inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ben Franklin Crafts

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/24/07 at 7:21 pm

Okay, it appears a lot are still around - but, at least the few that were around in my area have all shut down. It dismayed me a bit, but I have found a few others that seem to feel the void. Do any of you have one near you or any that have shut down in recent years? I think ours shut down sometime before 2000.

Subject: Re: Ben Franklin Crafts

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/24/07 at 7:52 pm

Wow...I haven't seen a Ben Franklin store in ages! I remember their logo was a little key, right? 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/26/07 at 4:48 pm

Wow...I haven't seen a Ben Franklin store in ages! I remember their logo was a little key, right? 

Yes, I believe that's right. It's been so long since I've been in one that I barely remembered that little detail.  ;D

Written By: nally on 09/26/07 at 5:34 pm

There used to be a Ben Franklin Crafts store near my home...but they went out of business about 5 1/2 years ago. :-\\ I forget what's in its place now. I know there's a Fry's Electronics nearby.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 09/26/07 at 5:35 pm

We have one here in Honolulu that I'm aware of, but I hardly ever go into that store...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/26/07 at 6:36 pm

I can look out my window and see one (well the parking lot anyway). Only about a block (if that much-more like across the street) from us. Carlos was just there today. Ours have crafts but it also has a bunch of general merchandise. Great little store. We go there frequently. (That's where I usually buy our cats' toys. lol).

Cat

Written By: NbC on 09/26/07 at 6:43 pm

We have one here that I just visited recently for the first time.  I am not into crafts (not patient enough) but I went in looking for some beads and wires to make chokers for my daughter. 

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/03/08 at 9:12 pm

We used to have tons of them here in the milwaukee area, but the only one left that i know of is about 25 miles west of milwaukee. It's a trek but I will still go out there occasionally.

Check for new replies or respond here...