking and these things can really jump!

This is not my photo but unfortunately I think its about the actual size of the frogs that scare me  :-http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/sillykitten1973/2eb7.jpg

OMG...what a cutie pie! :D  That reminds me..I used to be a camp counselor every summer...anyway, one summer there was this odd kid..who found great humor in SITTING on those poor frogs and squashing them. :o

Written By: snozberries on 11/10/07 at 9:40 pm

lol...

I wish I could find him now and hire him for for frog eradication  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/10/07 at 9:43 pm

lol...

I wish I could find him now and hire him for for frog eradication  ;D

hahaahah..he had a big ol' butt.....the better to squash them with! :D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: KKay on 11/11/07 at 8:12 am

Everyone here knows that I'm terrified of static on the radio and tv; and the idea of hearing voices through interference and stuff like that.
Ok.
I've had it. I think I have to move.
This was TOOO CREEPY TODAY!

I wake up to the sound of the phone ringing, but don't make it.  The machine picks up.  I can hear this very low signal of voice whispering though some heavy static- the kind they use when they do emergency tests, with the strong beeping sound in it.

I shug it off.

THEN.  I'm sitting here with tea and dog doing the crossword puzzle in the paper, tv on.  OUR STEREO RECIEVER JUST TURNS ON by itself, and I hear very light white noise with someone speaking below it.

I grabbed the dog and turned down the tv to check it out.
The reciever turned off.

I think I have to move.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/11/07 at 9:07 am

mice and frogs...

A cute little thing.

Written By: wildcard on 11/11/07 at 11:07 am

Everyone here knows that I'm terrified of static on the radio and tv; and the idea of hearing voices through interference and stuff like that.
Ok.

I wake up to the sound of the phone ringing, but don't make it.  The machine picks up.  I can hear this very low signal of voice whispering though some heavy static- the kind they use when they do emergency tests, with the strong beeping sound in it.

I shug it off.

THEN.  I'm sitting here with tea and dog doing the crossword puzzle in the paper, tv on.  OUR STEREO RECIEVER JUST TURNS ON by itself, and I hear very light white noise with someone speaking below it.

The reciever turned off.

I think I have to move.

My first response wouldn't be to move.  I'd be spending time thinking about why it happened.  This is just me though; move if you think you have to.

mice and frogs...

I love frogs!

Some normal people can be scary; that's what scares me.

Written By: La Roche on 11/11/07 at 11:34 am

Ok.

I shug it off.

The reciever turned off.

I think I have to move.

When my dad was out in California he lived with a guy who had a bizarre house. There was an electrical field sort of.. in the wall... anyway.. in an unrelated (but maybe not) point, there'd been a family murdered there. Maybe you've got all the virulent putrefying corpses under your floor and they're turning things on so they can grab your ankles?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/11/07 at 2:46 pm

Ok.

I shug it off.

The reciever turned off.

I think I have to move.

That would freak my ass out too.  I've avoided static ever since I saw "Poltergeist."

I am afraid of bugs and clowns.  Clowns are also from "Poltergeist."  I should never have watched that damn movie.

Written By: KKay on 11/11/07 at 6:46 pm

When my dad was out in California he lived with a guy who had a bizarre house. There was an electrical field sort of.. in the wall... anyway.. in an unrelated (but maybe not) point, there'd been a family murdered there. Maybe you've got all the virulent putrefying corpses under your floor and they're turning things on so they can grab your ankles?

Great.  Just make it worse by telling me they are the bodies of clowns.

It was awful. I have been posting about this fear for ages.  I'm' very uncomfortable.
Of course, there was a death in the family two days ago. ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/11/07 at 7:03 pm

Ok.

I shug it off.

The reciever turned off.

I think I have to move.

man...that is super freaky! That's the kind of stuff that sends chills up my spine!! :o

Written By: KKay on 11/11/07 at 7:19 pm

this is gross and will freatk you out.
in the wettest days of summer there are tons of frogs around our house.  we live by the beach and lost of marsh.
sometimes we come home and the front door is covered with little frogs.
one night we were sitting watching tv and i saw something out of the corner of my eye and a little frog had jumped onto brendan's shoulder.
we had them in the house!
they came in with us as we opened the fr
ont door.
it was gross!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/07 at 10:07 pm

winged monkey's are still freakin scary  :o  http://www.wendyswizardofoz.com/wiz_c019c.jpg

Written By: La Roche on 11/11/07 at 10:50 pm

Great.  Just make it worse by telling me they are the bodies of clowns.

It was awful. I have been posting about this fear for ages.  I'm' very uncomfortable.
Of course, there was a death in the family two days ago. ???

Putrid clowns.

It's ok, I'll look after Bode when they get you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/11/07 at 11:11 pm

Ok.

I shug it off.

The reciever turned off.

I think I have to move.

sounds like your reciever picked up a cb radio or somebody live on a radio nearby. I've had that happen on my tv without it being on, scared the crap outta me, and then I got tough and said allright M*thrf*ckr, let's get it on!  >:(  talking tough helps to reduce fear  ;D 

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/07 at 11:12 pm

this is gross and will freatk you out.
in the wettest days of summer there are tons of frogs around our house.  we live by the beach and lost of marsh.
sometimes we come home and the front door is covered with little frogs.
one night we were sitting watching tv and i saw something out of the corner of my eye and a little frog had jumped onto brendan's shoulder.
we had them in the house!
they came in with us as we opened the fr
ont door.
it was gross!

OMG  I can't take it!!!! 8-P

I'm gonna go and hide....

frogs,http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nervous.gif frogs http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair1.gif  frogs http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair.gif FROGShttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/scared.gif 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/07 at 5:56 am

frogs,http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nervous.gif frogs http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair1.gif  frogs http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair.gif FROGShttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/scared.gif 

Nothing wrong with frogs, they do good to the countryside.

Written By: snozberries on 11/12/07 at 10:51 am

Nothing wrong with frogs, they do good to the countryside.

No problem as long as they stay in the country side... its not like I go outside to bother them so why do they have to come inside and bother me?  ;)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/13/07 at 3:41 pm

Elevators scare me.

A few years ago, I was at the hospital visiting my mom, and it was me and about 5 other people and between the 4th and 5th floor--my mom was on the 5th floor, it stops.
And we're all standing in there and then the (bleep)ing thing jerks like it's gonna fall. I latched on to the person closest to me.

Finally, finally it went up to the 5th floor. I used the stairs from then on. If i have ride the elvator, I'm saying Hail Marys the whole time.

I hate them.  :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/13/07 at 5:17 pm

Elevators scare me.

A few years ago, I was at the hospital visiting my mom, and it was me and about 5 other people and between the 4th and 5th floor--my mom was on the 5th floor, it stops.
And we're all standing in there and then the (bleep)ing thing jerks like it's gonna fall. I latched on to the person closest to me.

Finally, finally it went up to the 5th floor. I used the stairs from then on. If i have ride the elvator, I'm saying Hail Marys the whole time.

I hate them.  :-\\
back in the late 80's, me and a friend from work were taking an extended lunch to go to an video arcade in Berkeley and when we were ready to go to our car and get back to work, the elevator in the 6 story parking lot stopped between floors and we were stuck in it for about an hour & a half. I have to say that neither of us were scared, but some people may have freaked out a bit. I guess being stuck in elevators doesn't scare me, but if it were dark, no lights, and late at night, that may have more of a scary efect on me

Written By: KKay on 11/27/07 at 7:16 am

I'm not scasred of them, but being infested is gross.
it's like a bad 70s movie.

better that than my stereo goijng on for no reason.
now i discover that my neighbors got wireless like us ...i think it may have something to do with that.
K

Written By: ADH13 on 12/01/07 at 4:33 pm

I am afraid to sleep with my arm or hand hanging off the side of the bed. :-[

Written By: snozberries on 12/01/07 at 9:56 pm

I am afraid to sleep with my arm or hand hanging off the side of the bed. :-[

yeah that thing that licks you just might not be your dog  ;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 12:04 am

Did anyone know that Wayne is electoriphobic?

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/07 at 12:49 am

as in a fear of

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/Artichao/Chickens.jpg

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/02/07 at 1:47 am

:D I'm sure he loves your presence on the boards.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 1:57 am

You got it! Guess what, I am the daughter of a chicken farmer. How is that for Ironic.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 12/02/07 at 1:59 am

Bees.

I'm not phobic, nor am I allergic. I just plain don't like 'em.

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:01 am

Anyone (besides me) know what the name Melissa means?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/02/07 at 2:07 am

Nope didnt know that, and I don't really care for chickens either.  My dad raised them as a hobby for several years.  Even incubating the eggs.  I didn't mind the baby chicks when they hatched from the eggs.  They were kinda cute.

When mom and dad went on vacation and I had to feed the chickens...I was soooo scared.  Especially when one of the roosters flew up and tried to land on my forearm as I was spreading out the feed.  eeeeeek..  After that, I made sure that they were in the chicken pen when I came in to feed and water them.  I don't want any close encounters with a chicken.

I do like eating chicken though.  Go figure.

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/07 at 2:10 am

Anyone (besides me) know what the name Melissa means?

this is just a guess....

She who was raised with chickens?

;D

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:14 am

Nope. Melissa in Greek means, Honey Bee. In reference to Luke.

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/07 at 2:18 am

Nope. Melissa in Greek means, Honey Bee. In reference to Luke.

ah I took a stab at it...

Written By: ladyhawk on 12/02/07 at 2:20 am

That's fine. Actually myself I am afraid of ladders.

Written By: KKay on 12/02/07 at 7:50 pm

I now have become also afraid of some old things like books and things with symbols on them.

I always did slightly, but I'm more nervous now that some antiques with designs and symbols with signify something and I don't want to konw about it.

I think it comes from something in a movie.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/07/08 at 2:35 pm

most 70's classic rock

people over 6 1/2' tall

oil pumps

the sound of a heartbeat

boobies

scars

Written By: Step-chan on 01/07/08 at 5:08 pm

^ You forgot anime. ::)

For me:

Garbage Pail Kids

Magic tricks

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/08 at 6:58 pm

Hey Bill,

Boobies, boobies, boobies!

;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/07/08 at 9:03 pm

^ You forgot anime. ::)

For me:

Garbage Pail Kids

Magic tricks

oh my gosh, you're right!  ;) thank you!  ;D

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/07/08 at 9:04 pm

Hey Bill,

Boobies, boobies, boobies!

;D

AHHHHHH!!!!!!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/errrr.gif

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/07/08 at 9:49 pm

Let's see...

Britney Spears.

Lizards.

Prince w/o make up. (I saw one photo of him w/o it and I was DYING to get my cosmetics bag and at least put eyeliner on him!)  :-\\

Any photo and/or movie that shows a headless person or a person getting decapitated.  :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/08 at 10:49 pm

boobies

hahaha....you are so cute and funny...I just want to hug you...HOWEVER, I won't squeeze you too hard...I wouldn't want to scare you away with my BOOOOOOOBS touching you. :D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/07/08 at 11:08 pm

boobies

Blue-footed ones?  or human kind?  ;D

http://www.heppytour.com/Graphics/sampics/bluefootedboobie.jpg

He does look a little creepy in this pic.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/07/08 at 11:13 pm

What scares me right now?  Oddly enough, the mail.  I got a letter today from my insurance company, and while they didn't outright deny my claim for my hospital and anestiologists (that cost many thousands of dollars), they didn't overwhelmingly approved it either.  Apparently I need some more information from all the creditors and they have to fill out special forms to send to them.  Hopefully somebody at these places can help me.  I'm having a bit of an anxiety attack right now, just thinking about it.  :-[ :-\\  Also my car is finally in the garage, we've been without it since Christmas.  The garage we trust and take it to, they were closed until today, so it seemed like forever without wheels.  I'm really hoping that it isn't gonna cost too much in repairs.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/08 at 11:15 pm

Blue-footed ones?  or human kind?   ;D

OMG....he just sent chills down my spine...and not the lovesick good kinds. :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 01/08/08 at 1:15 am

Hot damn. I love blue-footed boobies. Such a perpetually grumpy face.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/08/08 at 7:11 am

that thing is pretty scary, but yes, the human kind.  ;)

Written By: KKay on 01/08/08 at 7:14 am

very high wind. can't sleep on a windy night. 

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/08/08 at 7:14 am

What scares me right now?  Oddly enough, the mail.  I got a letter today from my insurance company, and while they didn't outright deny my claim for my hospital and anestiologists (that cost many thousands of dollars), they didn't overwhelmingly approved it either.  Apparently I need some more information from all the creditors and they have to fill out special forms to send to them.  Hopefully somebody at these places can help me.  I'm having a bit of an anxiety attack right now, just thinking about it.   :-SOMETHING.   IT won't even show up on your credit as long as you just don't NOT pay.  But even if it takes the rest of your life to pay it off, don't give them more than $20 a month!  

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/08/08 at 7:14 am

hahaha....you are so cute and funny...I just want to hug you...HOWEVER, I won't squeeze you too hard...I wouldn't want to scare you away with my BOOOOOOOBS touching you. :D ;D ;D ;D

;D {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} boobs and all.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/08/08 at 12:17 pm

;D {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} boobs and all.

heheehe ;D :D

Written By: Step-chan on 01/08/08 at 7:39 pm

oh my gosh, you're right!  ;) thank you!  ;D

I trying to think if a fear of Garbage Pail Kids is weird enough....

Although nowadays it doesn't have the same effect on me.

Written By: sugar168 on 03/06/08 at 10:30 pm

Indians in my closet! long story

Written By: Bobby on 03/08/08 at 1:52 pm

Indians in my closet! long story

Ha ha.  ;D

My mate had this weird thing go on where he thought an Indian chief was coming after him while he was in his bed . . . He should stay off the cheese.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/09/08 at 1:50 am

Not strange...clowns...yuck!!

Stange..flushing the toilet at night after everyone has gone to sleep and the lights are out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/08 at 10:14 am

Not strange...clowns...yuck!!

Stange..flushing the toilet at night after everyone has gone to sleep and the lights are out.

...frighten of waking the others up?

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 12:49 pm

...frighten of waking the others up?

Nope, it goes back to my childhood. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/08 at 6:03 pm

Nope, it goes back to my childhood. 

afraid of getting sucked into the abyss...its all dark and then the vacuum sound of the toilet flushing.. I'd be afraid of getting sucked in too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/12/08 at 3:35 am

afraid of getting sucked into the abyss...its all dark and then the vacuum sound of the toilet flushing.. I'd be afraid of getting sucked in too.

...don't go near the wardrobe door.

Written By: midnite on 04/07/08 at 11:27 pm

In summer camp, we went camping and a bunch of us stayed in a cabin because it was raining.  One of the counselors (a weird one for other reasons) actually slept with his eyes OPEN.  It was very freaky.  I couldnt sleep at all that night.

Also, I must have my feet covered when I sleep and they cannot hang off the bed.  I am STILL afraid that someone might grab them in the night. Yikes.

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/08 at 11:28 pm

In summer camp, we went camping and a bunch of us stayed in a cabin because it was raining.  One of the counselors (a weird one for other reasons) actually slept with his eyes OPEN.  It was very freaky.  I couldnt sleep at all that night.

Also, I must have my feet covered when I sleep and they cannot hang off the bed.  I am STILL afraid that someone might grab them in the night. Yikes.

I have a friend who sleeps with her eyes open... that is very freaky

Written By: midnite on 04/19/08 at 5:05 pm

Do you check her pulse from time to time to make sure she is alive? 

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/20/08 at 5:01 am

I have a friend who sleeps with her eyes open... that is very freaky
Does she still snore?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/08 at 4:02 am

Large Bodies of Water - IE the Ocean

For me the oceans or bodies of water are fine, but it is when you start to sail in a boat on the water that gets me.

Written By: midnite on 05/01/08 at 6:53 pm

Being far out to see can be scary. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/08 at 12:20 pm

Being far out to see can be scary. 
Far out to sea?

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/08 at 12:27 am

so I'm sitting in dispatch and one of those stupid frogs jumped at me and scared the crap out of me... I tell ya they are creepy!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/08 at 2:30 am

so I'm sitting in dispatch and one of those stupid frogs jumped at me and scared the crap out of me... I tell ya they are creepy!

You do not see many frogs here in central London.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/03/08 at 3:07 am

I like frogs and domesticated rats.  Although I am afraid of Micky Mouse.  That's a really weird fear that goes back to childhood.  The Incredible Hulk scares me.  Most people are scared of enclosed spaces, I find them to be one of the most comforting things I know.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/03/08 at 5:42 am

Pet rats and pet ferrets kinda scare me (or at least make me nervous).  I don't know why.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/08 at 5:43 am

Pet rats and pet ferrets kinda scare me (or at least make me nervous).  I don't know why.
Ferrets do give a nasty bite.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/03/08 at 8:38 am

You have frogs hanging out in your office?

Written By: midnite on 05/04/08 at 7:44 pm

Far out to sea?

Si, far out to sea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/06/08 at 2:42 am

Si, far out to sea.
No land in sight?

Written By: snozberries on 06/15/08 at 3:56 pm

You have frogs hanging out in your office?

Well they actually hang out outside but occasionally someone forgets my fear and leaves the door open long enough for few to sneak in.

Written By: midnite on 06/20/08 at 12:18 am

Kiss one. Maybe it is your Prince.

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/08 at 4:03 pm

Kiss one. Maybe it is your Prince.

I'd rather be single!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/05/08 at 4:25 pm

these scary clowns really frighten me

http://media.canada.com/a373a9c0-95d4-4a46-a780-e930d6c76147/0710126-clown.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 07/05/08 at 5:28 pm

funny- the weekend that Stephen King's It aired on ABC I decided to read the book.  There was a scene in the book about the boys running from a house on bike and being chased by a werewolf.  Shortly after reading this chapter I had to go to work but my car broke down. I took my bike. I was riding home form work across a dark abandoned college campus at midnight and suddenly remembered the scene from the book. I could swear I heard a werewolf behind me. The hairs on my neck stood up. I never looked back.....and I never pedaled so fast in my life. I got home about twice as fast as I would have had I not been afraid of being eaten by a wolf.  ;D   

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/05/08 at 11:31 pm

that's Tim Curry..isn't it? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/06/08 at 12:39 am

^ yes... a very, very scary Tim Curry from It... the mini-series

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/08 at 12:53 am

^ yes... a very, very scary Tim Curry from It... the mini-series

I love that guy!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/06/08 at 6:10 am

there's a scene from Flatliners (i think) where a little elf/pixie type character dressed in red scurries through the forest, that's really creepy, enough to give me nightmares  ::)

Written By: pimpag on 07/08/08 at 5:44 am

Haha, there are some really funny things in here so i thought i'd contribute to it... I'm really scared of spiders and goldfish, and cookers, they terrify me!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/08/08 at 12:37 pm

Haha, there are some really funny things in here so i thought i'd contribute to it... I'm really scared of spiders and goldfish, and cookers, they terrify me!

Ha! I read it fast and I thought that you said cookies. :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/08/08 at 7:18 pm

I used to have this really weird fear of Mickey Mouse.  Slowly getting over it, like many of my childhood traumas. :-[

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 12:08 am

cookers....like chefs? BTW welcome to the boards...

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 12:56 am

...chefs on daytime tv?

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 2:07 am

...chefs on daytime tv?

well Rachel Ray is kinda scary  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/08 at 2:09 am

well Rachel Ray is kinda scary  ;D
The chefs in the UK are scary...

How can they cook a meal in twenty minutes?

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 2:12 am

The chefs in the UK are scary...

How can they cook a meal in twenty minutes?

lol...all the ingredients are already prepped...by interns. get me a few interns & I'd be a good chef too....okay maybe not but it sure would make life easier.

Written By: pimpag on 07/09/08 at 8:00 am

Ha! I read it fast and I thought that you said cookies. :D

Haha, cookies! Nah, cookies are cool... But i'm scared of that cookie girl on Big Brother, anyone seen her? Aww no she's really cute actually, so nevermind that one!

Written By: pimpag on 07/09/08 at 8:01 am

Nooo, like actually cookers! Is that crazy? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 9:20 pm

Nooo, like actually cookers! Is that crazy? ;D

well I'm in the US and I think you're in the UK so you might have to define cookers for me before I can tell you if you're crazy or not.  ;D

Rice Cooker?
Crock Pots?
Pots?
Pans?
Ovens?
Grills?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/08 at 2:45 am

lol...all the ingredients are already prepped...by interns. get me a few interns & I'd be a good chef too....okay maybe not but it sure would make life easier.
The meat is never cooked thoroughly through.

Written By: LilSmurf on 07/11/08 at 1:31 pm

Bugs creeps me out. Anything with alot of legs... like centipedes and spiders  8-P

Written By: Hud on 08/31/10 at 11:06 am

women

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/10 at 12:36 pm

women
Weird or scary women?  ;D

Written By: barefootrobin on 08/31/10 at 12:54 pm

Salads that people with dog hair on their clothes make.  ESPECIALLY if the salads have marshmallow in them.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/31/10 at 1:09 pm

Salads that people with dog hair on their clothes make.  ESPECIALLY if the salads have marshmallow in them.

LOL!  Even your dogs?

I always lint roll before I cook and wear an apron for that very reason.  I'm totally paranoid about getting dog hair in the food.  I wouldn't really care if I ate it, but I'd die if a guest got a dog hair in their food!!

Written By: barefootrobin on 08/31/10 at 1:39 pm

LOL!  Even your dogs?

I always lint roll before I cook and wear an apron for that very reason.  I'm totally paranoid about getting dog hair in the food.  I wouldn't really care if I ate it, but I'd die if a guest got a dog hair in their food!!

I ALWAYS change before cooking, or at the very least lint roll...  Not everyone does and it FREAKS ME OUT!  Only one of my dogs sheds.  And I agree with you I can handle one of those showing up in my mouth but NOT at someone elses house!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/31/10 at 2:24 pm

I ALWAYS change before cooking, or at the very least lint roll...  Not everyone does and it FREAKS ME OUT!  Only one of my dogs sheds.  And I agree with you I can handle one of those showing up in my mouth but NOT at someone elses house!

GIRL, once I went to dinner at my ex boyfriend's sister's house.  She had cats and let them walk on her kitchen counters.  8-P  She had made a bunch of Mexican food for dinner, and had a big cookie sheet full of delicious looking burritos sitting there waiting to be eaten.  All of the sudden her damn cat jumped up on the counter and walked right across the burritos.  All I could think was that he'd probably come straight from his damn litter box.  I freaked!  I didn't even try to be polite about it, I just straight up refused to eat. 

Written By: barefootrobin on 08/31/10 at 2:37 pm

GIRL, once I went to dinner at my ex boyfriend's sister's house.  She had cats and let them walk on her kitchen counters.   8-P  She had made a bunch of Mexican food for dinner, and had a big cookie sheet full of delicious looking burritos sitting there waiting to be eaten.  All of the sudden her damn cat jumped up on the counter and walked right across the burritos.  All I could think was that he'd probably come straight from his damn litter box.  I freaked!  I didn't even try to be polite about it, I just straight up refused to eat. 

EW!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/31/10 at 6:13 pm

I don't like spiders or snakes. And that ain't what it takes to love, you fool, you fool!  (An obscure reference to a Barbara Mandrell and Jim Stafford song called "Spiders and snakes")  I don't really like either animal but won't go totally ape if I see them.  Just prefer NOT to see them.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/errrr.gif

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/10 at 8:20 pm

GIRL, once I went to dinner at my ex boyfriend's sister's house.  She had cats and let them walk on her kitchen counters.   8-P  She had made a bunch of Mexican food for dinner, and had a big cookie sheet full of delicious looking burritos sitting there waiting to be eaten.  All of the sudden her damn cat jumped up on the counter and walked right across the burritos.  All I could think was that he'd probably come straight from his damn litter box.  I freaked!  I didn't even try to be polite about it, I just straight up refused to eat. 

my landlords are always inviting me to dinner but I hate eating there because one time I did at the end of dinner he put his plate down for the dog to lick clean... I know they run their dishes thru a dishwasher but somehow that's just not enough  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/10 at 10:53 pm

;D ;D ;D

My sister had a phrase to remind us to keep the cats off counters and dining tables -- FECAL FEET!

"Hey! Fecal feet!," she'd yell.  I'd pick up the offending cat and place him on the floor.
8-P

Written By: Howard on 09/02/10 at 6:57 am

loud noises.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/10 at 12:52 pm

loud noises.
Are loud noises scary?

Written By: Howard on 09/02/10 at 6:38 pm

Are loud noises scary?

depends,some kinds.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/10 at 11:53 pm

My problem is that ordinary things scare the hell out me.  Scary stuff I can deal with. 

You could show me a video of the evil sheik decapitating Daniel Pearl and I'd be disgusted for a while, but it wouldn't give me nightmares.  How TF I'm going to deal with all the sh*t coming down the road in the next few months is the scary thing!
:o

Written By: Frank on 09/03/10 at 12:41 am

Loud sudden noises
Loud bases from stereos, cars, etc..
Flying insects.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/10 at 1:09 am

Loud sudden noises
Loud bases from stereos, cars, etc..
Flying insects.

Flying pianos!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif
What?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/10 at 1:22 am

When you're driving in a snow storm and you can't see a goddam thing, you reflexively switch on the high-beams.  Now you're going into hyperspace with Han Solo, Chewie, C3PO, and those guys!

You hit breaks.  Nothing happens. Then the car says, "watch this, I can do the boogaloo!," and you're spinning all over the iced road like Tonya Harding on acid!

Tornadoes are the most frightening weather event.  They kill relatively few people compared to most natural disasters, but tornadoes spawn weird air pressure anomalies in which they seem almost supernatural.  A huge tornado can cut across the plains seeming to take purpose in destroying the entire town.  Little twisters can completely destroy one house while leaving the house next door absolutely the way it was before, not even a flowerpot disturbed.  Tornadoes are classified as natural phenomena without consciousness, it almost seems like tornadoes are crafty.  One survivor I know describes being "chased" down the corridor by bedroom door.  He made it to the front door just in time for there still to be a front door to go out of!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_shaking2.gif

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/05/10 at 12:12 am

When you're driving in a snow storm and you can't see a goddam thing, you reflexively switch on the high-beams.  Now you're going into hyperspace with Han Solo, Chewie, C3PO, and those guys!

You hit breaks.  Nothing happens. Then the car says, "watch this, I can do the boogaloo!," and you're spinning all over the iced road like Tonya Harding on acid!

Tornadoes are the most frightening weather event.  They kill relatively few people compared to most natural disasters, but tornadoes spawn weird air pressure anomalies in which they seem almost supernatural.  A huge tornado can cut across the plains seeming to take purpose in destroying the entire town.  Little twisters can completely destroy one house while leaving the house next door absolutely the way it was before, not even a flowerpot disturbed.  Tornadoes are classified as natural phenomena without consciousness, it almost seems like tornadoes are crafty.  One survivor I know describes being "chased" down the corridor by bedroom door.  He made it to the front door just in time for there still to be a front door to go out of!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_shaking2.gif

Well, I don't blame you for being scared of either of those things!

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/05/10 at 12:15 am

Odd numbersss.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/05/10 at 2:20 am

Odd numbersss.
Strange that you should say that I (in a way) have the thing in trying to (knowingly) avoid odd numbers, I am always happier with even ones.

Written By: barefootrobin on 09/07/10 at 4:27 pm

Wild animals - that are traditionally thought of as cute:  Deer, Beaver, Seals, Muskrats.  I don't know what facial expression denotes anger in a deer do you?  I know what they can do to you when they are mad though.

Written By: wildcard on 09/07/10 at 11:12 pm

Weird things don't scare me, normal things do. 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/07/10 at 11:23 pm

I'm afraid of eating game meat.  Yeah I know people have been eating it for centuries, and even cows aren't ALWAYS safe, but I really won't eat any meat other then pig, chicken or cow (and NOT their internal organs either)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/10 at 11:48 pm

Odd numbersss.

Riddle me this:  How do you have even numbers without odd numbers?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: Howard on 09/08/10 at 6:43 am

Wild animals - that are traditionally thought of as cute:  Deer, Beaver, Seals, Muskrats.  I don't know what facial expression denotes anger in a deer do you?  I know what they can do to you when they are mad though.

that scares me too.  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/10 at 12:45 am

that scares me too.  :o

Like our friend the dog from the other thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPaDpJJT8B8

Written By: Howard on 09/09/10 at 6:55 am

Like our friend the dog from the other thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPaDpJJT8B8

That's not dumb,that's retarded.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/09/10 at 7:15 am

The theme music from The X-Files, Tales from the Darkside and Unsolved Mysteries always scared me.  ;D ;D 

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/11/10 at 12:51 pm

Dolls.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/11/10 at 10:47 pm

Dolls.

Any particular kind of dolls?
???

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/12/10 at 3:06 am

Any particular kind of dolls?
???
Dolls dressed as clowns?

Written By: Howard on 09/12/10 at 7:12 am

http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/scary_dolls07.jpg

scary dolls like this one?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/12/10 at 7:13 am

http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/scary_dolls07.jpg

scary dolls like this one?  :o
All set for Halloween?

Written By: Howard on 09/12/10 at 7:16 am

All set for Halloween?

I'm not going trick or treating.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/12/10 at 7:18 am

I'm not going trick or treating.
Not with that doll?

Written By: Howard on 09/12/10 at 8:05 am

Not with that doll?

No,I got too old.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/16/10 at 10:48 pm

^  The GaGa Dolls
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/firedevil.gif

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/17/10 at 10:38 am

viney plants scare me
those huge power line towers that look like people

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/10 at 1:48 am

loud noises.

loud noises
Loud noises that happened twice?

Written By: Howard on 09/18/10 at 6:51 am

Loud noises that happened twice?

sometimes repetitive ones.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/10 at 6:54 am

sometimes repetitive ones.
Loud echoes?

Written By: Howard on 09/18/10 at 7:03 am

Loud echoes?

thunderstorms like Thursday's powerful one.  :o

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/18/10 at 7:44 pm

I'm afraid of eating game meat.  Yeah I know people have been eating it for centuries, and even cows aren't ALWAYS safe, but I really won't eat any meat other then pig, chicken or cow (and NOT their internal organs either)
No turkey??? No fish???  oh wow :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 09/18/10 at 7:46 pm

viney plants scare me
those huge power line towers that look like people
I am trying to imagine what power lines you are speaking of...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/18/10 at 10:14 pm

Dolls.

Oooh me too!  I once went to this kid's house and his mom had literaly thousands of dolls.  It was the craziest thing I've ever seen.  They were EVERYWHERE.  Cabinets full of them...all over the furniture...on couches...and all different kinds.  She even had a life size bride doll.  It was beyond creepy. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/18/10 at 10:15 pm

My roommate and I were just out on the deck and a huge katydid flew up and landed on the sliding glass door.  I lept up, threw my cigarette on the ground, and ran into the house like a crazy person.  I wouldn't come back out until I was sure it was long gone, and my heart was just pounding.  I HATE BIG GREEN BUGS!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/18/10 at 10:24 pm

No turkey??? No fish???  oh wow :D

Rarely do I eat turkey (basically at Thanksgiving or on an occasional Club sandwich.)  I'll eat a fish sandwich even rarer.  I think I last had one around Easter 2009  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/18/10 at 10:26 pm

I HATE BIG GREEN BUGS!!!

I am the same way with Praying Mantis.  There was one on top of the bushes beside our porch last spring... The only time I've been on the porch is when I can keep an eye on those bushes.  lol

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/19/10 at 12:16 am

This tower ALWAYS made me nervous when I drove past it

http://gallery.bostonradio.org/2001-06/louisville-lexington/100-00452-med.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/19/10 at 12:50 am

I thought spring peepers made strange noises.  They spooked me out when I was a baby.  Yet, all my life I've otherwise enjoyed listening to spring peepers!

Written By: Howard on 09/19/10 at 7:00 am

I thought spring peepers made strange noises.  They spooked me out when I was a baby.  Yet, all my life I've otherwise enjoyed listening to spring peepers!

What are spring peepers? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/19/10 at 7:01 am

What are spring peepers? ???
I was about to ask the same.

Written By: Howard on 09/19/10 at 7:02 am

glass breaking

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/19/10 at 7:06 am

glass breaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0cuAYC5jk

Written By: snozberries on 09/19/10 at 11:15 am

My roommate and I were just out on the deck and a huge katydid flew up and landed on the sliding glass door.  I lept up, threw my cigarette on the ground, and ran into the house like a crazy person.  I wouldn't come back out until I was sure it was long gone, and my heart was just pounding.  I HATE BIG GREEN BUGS!!!

Oddly... the most disturbing thing I read in this post was "threw my cigarette on the ground"  :o 

didn't I spend approx four days with you?  ???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/19/10 at 4:07 pm

Oddly... the most disturbing thing I read in this post was "threw my cigarette on the ground"  :o 

didn't I spend approx four days with you?  ???

I recently started up again.  :-[  Stress and all.

Don't worry.  I won't last through winter.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/19/10 at 4:09 pm

I recently started up again.   :-[  Stress and all.

Don't worry.  I won't last through winter.   ;D

okay! because of the stress you get a pass...for now!  ;)

:-*

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/19/10 at 4:20 pm

okay! because of the stress you get a pass...for now!  ;)

:-*

I know.  I'm not happy about it either.  But there are worse things I could be doing...at least that's what I tell myself.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/21/10 at 12:07 pm

I don't suppose this is too weird, driving over a bridge.  We used to go to a place called St. George Island in Florida it has a 4 mile long bridge from the mainland to the island.  I would un-buckle my seat belt at the start in case we went over the side, I wanted to be able to get out of the car quickly.  Crazy, I know.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=250838852199&id=25ef3e6f91b6a38a1c12d4b24c6adc0c&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages.travelpod.com%2fusers%2fjodieandandy%2frv_life.1204332000.bridge-to-stx-georgexs-island.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 09/21/10 at 12:18 pm

I totally get it... there's something about driving over the San Mateo Bridge that has always freaked me out...

http://www.mostinterestingfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/longest-bridge-in-the-world-San-Mateo-Hayward-Bridge.jpg

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/21/10 at 12:56 pm

Turnbuckles scare the crap out of me http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/turnbuckle.jpg

I mean, look at that thing!!!! JESUS!!!! I'm puking.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/10 at 12:59 pm

Turnbuckles scare the crap out of me http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/turnbuckle.jpg

and I thought turnbuckles were just for wrestling only.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/21/10 at 8:59 pm

walking past a mirror and looking into it at night....totally freaks me out! :o

Written By: Howard on 09/22/10 at 6:47 am

How does that freak you out?  ???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/22/10 at 1:38 pm

What is a turnbuckle?  I would look it up but I'm at work and a little nervous!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/22/10 at 1:40 pm

What is a turnbuckle?  I would look it up but I'm at work and a little nervous!

I think they are the little things that keep the ropes of a boxing/wrestling ring attached to the corner post, so the ropes don't all fall down.

Written By: Howard on 09/22/10 at 1:48 pm

I think they are the little things that keep the ropes of a boxing/wrestling ring attached to the corner post, so the ropes don't all fall down.

it helps to keep the ring together.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/28/10 at 12:03 am

You can see what you will like when you're about to die!

If you stare into a mirror in the dark and chant, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman...

I've tried this experiment on myself.  I've seen pretty spooky images.  I just beheld them as a shadow play phenomenon. 
It's like the Ouija board gimmick.  It  relies on the power of suggestion.  You expect to see something creepy when you stare into a mirror in the dark.  You expect some kind of necromancy when you set up the Ouija board.  The suggestion might be bogus, but you're reaction is real.  You can get a person to literally scare themselves to death via sincere belief that your Voodoo is true Voodoo!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/17/10 at 9:20 pm

XD Yeah, I can relate to that, actually. The way the light is set up in my bathroom, I have to walk inside and flip the switch by the mirror, thus forcing myself to look into it! The closed shower curtain is behind me, and I always imagine someone slowly opening it. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I have to stop talking about it, because I'm currently alone in my apartment.

Written By: Howard on 10/18/10 at 6:56 am

When I'm walking the streets and I see a shadow come up to me and I find out it's mine.

Written By: snozberries on 10/18/10 at 7:58 pm

When I'm walking the streets and I see a shadow come up to me and I find out it's mine.

sorry howard but this made me laugh!  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/19/10 at 2:24 am

Horses scare me.  I like pictures of horses, I think they are beautiful, but I had one rear up on me (when I was a child) as I was holding it's reins in front of it while I was standing in front of it.  Scared me sh!tless.

Written By: Howard on 10/19/10 at 6:59 am

sorry howard but this made me laugh!  ;D

You never know who's walking behind you.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/19/10 at 9:06 pm

I think my fears run the gamot somewhat like Julie Kavner's in this Tracey Ullman Show skit.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tfgr0-nQns

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/26/10 at 5:36 pm

Me, too.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/10 at 5:32 pm

Me, too.

Cat

My sister's friend from camp knew this kid who knew this other kid who read something in a comic book about a story in another book about another kid who knew this other kid who had a Haitian nanny who said if you gaze into the mirror in the dark, you see what you'll look like right after you DIE!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/grim.gif

So we used to scare ourselves silly playing a sillier game of who could stare into the bathroom mirror in the pitch dark for the longest.  None of us could do it for more than about 10 seconds before we bolted out of the baño half-trembling and half-giggling with terror!  One time it was my sister's turn and my cousin and I braced the door shut so she couldn't escape.  We let her pound on the door and curse us to hell for a couple of minutes, then we let her out.  Boy, was she pissed!
;D

Candyman
Candyman
Candyman...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/10 at 5:41 pm

You never know who's walking behind you.

DON'T LOOK!

It only makes the mutant zombies mad!

Muah-hahahaha!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/16/11 at 1:49 pm

Oriental, and any type of rugs especailly the ones that have black in them. Also any kind of dark , fuzzy fabric like velvet I can't look at it gives me the creeps. I once saw velvet black under water...it was horrible.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/16/11 at 4:46 pm

--Headless Barbie Dolls. I don't know why, but they've traumatized me since I was a kid.
--Riding the elevatori alone. I'm always afraid the cable is going to break and I'm going to plunge to my death. And with someone there with me, I can grab on to them and not die alone.
--People who don't know who Michael Jackson or Prince is. ??? Really? If someone doesn't know who they are, it makes me leery, like where the hell have you been the last 40 years? Under a rock?
--Wild dogs. I know you're not supposed to run from them, but once when I was 8 I ran all the way from school to my house--about 10-15 blocks from a dog. LOL. I just thin they're gonna bite and give me rabies. LOL.

Written By: Bobby on 08/16/11 at 5:43 pm

Ha ha, you do make me laugh, Howard.  ;D

Written By: King Tut on 08/16/11 at 6:50 pm

- People walking behind me.
- When you hear a bee or wasp flying around your home, but you can't see it

Written By: Howard on 08/16/11 at 7:26 pm

Wild dogs. I know you're not supposed to run from them, but once when I was 8 I ran all the way from school to my house--about 10-15 blocks from a dog. LOL. I just think they're gonna bite and give me rabies. LOL. 

I hate when you're walking home and some dog just starts running up to you,barks and puts their paws all over you

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/17/11 at 9:20 am

--Riding the elevatori alone. I'm always afraid the cable is going to break and I'm going to plunge to my death. And with someone there with me, I can grab on to them and not die alone.

I have to do that every two weeks, and because it's a small place most of the time I'm always alone.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/17/11 at 10:11 am

1)  Pencils without erasers  :o
2)  The Sun - I'm sorry but that thing is just an explosion ready to happen
3)  Howard (the love affair is over)
4)  Vines and plants with thick stalks
5)  Oil pumps
6)  Howard
7)  Things that go plop in the night
8)  People who pluck their eyelashes
9)  People who don't have eyelashes
10)  Fissures

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/11 at 1:24 pm

1). Walking alone in alleyways at 3 o' clock in the morning.
2). Dolls. Their eyes are creepy.
3). Cockroaches. I know their harmless, but they still freak me out!
4). The current economy.
5). Being alone and hearing strange noises.
6). The space between houses. I think I've watched too many Michael Myers horror flicks so I've grown to fear them!
7). Bees or Wasps. Shudders:.
8). Ghosts. I don't know if they exist, but I'm scared of them anyway.
9). The Blair Witch Project film from 1999 scared me and still kinda does today!
10). Abandoned or decaying houses.
11). Evil/demon/unwelcomed spirits!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/11 at 1:26 pm

4). The current economy.
6). The space between houses. I think I've watched too many Michael Myers horror flicks so I've grown to fear them!
Cool. Ghosts. I don't know if they exist, but I'm scared of them anyway.
9). The Blair Witch Project film from 1999 scared me and still kinda does today!
12). Dark clouds during the day

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/11 at 1:30 pm

4). The current economy.
Cool. Ghosts. I don't know if they exist, but I'm scared of them anyway.
12). Dark clouds during the day              REALLY?  :o Why?  :(

Written By: Howard on 08/17/11 at 8:03 pm

Howard (the love affair is over) 

Howard

Well I'm sorry that scares you,Billzy!  ::)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/17/11 at 8:23 pm

I'm scared of people who are scared of Howard.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/18/11 at 7:07 am

I'm scared of people who are scared of Howard.  ;D

now stop that bringing my name into everything. ::)

Written By: watertowater on 08/18/11 at 8:49 am

1. Facebook pages about dead people. And also, Facebook profiles of dead people.
2. Cute guys.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/18/11 at 8:52 am

1. Facebook pages about dead people. And also, Facebook profiles of dead people.
2. Cute guys.

Aww, don't be scared of me.  I won't bite.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/18/11 at 8:54 am

now stop that bringing my name into everything. ::)

uhh... she was defending you...  ::)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/violent1.gif

Written By: watertowater on 08/18/11 at 9:13 am

Aww, don't be scared of me.  I won't bite.

;D

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/18/11 at 12:25 pm

Some deep sea creatures like the pelican eel, gives me the creeps. Just imagining being in a pool with one of those...nightmare!

Written By: Howard on 08/18/11 at 12:58 pm

2. Cute guys.

Oh well,that leaves me out.  :(

Written By: King Tut on 08/18/11 at 6:56 pm

- The noise (singing? ;D) from opera singers (female only)
- Anyone who looks like Marilyn Manson, goths included. They scare me.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/11 at 6:40 am

women with such ghastly tattoos,looks like a painting. :o

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/19/11 at 12:02 pm

Old telephone poles. They don't really scare me there's just something about them I don't know what it is. Does anyone else see what I mean?

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/19/11 at 12:13 pm

Old telephone poles. They don't really scare me there's just something about them I don't know what it is. Does anyone else see what I mean?

I think I do.  The way they sway in the wind and always make that humming noise?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/19/11 at 2:21 pm

^^ I feel the same way about old railroad tracks that are no longer used.  My grandma used to live on the other side of some railroad tracks (I remember the traing going by and waving at the caboose men as they went by when I was a child) but as an adult, having to cross those tracks in my car usually made me nervous.  I don't know why, I guess I was always expecting a ghost train to arrive...  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/11 at 3:17 pm

Shaped as a crucifix?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aWflL2jDpWU/Se8txRC43aI/AAAAAAAAFSg/stDRLebrSkM/s320/bird-on-a-wire-telephone-pole-vector.jpg

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/19/11 at 4:38 pm

There's one right across from here shaped like that.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/11 at 7:27 pm

Shaped as a crucifix?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aWflL2jDpWU/Se8txRC43aI/AAAAAAAAFSg/stDRLebrSkM/s320/bird-on-a-wire-telephone-pole-vector.jpg

I remember those shapes.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/11 at 7:27 pm

thunder and lightning  :o

Written By: amjikloviet on 08/19/11 at 8:30 pm

Submarines. Nothing weird about them, just scary.

Written By: wildcard on 08/19/11 at 9:41 pm

normal people

Written By: Howard on 08/20/11 at 6:53 am

normal people

that doesn't scare me.

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/11 at 8:17 pm

who asked you?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/11 at 9:39 pm

1). 00s music.
2). Madonna's buff arms.  ;D
3). People who have no conscience. This means they have no sense of right or wrong and might do anything to get what they want!
4). Michael Myers (no, not the actor, the character from Halloween).
5). Anyone with a gun.
6). Gnome statues.  ;D
7). Strange dreams that don't make sense.
8). Lawyers.
9). Acne.
10). Cliffs.

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/11 at 10:54 pm

Gnome statues? http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/traditional1518.shtml

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/11 at 11:05 pm

Gnome statues? http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/traditional1518.shtml

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/11 at 11:07 pm

normal people

I can see what you mean. People who seem too perfect or too bland make me feel creeped out because it's like they have no flaws or something or that they they flaws bigger than the normal person, but they're good at hiding them.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/11 at 6:38 am

I can see what you mean. People who seem too perfect or too bland make me feel creeped out because it's like they have no flaws or something or that they they flaws bigger than the normal person, but they're good at hiding them.

That's why there's no such thing as normal.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/21/11 at 6:39 am

normal people
For with normal people you just do not know.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/21/11 at 11:14 am

That's why there's no such thing as normal.

Exactly.  :D

Written By: Howard on 08/21/11 at 12:59 pm

loud glass breaking.

Written By: wildcard on 08/21/11 at 4:32 pm

this one cartguy I know of http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/smilie%20land/bezorgd.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/11 at 1:32 am

loud glass breaking.
So you do not like the sound of breaking glass?

Written By: Howard on 08/22/11 at 7:02 am

So you do not like the sound of breaking glass?

When I was growing up It kind of startled me.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/22/11 at 12:00 pm

When I was growing up It kind of startled me.

This is such mundane conversation - what are you getting out of it?

This isn't a weird thing to scare you. 

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/11 at 6:26 pm

loud glass breaking.

I would definitely be scared if that loud glass breaking was followed up by a car going through it.  ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/22/11 at 6:45 pm

Not sure If this is weird...probably is.  :-\\

Ok, If my kids fall I worry about either they're going to knock out their front teeth or they're going to injury an eye.  I am totally freaked out by the two.

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/11 at 6:48 pm

Ok, If my kids fall I worry about either they're going to knock out their front teeth or they're going to injury an eye.  I am totally freaked out by the two.

That isn't being weird. That is being a mum, mum's naturally get scared for their children's safety.  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/22/11 at 9:10 pm

Lunch Ladies. Who knows what they put in our food!  :(

Written By: Howard on 08/23/11 at 6:57 am

I would definitely be scared if that loud glass breaking was followed up by a car going through it.  ;D

that's a pretty scary sight to see and to hear.  :o

Written By: Howard on 08/23/11 at 7:05 am

I remember those times when they always put something you didn't like on your tray like day old food such as hamburgers or meat patties. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/11 at 1:48 pm

That was the reason why I always had dinner at home when I attended school.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/23/11 at 2:40 pm

You are justified.  When I was in 6th grade, I fell and broke in half my two front teeth.  What a mess!

Written By: Howard on 08/23/11 at 7:52 pm

That was the reason why I always had dinner at home when I attended school.

I ate in the lunchroom.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/27/11 at 3:31 am

I ate in the lunchroom.
Your own sandwiches?

Written By: Howard on 08/27/11 at 7:32 am

Your own sandwiches?

No it was the hamburgers from the lunchroom.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/11 at 9:41 am

thunder and lightning  :o
Plenty of this weather conditions for you today.

Written By: King Tut on 08/28/11 at 12:33 pm

Anyhoooooo, back to Weird things that scare you

A loud cell phone ringer.
You're sitting down, reading a book..then the cell phone goes off (either yours of someone near you). Startles me. Maybe that's why my ringer is often "off".  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/28/11 at 2:37 pm

Plenty of this weather conditions for you today.

New York has already had their share of scariness.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/11 at 2:38 pm

Anyhoooooo, back to Weird things that scare you

A loud cell phone ringer.
You're sitting down, reading a book..then the cell phone goes off (either yours of someone near you). Startles me. Maybe that's why my ringer is often "off".  ;D

I hate it when that happens.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/28/11 at 3:04 pm

I don't generally like the phone ringing at all anyway.  I guess I haven't gotten all that many "good news" phone calls, so a ringing phone usually means trouble.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/11 at 3:12 pm

I don't generally like the phone ringing at all anyway.  I guess I haven't gotten all that many "good news" phone calls, so a ringing phone usually means trouble.  ;D
I am always reminded of work when a phone rings, so it is down to other members of the family to answer the phone, or just to let the answer machine kick in.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/28/11 at 9:23 pm

Catching a cold.

I was told in dialysis that when a kidney comes in you have to be in good health. No cavities not even a cold cause it could make you prone to infection and make the body reject the kidney.
So I am literally freaked out to be around anyone who coughs or sneezes. I've had anxiety attacks in dialysis over this because there would be several people coughing. When flu season happens, I look like MJ with the little surgical/face mask on because I really don't want to be sick any more than what I am now with renal failure.

There was already one scare when someone had TB and everyone had to get tested for it. (Thank god I didn't get it, but lord knows I tried for WEEKS to find out who had caused all the trouble.)

And it'll be onme knock down drag out if I miss my kidney because of someone else.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/28/11 at 9:48 pm

That WOULD be terrifying, Tiff. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/11 at 10:25 pm

Ever been half asleep and half awake and feel paralyzed?  It's a sickening feeling.  It used to happen with an antidepressant I took h.s.  If I forgot to take it, I'd have night terrors in which I felt my signals failing to stimulate my motor functions.  It was a matter of seconds before I'd wake up with a gasp.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_pale.gif

It's a similar phenomenon to the familiar feeling of being unable to run away from something in a nightmare.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/02/11 at 10:49 am

Ever been half asleep and half awake and feel paralyzed?  It's a sickening feeling.  It used to happen with an antidepressant I took h.s.  If I forgot to take it, I'd have night terrors in which I felt my signals failing to stimulate my motor functions.  It was a matter of seconds before I'd wake up with a gasp.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_pale.gif

It's a similar phenomenon to the familiar feeling of being unable to run away from something in a nightmare.

I've felt something somewhat similar to this.  I notice when I take an antihestimine (sp?), and if I take a nap, I feel like I can't wake up from it.  Like, I'm trying, in my sleep, to open my eyes but I can't. I can't move.  I feel like, I don't violently force myself to wake up, I will never wake up... it's crazy, and thank God it doesn't happen often.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/11 at 12:43 pm

jerk awakes.

Written By: King Tut on 09/02/11 at 1:29 pm

jerk awakes.

what is that?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/11 at 1:30 pm

jerk awakes.

what is that?
Can I assume those sudden bodily movements when falling asleep?

Written By: King Tut on 09/02/11 at 5:00 pm

Can I assume those sudden bodily movements when falling asleep?

I thought maybe Howard had a jerk sleep next to him and hated it when the jerk woke up. ;D

Written By: seamermar on 09/02/11 at 5:10 pm

I've felt something somewhat similar to this.  I notice when I take an antihestimine (sp?), and if I take a nap, I feel like I can't wake up from it.  Like, I'm trying, in my sleep, to open my eyes but I can't. I can't move.  I feel like, I don't violently force myself to wake up, I will never wake up... it's crazy, and thank God it doesn't happen often.

What do you think dear SirBillzy, you are awake or asleep  ? Maybe you're still within dreams.

As for me the scariest nightmare is knowing some relatives passed away.  
Another one is laying on bed while the room seems to spread the walls beyond sight and I feel myself pretty tiny in the middle of nowhere.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/03/11 at 12:41 am

Ever been half asleep and half awake and feel paralyzed?

Yup.  Most people experience Sleep Paralysis every once in a while.  Absolutely terrifying even when you know what's happening.  It's the origin of the Succubus/Incubus myth.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/11 at 7:09 am

what is that?

It's like when you're falling asleep,you get a sudden body movemnet that wakes you up and scares you.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/11 at 7:10 am

I thought maybe Howard had a jerk sleep next to him and hated it when the jerk woke up. ;D

::)

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/03/11 at 10:13 am

This tower ALWAYS made me nervous when I drove past it

http://gallery.bostonradio.org/2001-06/louisville-lexington/100-00452-med.jpg

And there's a telephone pole right next to it lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/11 at 10:27 am

And there's a telephone pole right next to it lol.
;D

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/03/11 at 5:27 pm

As if it wasn't enough, my goodness ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/11 at 5:15 pm

Yup.  Most people experience Sleep Paralysis every once in a while.  Absolutely terrifying even when you know what's happening.  It's the origin of the Succubus/Incubus myth.

Thought my ex was the origin of the succubus myth!

Speaking of all that...

Ever been woken up by one of those screaming cat fights?  Sounds like demons or banshees!

Written By: King Tut on 09/05/11 at 6:26 pm

Ever been woken up by one of those screaming cat fights?  Sounds like demons or banshees!

You're quite right, it does!

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/05/11 at 6:33 pm

Ever been half asleep and half awake and feel paralyzed? 

That use to happen to me all the time, but it doesn't now as much as it use to. SCARY.

Written By: Howard on 09/06/11 at 6:44 am

Yes I have plenty of times in the past.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/06/11 at 7:03 am

http://drpinna.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/oil.pump_.jpg

and

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2009/05/20/wind-it_1_gf2ln_69.jpg

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/06/11 at 10:35 am

That last one nearly gave me a panic attack lol!

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 09/08/11 at 5:56 pm

LOL, you guys are retarded.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/12/11 at 1:47 am

My buddy used to store stuff in these:
http://ladygrayantiques.com/onlinestore/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/embalming%20003.jpg
His great-grandfather was an undertaker and my buddy's dad found stacks of embalming fluid crates and other
tools of the trade in an old shed back of the old man's property.  Used to give me the willies the sight of 'em!

Written By: Howard on 09/12/11 at 6:52 am

My buddy used to store stuff in these:
http://ladygrayantiques.com/onlinestore/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/thumbs/embalming%20003.jpg
His great-grandfather was an undertaker and my buddy's dad found stacks of embalming fluid crates and other
tools of the trade in an old shed back of the old man's property.  Used to give me the willies the sight of 'em!

EW! embalming fluid? Were their dead bodies in the crates?  ???

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/12/11 at 7:23 am

Yes, the crates were full of dead bodies but somehow it was just the crates themselves that he was scared of...  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/09/11 at 12:46 pm

I'm afraid of robots.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/11 at 2:52 pm

I'm afraid of robots.
Asimo scares me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3C5sc8b3xM

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/12/11 at 5:59 pm

Asimo scares me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3C5sc8b3xM

OMG...I couldn't get through the first 20 seconds!  I'm serious!  :o

Written By: seamermar on 12/14/11 at 5:58 pm

The plans of wizards of wealth for the future of the planet, that scares me most of all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=r6W3YoisZ0o

for I'm sure truth was the first casualty in the Gulf

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/27/12 at 2:23 pm

I have Megalophobia, which is a fear of large things :-\\ particularly under water such as: large sea creatures, submarines and sunken ships...giving me the creeps just talking about it, lol! I also have Melanophobia, which is fear of the color black and it was thanks to a view master I had when I was 5 or 6 :(...long story. Also, cockroaches have always scared me...everything about them. I had a horrible experience with cockroaches when I was 7 and to this day still bothers me :\'(

Written By: warped on 12/27/12 at 2:29 pm

- Death scares me.
- Sudden loud noises scare me
- Bees
- Walking alone, outside at night (3 or 4am) when no one is around.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/28/12 at 12:10 am

I'm scared of driving through rich neighborhoods.  It really makes me nervous.  I think they are gonna call the cops on me because I don't belong there.  I sometimes go to yard sales in more affluent neighborhoods, in my junky car, and I think they are looking down on me.  Weird, I know.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/28/12 at 12:45 am

Headless Barbies.

I don't lnow WHY. I mean I've seen some pretty rank stuff in my life, infected sores, gangrene-riddled limbs rotting off...and it's a little Barbie head that frightens me. I think it's because Barbie is smiling and there's that little plastic bulb inside that just sits there...I used to thow a wang dang doodle of a fit when a doll's head would come off.
I already made up my mind, if I have a child and Barbie's head comes off, we'll just buy a new one. Don't bring it to Mommy because Daddy will have to come get me off the roof!
I even passed up buying the lifelike Thriller MJ doll because it came with a second "zombie" head and I could handle it. I mean I couldn't spend 250 dollars on a doll and be frightened to open the box he's in.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/12 at 7:02 am

I'm scared of driving through rich neighborhoods.  It really makes me nervous.  I think they are gonna call the cops on me because I don't belong there.  I sometimes go to yard sales in more affluent neighborhoods, in my junky car, and I think they are looking down on me.  Weird, I know.

I'm not scared, Why should I be?

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/12 at 8:23 am

I'm not scared, Why should I be?

It's her fear not yours howard.

I get it patty. When I first started driving in Bev Hills it was in this beater pick up and I was always self conscious about it. I'd look at the fancy cars and felt I was being judged. Eventually I stopped caring.

I live on the border of Santa b. and Montecito. Montecito is very affluent, I am not lol, sometimes if I shop or dine or walk in Montecito instead of SB I feel people looking at me....that's not paranoia- I just don't give a shyt anymore- 

But I'm still afraid to go into some restaurants in B. Hills or Montecito cuz I don't wanna look at $ on the menu and then do the walk of shame out the door cuz I can't afford it.  :-\\

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/28/12 at 10:16 pm

But who would be out at 3 or 4 in the morning? ???.....truck drivers mainly.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/28/12 at 10:22 pm

But I'm still afraid to go into some restaurants in B. Hills or Montecito cuz I don't wanna look at $ on the menu and then do the walk of shame out the door cuz I can't afford it.  :-\\

That's why I've developed the hobby of looking up menus of restaurants online.  They usually give the base prices of their entrees.  Then I read reviews and reviews of reviews until I finally decide if I want to try it out. 

That happened once when I was dating a former boyfriend.  I wanted to try TGIF because I'd never been to one.  I drove a former boyfriend up to Pittsburgh (about a hour drive) and we spent the day walking around the mall.  Afterwards we were gonna go out to eat and I saw a TGIF.  We went in, sat down, and was looking over the menu and he said we can't eat here.  I didn't think the prices were THAT bad.  ::)  I was gonna pay for mine.  I think he was just a cheap skate.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/12 at 12:51 am

He was def a cheapskate patty.  ;D

Have you been in a TGIF yet?

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/12 at 12:52 am

There are a lot of horror films about killer truck drivers.

Written By: Howard on 12/29/12 at 7:18 am

I would be asleep at 3 or 4 in the morning.

Written By: warped on 12/29/12 at 7:35 am

Strange people, drunks..I've seen them. A group of people returning from a party, all liquored up.

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/12 at 9:35 am

Strange people, drunks..I've seen them. A group of people returning from a party, all liquored up.

around here, in LA and in San Diego I always see people at 3am... 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/29/12 at 1:36 pm

He was def a cheapskate patty.  ;D

Have you been in a TGIF yet?

Yeah a few times now.  My hubby spoils me.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/29/12 at 2:57 pm

Yeah a few times now.  My hubby spoils me.  ;D

you married the right man!

Written By: Howard on 12/29/12 at 7:47 pm

I would just ignore them.

Written By: warped on 12/29/12 at 8:44 pm

I would just ignore them.

Sometimes they don't ignore you, Howard. That's the problem.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/30/12 at 6:00 am

My hubby and I are often out really late at night, albeit in the car driving somewhere.  It's kinda peaceful as, just for that very reason, no one is around.  We are both nite owls.  We often will stay up all night, just because it suits us.

Yeah, we're "odd".  lol

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/30/12 at 1:34 pm

The only way I'm outside at 3 am is if there's a dire emergency. It also takes alot to get me out the house at 3 PM...I'm just a homebody and would rather be on my laptop. It's safer.

Written By: Inertia on 12/30/12 at 5:00 pm

I have several phobias. I am very afraid of:

Cockroaches
Bees & Wasps
Crickets - especially cave crickets! They are evil!
Beetles (Mostly because they resemble cockroaches)

In general, though I hate most insects or creepy crawlies. ;\ I am not very afraid of spiders though. Although, large ones make me feel nervous. Small ones I crush with my finger.

I am also afraid of being alone outside at night. I get paranoid. Sometimes I am afraid in the house by myself at night (or daytime) too but usually that has something to do with supernatural activity taking place.

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/30/12 at 7:31 pm

I have several phobias. I am very afraid of:

Cockroaches
Bees & Wasps
Crickets - especially cave crickets! They are evil!
Beetles (Mostly because they resemble cockroaches)

In general, though I hate most insects or creepy crawlies. ;\ I am not very afraid of spiders though. Although, large ones make me feel nervous. Small ones I crush with my finger.

Cockroaches scare the wits out of me! I too have a fear of them :-[. Everything: the way they crawl, the patterned wings(and the ones without wings also), the fact that they like dark damp places, they spread chemicals, soo much more!

Written By: Inertia on 12/31/12 at 6:15 pm

Cockroaches scare the wits out of me! I too have a fear of them :-[. Everything: the way they crawl, the patterned wings(and the ones without wings also), the fact that they like dark damp places, they spread chemicals, soo much more!

You are afraid of them too? They are my worst phobia and pure evil. ;[

I hate all cockroaches. Regardless, if they walk or fly, but I fear the winged ones slightly more.

Luckily, raid > cockroaches so I can stand at a distance and spray them.

Muahahahahahaha!

Written By: Howard on 12/31/12 at 7:40 pm

Once in a while, glass breakage scares me.

Written By: warped on 12/31/12 at 7:44 pm

Once in a while, glass breakage scares me.

Yeah, that sudden noise...I understand that.

I hate all cockroaches. Regardless, if they walk or fly, but I fear the winged ones slightly more.

Same here.

Written By: meesa on 01/03/13 at 2:21 pm

Heights.

My legs tremble and suddenly I can't move just thinking about places like the Willis Tower Skydeck, for example:
http://cdn003.travelavenue.com/static/images/96e31ab0-9dd9-012f-7c04-12313b057e1b/product/image.jpg

No No No.

I have trouble just going up ladders let alone even thinking of doing this.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/13 at 3:22 pm

Heights.

My legs tremble and suddenly I can't move just thinking about places like the Willis Tower Skydeck, for example:
http://cdn003.travelavenue.com/static/images/96e31ab0-9dd9-012f-7c04-12313b057e1b/product/image.jpg

No No No.

I have trouble just going up ladders let alone even thinking of doing this.

that looks quite scary.  :o

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/05/13 at 8:55 pm

Hahahaha! ;D

Written By: hot_wax on 02/09/13 at 9:12 pm

I was just poking around at the hundreds of new and old posts and this one struck a nerve in me to put my 2 cents in.

What I often think of that puts me into a fettle postion of fear since I was 8 years old was when I was with my father making a pickup at the Brooklyn Navy yard piers. My skin crawls today at the thought of falling between a pier and huge freighter ship moored to that pier. The space between a ship and the pier is only about three feet, and while waiting for him, I got curious and went to the edge of a pier, holding on to a piling on looked down that narrow space between a ship and the pier  and it immediatly froze me with fear. The water was black and about 30 feet below the top of the pier and the ship was huge and very high. That sight of the narrow space separating the pier and the huge ship, the distance to the black water below, and dizzying height of the ship froze me to a paralyzing fear of thinking that I was going to fall between the pier and the ship down into that black water below and couldn't be rescued and drown to death. I didn't ,or couldn't move holding on to piling for dear life, to where my father had to come and pull me away from there.

This is the only fear that haunts me today, really it does, I'm cringing even as I'm writting this, but as I figured out when I was a little boy, if I stay from that situation I think I can contain my fear and live a long a happy life.

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/13 at 9:34 pm

^ that was written so well the thought of it frightens me as well.

Written By: hot_wax on 02/10/13 at 2:33 pm

^ that was written so well the thought of it frightens me as well.

My advice Snozberrie, stay away from ends of piers that have huge freighters moored to them, if you look down to the between that 3 foot opening to the black water below it will put you into paralyzing fear, and haunt you the rest of your life.

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 02/11/13 at 1:50 am

Nothing. I dont ser the logic in fears. I uses to ne afraid of plants as a kid. Now, I can't  think of a good reason to fear anything. The last I had was being outed as bisexual at highschool or my parents. So over that, out of school and they know(dont accept) I am.

Written By: Howard on 02/11/13 at 6:57 am

Nothing. I dont ser the logic in fears. I uses to ne afraid of plants as a kid. Now, I can't  think of a good reason to fear anything. The last I had was being outed as bisexual at highschool or my parents. So over that, out of school and they know(dont accept) I am.

that's interesting.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/19/13 at 9:27 pm

Imagine waking up in a coffin buried six feet under.  Nothing to see, nothing to hear, and nowhere to move your limbs.  No one can hear you scream.  All you can do is lie there constricted until the oxygen runs out and you DIE just the same!  Buried alive was the first thing I thought of when I learned how when you die they put you in a box deep in the ground. 

I didn't know this was a universal fear as old as the rite of burial itself and it did used to happen to people in the old days.  There were many coffins devised to allow the living interred to alert those above ground.  There were elaborate string-and-bell systems as well as sound and air conveyances, such as tubes, to alleviate the future occupant of the old buried alive phobia.  My favorite was a casket that would release a fatal dose of poison gas when they sealed the lid!  You know, just to make sure you are indeed qualified for committal! 

Buried alive hasn't been a problem since the advent modern embalming.  Nowadays they take your vital organs out before they stick you in the ground.  Anyway, if I have anything to say about it, I'll be cremated. 

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/20/13 at 11:57 am

Howard  :o

Written By: Howard on 02/20/13 at 2:06 pm

Howard  :o

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/20/13 at 2:18 pm

I'm afraid of:

people on stilts

vines

magnets

Written By: Katluver on 02/27/13 at 8:18 pm

-Mice

-Having a flock of birds fly over my head

-Not exactly scared but when I fly, I get more nervous with landing as oppose to take off.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/13 at 12:44 am

I used to go to Urban Explorer sites and look at pictures of abandoned mental hospitals.  Sometimes I would do this late at night and get spooked out.  So I'd have to turn on the lights and watch TV.
8)

Written By: Howard on 02/28/13 at 7:02 am

the group of blackbirds every winter, they scare me half to death. :o

Written By: Katluver on 02/28/13 at 10:48 am

Seeing Adolf Hitler in pictures and even in movies.

Axl Rose

Written By: 80sfan on 03/05/13 at 4:09 am

I used to go to Urban Explorer sites and look at pictures of abandoned mental hospitals.  Sometimes I would do this late at night and get spooked out.  So I'd have to turn on the lights and watch TV.
8)

Yeah, abandoned hospitals, houses, buildings, etc, etc. All of them creep me out!! In the back of your mind, especially at night, you ask yourself: Are those strange noises the noises of ghosts?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/13 at 8:51 pm

Yeah, abandoned hospitals, houses, buildings, etc, etc. All of them creep me out!! In the back of your mind, especially at night, you ask yourself: Are those strange noises the noises of ghosts?

I'm a skeptic about ghosts and stuff, but the horrible things that went on in mental hospitals trigger much creepier thoughts than anything supernatural!

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/05/13 at 9:26 pm

-Mice

I love all animals, but I have this thing about mice and rats. They're just so gross. I can't think of another word to describe them, lol. I can't believe that in other parts of the world people actually eat them!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/13 at 5:40 am

I love all animals, but I have this thing about mice and rats. They're just so gross. I can't think of another word to describe them, lol. I can't believe that in other parts of the world people actually eat them!
How do you react to squirrels?

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 05/20/14 at 4:06 pm

Imagine waking up in a coffin buried six feet under.  Nothing to see, nothing to hear, and nowhere to move your limbs.  No one can hear you scream.  All you can do is lie there constricted until the oxygen runs out and you DIE just the same!  Buried alive was the first thing I thought of when I learned how when you die they put you in a box deep in the ground. 

I didn't know this was a universal fear as old as the rite of burial itself and it did used to happen to people in the old days.  There were many coffins devised to allow the living interred to alert those above ground.  There were elaborate string-and-bell systems as well as sound and air conveyances, such as tubes, to alleviate the future occupant of the old buried alive phobia.  My favorite was a casket that would release a fatal dose of poison gas when they sealed the lid!  You know, just to make sure you are indeed qualified for committal! 

Buried alive hasn't been a problem since the advent modern embalming.  Nowadays they take your vital organs out before they stick you in the ground.  Anyway, if I have anything to say about it, I'll be cremated. 

That was the original purpose of having a Wake-to make sure they were dead, and wouldn't wake up.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 10:48 am

quite carefully.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/14 at 2:05 pm

quite carefully.
From a distance, they have a nasty bite.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/14 at 6:55 pm

From a distance, they have a nasty bite.

they like peanuts and crackerjacks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/14 at 7:34 am

they like peanuts and crackerjacks.
...and bury their nuts in the ground

Written By: Visor765 on 08/19/14 at 5:53 pm

Indoor darkness. I'm always afraid when it's pitch black inside a building that I'm going to get possessed by a demon or something. That can really happen.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/14 at 1:59 pm

thunder and lightning.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/20/15 at 10:46 am

Being alone outside at nighttime by myself.

Spiders

Scorpions (here in Texas!)

Mean people

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 02/20/15 at 12:59 pm

Mean people

SHUT UP.

:D

I realize now that I may not know you well enough to joke around like that XD

Aaaaaaanyway: windmills, vultures, failure, and public speaking. Rather boring, really.

Written By: Arrowstone on 03/08/15 at 5:36 pm

- Walking spiders inside my house.
- When the door bell rings and I don't expect anyone
- Same with telephone (yes, it's terrible but well)
- (Very weird): when lying in bed, that if I let one of my limbs hang down,
some hand from underneath might suddenly grab it.
- Bills.

And some heavy ones, which I think are more common than people want to admit
- Failure
- Alienation
- The future in general.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 04/20/15 at 5:45 pm

The idea of my own intestines. 20 feet is just too long!  :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 05/04/15 at 12:21 pm

Nuns.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/06/15 at 5:08 am

- Walking spiders inside my house.
- When the door bell rings and I don't expect anyone
- Same with telephone (yes, it's terrible but well)
- (Very weird): when lying in bed, that if I let one of my limbs hang down,
some hand from underneath might suddenly grab it.
- Bills.

And some heavy ones, which I think are more common than people want to admit
- Failure
- Alienation
- The future in general.

I'm completely with you on when the doorbell rings or the phone rings and I don't expect it. I get panicky.

8)

Those are fun to look at, but sad because of their history. I'd never do it myself because I'm more afraid of being arrested than those buildings. I'll admit that some of them don't even look like a good time. One place called Bryce had not only the typical left over equipment and papers all over the floor, but a freakin' coffin standing on end! I'd have to look for the picture again.

thunder and lightning.

A fairly common one people beyond childhood don't like to admit. When the power goes out because of it at night I still get a little scared.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/12/15 at 12:12 am

Nutria(Coyup)

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/12/15 at 6:03 pm

Nutria(Coyup)

What's that?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/12/15 at 8:04 pm

What's that?

a large rodent that looks like a cross between a beaver and a rat

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/12/15 at 8:10 pm

What's that?

Raticate was also based of off him yuck! 8-P

Written By: violet_shy on 06/09/15 at 2:04 pm

I haven't been scared of anything. Maybe just my aunt's cat...she is very unpredictable.

Written By: Howard on 06/09/15 at 2:48 pm

I haven't been scared of anything. Maybe just my aunt's cat...she is very unpredictable.

You don't have any phobias?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/10/15 at 2:13 pm

Not anything weird, but needles can make me nervous, especially if I'm watching a horror movie.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/26/15 at 10:32 am

Not anything weird, but needles can make me nervous, especially if I'm watching a horror movie.

I don't like those either!

Written By: 80sfan on 06/26/15 at 6:42 pm

I don't like those either!

I think I get the point.  :)

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/05/15 at 5:23 am

I think I get the point.  :)

Lol. Shot needles specifically.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/15 at 2:18 pm

very loud fireworks that sound like shotguns.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/06/15 at 10:38 pm

You must not be a fan of July 4 then.  :(

Written By: nally on 07/06/15 at 11:17 pm

I personally HIW they're so close, like almost right outside my home.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/07/15 at 12:58 am

Raticate from Pokemon scared the crap out of me when I was a kid and still kinda does!! ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 07/07/15 at 1:51 am

I personally HIW they're so close, like almost right outside my home.

HIW?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/07/15 at 2:28 am

HIW?

hate it when

Written By: Howard on 07/07/15 at 3:07 pm

I am, it just the sound of them startles me a bit.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/08/15 at 7:19 am

I am, it just the sound of them startles me a bit.

There were plenty of them to hear last week and I don't like it when I'm not expecting it.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/15 at 10:21 am

hate it when

Thank you for the enlightenment!

Written By: violet_shy on 04/06/16 at 4:25 pm

Ok, palm trees are beautiful but at night...they give me the creeps. Still I like starring at them for hours and hours, lol.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/12/16 at 12:52 pm

Spider bites.  8-P

Written By: Starlighter on 05/27/16 at 2:13 am

Birds crashing into the windows.  It happens often enough where I stopped cleaning our windows at home thinking that the birds would see the dirt, but they don't so I'm freaking out a bit.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/11/16 at 3:31 pm

Some patterns on carpets/oriental rugs scare me sometimes when they are hanging on display. Too over-bearing. Especially black rugs or rugs that have black in them.

Dark things under water: poles, stones, manta rays, dark clothing like velvet. I know, I'm weird ::)

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 07/11/16 at 3:48 pm

Reaching into my pocket and feeling a crunchy wrapper or receipt...

Written By: Howard on 07/12/16 at 3:22 pm

Reaching into my pocket and feeling a crunchy wrapper or receipt...

that scares you?  ???

Written By: violet_shy on 07/12/16 at 5:15 pm

Do you all see what I mean?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9PvBMv8JCxAnzpIBJw-Hd4NZFILkDL9lel_uAhcxGfWBa40_8

Written By: Starlighter on 07/13/16 at 8:53 pm

Do you all see what I mean?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9PvBMv8JCxAnzpIBJw-Hd4NZFILkDL9lel_uAhcxGfWBa40_8

That is strange looking from that angle.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/14/16 at 11:37 am

Other things that give me the creeps:

Pipe organs
Robot voices/sounds
Dark patterns

I think I have Melanophobia. Since I was 6.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/16 at 10:54 pm

Hollow sounds, like notes from a piano.  :(

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/25/16 at 12:29 pm

Some 1930s Russian cartoons, I can't remember the name of the one I'm thinking of, but it got increasingly horrifying as you watched.

Written By: Starlighter on 08/25/16 at 8:28 pm

Some 1930s Russian cartoons, I can't remember the name of the one I'm thinking of, but it got increasingly horrifying as you watched.

What was it about?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/16 at 8:40 pm

What was it about?
Propaganda?

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/25/16 at 8:59 pm

What was it about?

It was some Russian propaganda thing, it definitely wasn't for kids (pretty sure, at least), I couldn't understand it, it seemed really strange, I remember just a lot of changing scenes of creatures/people(?), it got scarier as you watched it more. I saw it on Reddit, but sadly, I can't go search for it on Reddit, because Reddit won't open for me anymore, I can't connect to that site in particular.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/16 at 9:39 pm

It was some Russian propaganda thing, it definitely wasn't for kids (pretty sure, at least), I couldn't understand it, it seemed really strange, I remember just a lot of changing scenes of creatures/people(?), it got scarier as you watched it more. I saw it on Reddit, but sadly, I can't go search for it on Reddit, because Reddit won't open for me anymore, I can't connect to that site in particular.
Are the same on YouTube?

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/25/16 at 10:08 pm

Are the same on YouTube?

I'll go try to find it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/16 at 10:10 pm

I'll go try to find it.
I have seen these before many very ago, the films for me reflect the history of the nation at that time.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/25/16 at 10:31 pm

It sounds scary!  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 08/25/16 at 10:37 pm

http://cdn2us.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/article_main_wide_image/public/2016/07/lights-out.jpeg?itok=yDwEAd0s

Spoooooky!

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/26/16 at 4:22 am

I remember I saw it on the ObscureMedia subreddit, so I doubt I can find it on YouTube. I've had no luck so far. I can't check Reddit to find the post though. It has been saying Safari cannot open the page, because the server cannot be found. That only happens when I have no Internet, and I've tried the solutions on Google, none have worked so far.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 4:32 am

I remember I saw it on the ObscureMedia subreddit, so I doubt I can find it on YouTube. I've had no luck so far. I can't check Reddit to find the post though. It has been saying Safari cannot open the page, because the server cannot be found. That only happens when I have no Internet, and I've tried the solutions on Google, none have worked so far.  :(
I will see what I can find.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/26/16 at 4:39 am

I will see what I can find.

Thank you!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 4:43 am

Thank you!  :D
On Google Videos several black and videos can be seen when search as 'russian propaganda 1930s'

https://www.google.com.ph/search?rlz=1Y3KTZR_enGB571GB571&biw=1280&bih=800&tbm=vid&ei=vg7AV4PcMcub0gTa4JOQDA&q=russian+propaganda+1930s&oq=russian+propaganda+1930s&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...17089.22557.0.23648.6.6.0.0.0.0.340.1093.0j5j0j1.6.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..0.2.490...0j33i21k1._ApbmvCglBI

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/26/16 at 5:00 am

On Google Videos several black and videos can be seen when search as 'russian propaganda 1930s'

https://www.google.com.ph/search?rlz=1Y3KTZR_enGB571GB571&biw=1280&bih=800&tbm=vid&ei=vg7AV4PcMcub0gTa4JOQDA&q=russian+propaganda+1930s&oq=russian+propaganda+1930s&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...17089.22557.0.23648.6.6.0.0.0.0.340.1093.0j5j0j1.6.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..0.2.490...0j33i21k1._ApbmvCglBI

I'll go digging through this to find it, thanks again.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 5:48 am

I'll go digging through this to find it, thanks again.  :)
O0

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/26/16 at 7:59 pm

I wasn't able to find the video after searching for it for a while.  :( I guess it's fine though, maybe if Reddit ever works again, I'll go find it.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/10/16 at 5:06 am

Cockroaches!  8-P

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/19/16 at 1:28 pm

As a kid, this did and still kinda does to be honest.... ;D ;D ;D
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f4/020Raticate.png/250px-020Raticate.png

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/20/16 at 8:19 pm

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f4/020Raticate.png/250px-020Raticate.png

I never knew about could be scared of an actual Pokemon before. When I was a kid, I thought Pokemon looked cool. Maybe it was because I found it to be more like my style.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/21/16 at 12:11 am

Looks like the mice we had in our house back in the mid-1990's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/16 at 12:21 am

Is this scary?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jackas000/rodent.gif

The angry gopher?

Written By: 80sfan on 09/21/16 at 12:22 am

^ ^
;D  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/21/16 at 10:28 am

Is this scary?

The angry gopher?

Nah. It wasn't like a meme from YouTube.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/16 at 3:18 pm

Is this scary?

The angry gopher?

gophers aren't scary.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/16/17 at 7:35 pm

The sound of the Taco Bell....it sounds horrible and should not be used in a restaurant commercial.

Written By: aja675 on 10/25/17 at 9:59 am

And I'm afraid of low-income neighborhoods, because they make me feel that the privileged, Westernized bubble of my childhood was a lie.

Written By: Howard on 10/25/17 at 2:44 pm

The Story of Lizzie Borden. :o

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 02/07/18 at 4:16 pm

Sonic Spinball was one of the creepiest games as a child... that freakin' lava boiler with those uncanny, puking heads... AND THAT NAILS ON SCRAP METAL SOUND WHEN YOU LOST A LIFE!

Also? Giygas, the final boss of EarthBound. I still remember being 6 and asking my neighbor Elizabeth, "Beth, what is that swirly thing and why is it screaming?"

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 02/20/18 at 3:44 pm

Well, until Elizabeth described it eating Ness. For some reason, my fear just went away and I died laughing.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/26/18 at 8:16 pm

I wouldn't exactly say they scare me, but there's something slightly creepy about pine trees.

What really gives me the creeps is that in some places they hang their Christmas trees upside down...YES ALL LIT UP AND EVERYTHING. I'm just like, WHAT THE HECK?  :o

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/26/18 at 8:27 pm

I wouldn't exactly say they scare me, but there's something slightly creepy about pine trees.

What really gives me the creeps is that in some places they hang their Christmas trees upside down...YES ALL LIT UP AND EVERYTHING. I'm just like, WHAT THE HECK?  :o

WHO hangs Christmas trees upside down? I never heard of it. Is it some kind of art installation or something?  ???

Written By: violet_shy on 11/26/18 at 8:29 pm

WHO hangs Christmas trees upside down? I never heard of it. Is it some kind of art installation or something?  ???

I googled it.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/18 at 7:42 am

I googled it.

https://assets.marthastewart.com/styles/wmax-1500/d39/upside-down-christmas-tree-wayfair-1217/upside-down-christmas-tree-wayfair-1217_horiz.jpg?itok=3yPU92PM

Wow, that is just weird!  :o

Written By: violet_shy on 11/27/18 at 12:36 pm

https://assets.marthastewart.com/styles/wmax-1500/d39/upside-down-christmas-tree-wayfair-1217/upside-down-christmas-tree-wayfair-1217_horiz.jpg?itok=3yPU92PM

Wow, that is just weird!  :o

It's creepy but I kinda like the idea! I woukd definitely hang my Christmas tree upside down lol.

Written By: annimal on 11/27/18 at 8:09 pm

you call that creepy?

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/28/18 at 10:42 am

Religious zealots who spend their entire lives casting judgment on others

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/28/18 at 1:10 pm

It's creepy but I kinda like the idea! I woukd definitely hang my Christmas tree upside down lol.

According to spruce.com the practice of upside down Christmas trees began in the Middle Ages to represent the Holy Trinity. Still looks like an avant-garde art installation to me.  :D

Written By: annimal on 11/28/18 at 6:08 pm

I like things that hang

Written By: annimal on 02/26/19 at 11:32 pm

I don't like bee hives

Written By: violet_shy on 05/14/19 at 4:29 pm

It's those fluffy house centipedes! They don't exactly scare me but they are creepy as heck!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/19 at 7:01 am

I don't like bee hives
...but do you like honey?

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/09/20 at 11:59 am

Most orchestral songs, especially Carol Of The Bells.  Sesame Street when the letter M is crumbling from a shaking mountain.  The music from Mission Impossible.

Decorative metal plates in roof gables of old farmhouses.  Chimney flue covers which look like upside down paper plates but metal with graphics painted on them.  Suns with long streamers and faces are especially scary.

When I was a kid I was deathly afraid of hardwood floors.  Afraid I'd fall through.  Even up till age 6 someone had to pick me up because I wouldn't set foot on it.  By age 7 we moved.  I now own a house with hardwood floor but I'm over it now.

Large moths with "paintings" on their wings.  Especially when they get in the house and start flying around and banging on stuff.

Spiders but that's not weird.

Written By: annimal on 01/09/20 at 1:02 pm

having to do with bee hives  I don't like a bunch of bees around because I'm afraid they might end up stinging me

Written By: Senor Teletubby on 01/09/20 at 1:28 pm

having to do with bee hives  I don't like a bunch of bees around because I'm afraid they might end up stinging me

I’m more afraid of the actual hive than the bees that live in them. They seem to be built from some sort of ancient compound that no one can figure out.  What makes them so dense and heavy?  Do they have solid iron ore in them?  I stay away from them and let bees stings me all day long.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/20 at 2:48 pm

I’m more afraid of the actual hive than the bees that live in them. They seem to be built from some sort of ancient compound that no one can figure out.  What makes them so dense and heavy?  Do they have solid iron ore in them?  I stay away from them and let bees stings me all day long.

I always feel I have to run away when a bee is coming towards me.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/09/20 at 9:40 pm

Yes bees and wasps.  Heights big time.  Flying (never have and probably never will).  But that's pretty common.

The insides of boats and ships.

Pipe organ sound yes, but not a Hammond B3 thru a Leslie.  Old time furniture and architecture with all its swoops and things.

The word "yell" has always been horrible look at.  It looks like it is scowling back at me with squinty eyes.

If I rub my nose or push out blackheads I am often afraid of breaking it.  Or afraid I'll tear an eye ligament if looking too far to one side.

Public speaking, parties, speaking up at meetings.  But that's pretty common.

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/03/20 at 2:41 pm

That loud "Swoosh" noise a semi truck makes during parking, taking road trips as a child and stopping at a gas station and hearing the sounds of the trucks doing that in the filling station across from us really spooked me. Even to this day I still get chills down my spine when I hear it and  overwhelming need to get out of the way and back into the car.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/27/20 at 4:07 pm

Cockroaches

Thankfully I don't have any in my apartment because I always keep my place super clean. But they are super sneaky and always show up at the worst places: esp on food, yuck! They spread disease and their nasty residue clogs up your lungs. Also, in tropical areas they are frightfully huge and they fly :o

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/27/20 at 5:52 pm

That loud "Swoosh" noise a semi truck makes during parking, taking road trips as a child and stopping at a gas station and hearing the sounds of the trucks doing that in the filling station across from us really spooked me. Even to this day I still get chills down my spine when I hear it and  overwhelming need to get out of the way and back into the car.

You mean the air brake? Many fears have no reason but that’s a parking brake for safety.

Cockroaches

Thankfully I don't have any in my apartment because I always keep my place super clean. But they are super sneaky and always show up at the worst places: esp on food, yuck! They spread disease and their nasty residue clogs up your lungs. Also, in tropical areas they are frightfully huge and they fly :o

I’ve never smelled or seen a cockroach in person. Not that I have any desire to.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/27/20 at 6:54 pm

I’ve never smelled or seen a cockroach in person. Not that I have any desire to.

I read it once online. That's how I know about them, doing my research. I'm just thankful I have never seen one in my apartment!

Written By: Howard on 05/28/20 at 8:05 am

I read it once online. That's how I know about them, doing my research. I'm just thankful I have never seen one in my apartment!

I've had ants crawling in our kitchen and this one mouse that was in our kitchen last year but once we bought a sticky tape it died.

Written By: Wink-182 on 05/28/20 at 12:50 pm

You mean the air brake? Many fears have no reason but that’s a parking brake for safety.

It's just the noise that spooks me  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/28/20 at 12:51 pm

Cockroaches

Luckily none here, but plenty when I was in the Philippines. I could not kill them, just gently persuade them to leave, on a sheet of paper over the wall towards the neighbours house.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/28/20 at 5:57 pm

Luckily none here, but plenty when I was in the Philippines. I could not kill them, just gently persuade them to leave, on a sheet of paper over the wall towards the neighbours house.

I think the Philippines is a tropical place...were the cockroaches really big? I know that in Puerto Rico they can grow up to 4 or 5 inches.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/28/20 at 9:30 pm

I think the Philippines is a tropical place...were the cockroaches really big? I know that in Puerto Rico they can grow up to 4 or 5 inches.

4 or 5 inches is how big some of the wood spiders here get. Those scared me to no end when I was a kid. And still would if I had them in my house. They don’t spin webs, they’re a predator. They run and jump and their nails click as they run across the floor. At my dads house I’ve seen them jump out from behind the toilet at night, from under the fridge, and one time from a pile of laundry while chomping on a fly. Because he burns wood and brings it in the house. I have them all over in my yard here so I spray the house with poison several times a year, lay down poison granules to keep them out of the garage, and don’t leave my door open. I’ve seen them hanging around outside my basement windows when I’m down there and even though they’re outside it creeps me out.

Written By: annimal on 05/28/20 at 9:36 pm

sounds cool to me.  Can you send me any?

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/28/20 at 9:53 pm

You can have all you want. Proper name is a huntsman spider.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/28/20 at 10:59 pm

4 or 5 inches is how big some of the wood spiders here get. Those scared me to no end when I was a kid. And still would if I had them in my house. They don’t spin webs, they’re a predator. They run and jump and their nails click as they run across the floor. At my dads house I’ve seen them jump out from behind the toilet at night, from under the fridge, and one time from a pile of laundry while chomping on a fly. Because he burns wood and brings it in the house. I have them all over in my yard here so I spray the house with poison several times a year, lay down poison granules to keep them out of the garage, and don’t leave my door open. I’ve seen them hanging around outside my basement windows when I’m down there and even though they’re outside it creeps me out.

I've never seen those. I might have to look them up.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/20 at 6:31 am

The simple answer is yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/20 at 6:57 am

Can you collect some when you take a walk in woods?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/21 at 7:01 pm

Marine Iguanas.

The way they look and swim....scary.

Written By: karen on 02/16/21 at 3:57 am

Marine Iguanas.

Where did you see one of them?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/21 at 4:21 am

Marine Iguanas.

How about land lizards? 🦎

Written By: violet_shy on 02/16/21 at 8:17 am

Where did you see one of them?

I've only seen them on YouTube and Instagram. Can't imagine ever seeing one up close! Lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/21 at 1:12 pm

I've only seen them on YouTube and Instagram. Can't imagine ever seeing one up close! Lol.
I take it that you have never been to Seaworld?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/16/21 at 1:24 pm

Marine Iguanas.

Your musical bio states you are a cryptozoologist. Surely in that field you have seen, or are in search of, creatures more bizarre than a harmless marine iguana.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/21 at 1:27 pm

How about land lizards? 🦎

Actually, it is the lounge lizards that scare me.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/16/21 at 1:29 pm

Cat
Beach lizards too?

Written By: violet_shy on 02/16/21 at 1:40 pm

Your musical bio states you are a cryptozoologist. Surely in that field you have seen, or are in search of, creatures more bizarre than a harmless marine iguana.

It doesn't mean they don't scare me! Lol. I enjoy studying them though.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/16/21 at 1:40 pm

Cat

I saw plenty of those in the disco era that is strangely revered by some people around here that didn't have to live through it.

Written By: karen on 02/16/21 at 2:05 pm

Cat

In my first job I was warned about one of the men in the department as he was a lounge lizard!

Written By: violet_shy on 03/17/21 at 5:17 pm

When I was little, I use to be scared of really large kites. My brother use to have a bat kite that was completely black and really big....it would scare me so much! I hated it. ::)

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/17/21 at 5:58 pm

When I was little, I use to be scared of really large kites. My brother use to have a bat kite that was completely black and really big....it would scare me so much! I hated it. ::)

That could be scary. When I was little, we had a bat in the camper. Being that small, the thing looked more like a crow or raven. We all freaked and a guy from another campsite got the bat out.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/17/21 at 6:08 pm

That could be scary. When I was little, we had a bat in the camper. Being that small, the thing looked more like a crow or raven. We all freaked and a guy from another campsite got the bat out.

I found it! It was exactly this one that scared me when I was a kid...lol.

https://i.ibb.co/QmqYyct/611r-XKr-E0q-L-AC-SL1500.jpg

Written By: nally on 09/04/21 at 8:32 pm

Looks like the mice we had in our house back in the mid-1990's.

Mice have scared me too, particularly when they abruptly appear. We had such an incident once in our previous home. And it woke me up in the middle of the night. :o

Written By: violet_shy on 09/04/21 at 8:35 pm

Mice have scared me too, particularly when they abruptly appear. We had such an incident once in our previous home. And it woke me up in the middle of the night. :o

Mice and rats don't scare me. I just find them disgusting. I hate it when I'm walking and I see a dead one on the road....I hate it!

Written By: nally on 09/04/21 at 8:37 pm

Mice and rats don't scare me. I just find them disgusting. I hate it when I'm walking and I see a dead one on the road....I hate it!

I find them disgusting too, but when one wakes me up in the middle of the night, it does sorta scare me. (Thankfully it hasn't happened at all in the past 20+ years.)

Written By: Howard on 09/05/21 at 7:01 am

Our Family had this mouse in our kitchen a few years ago when I turned on the light during the morning before breakfast, it suffered rigor mortis(stiffness)while it got stuck to the sticky tape and unfortunately the little critter died and we had no choice but to dump into the garbage outside our house.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/21 at 7:02 am

Sometimes I see dead squirrels and opossums. :P

Written By: violet_shy on 09/05/21 at 9:05 am

The dead squirrels and possums don't bother me as much as dead mice and rats. I don't know. I feel like the rats suffered more....lol.

Written By: nally on 09/05/21 at 9:29 am

Our Family had this mouse in our kitchen a few years ago when I turned on the light during the morning before breakfast, it suffered rigor mortis(stiffness)while it got stuck to the sticky tape and unfortunately the little critter died and we had no choice but to dump into the garbage outside our house.

that's kinda sad 8-P :(

I've heard about new kinds of mousetraps that will trap a critter without killing it, then it can be released back into the open area.

"Humane"

Written By: karen on 09/05/21 at 11:53 am

Sticky traps are the worst. It doesn’t kill the mouse straight away. Either use one of the humane traps nally mentioned or a sprung loaded one that breaks the neck instantly.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/21 at 1:43 pm

that's kinda sad 8-P :(

I've heard about new kinds of mousetraps that will trap a critter without killing it, then it can be released back into the open area.

"Humane"

The mouse must've tried to flee itself from the sticky tape that when I turned on the light in the morning it must've suffered stiffness and I had to try to discard it in the garbage and stuff it down the garbage bag so that the Sanitation doesn't get revolted when the truck comes by.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/21 at 12:29 pm

This sounds like a tagline for a film?  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 09/13/21 at 9:18 pm

Large, dark hairpieces. I like wigs, but some are too big or they have too much synthetic hair. It's mainly the dark hair ones that I find creepy. I remember when I went to Jcpenney for a photo session two years ago, I wore a long black hairpiece....it was making me crazy! Awful. But it looked nice in the photo.The blondes and red hair aren't so bad. I find this strange since my natural hair color is dark brown almost black. But my hair doesn't give me the creeps...its the hairpieces they look so un-natural and fake lol. They load them with synthetic hair lol!

Written By: violet_shy on 09/14/21 at 3:27 pm

I think I'm Melanophobic. :o

Written By: violet_shy on 11/15/21 at 11:12 pm

I don't know why people in other places of the world hang their Christmas trees on the ceiling upside down....what is that and who's idea was it!? It makes me feel uneasy, and it just doesn't look right! I'm Melanophobic...so if it's a black christmas tree(and there are black Christmas trees online), I wouldn't like it hanging above my head. That's creepy as heck!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/21 at 11:15 pm

I don't know why people in other places of the world hang their Christmas trees on the ceiling upside down....what is that and who's idea was it!? It makes me feel uneasy, and it just doesn't look right! I'm Melanophobic...so if it's a black christmas tree(and there are black Christmas trees online), I wouldn't like it hanging above my head. That's creepy as heck!
Traditional

Hanging fir trees upside-down in the home harkens back to the Middle Ages when Europeans employed the act in order to represent the Holy Trinity. The first to do this, according to many sources, was Saint Boniface, a Benedictine monk, who used the inverted trees as a theological teaching tool for pagan Germans.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/15/21 at 11:25 pm

Traditional

Hanging fir trees upside-down in the home harkens back to the Middle Ages when Europeans employed the act in order to represent the Holy Trinity. The first to do this, according to many sources, was Saint Boniface, a Benedictine monk, who used the inverted trees as a theological teaching tool for pagan Germans.

Well it's a nice tradition but I still find it creepy lol. Maybe I'm just not use to it. We always keep our Christmas trees at corner somewhere in the house. Never on the ceiling.

Written By: nally on 11/15/21 at 11:26 pm

^ I'm not accustomed to that sorta thing either. I've just never seen it around, that's all. But if I ever do, then I will know the story behind it.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/16/21 at 8:13 pm

Saw this while I was searching for something else. My heart sank. It better be a hoax! I don't like it at all. What the heck is it?

https://i.ibb.co/j3kFvTd/20211116-210117.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...