inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: UFO Hunters

Written By: KKay on 01/28/08 at 9:27 pm

I just saw the commercial for the new tv show, "UFO Hunters".

1.  Now i'm not going to fall asleep; i'm home alone tonight and just the commercial gets me thinking about the topic and now i know i won't sleep.
2.  I really really wanna watch it.  I love that stuff.
3.  someone should watch it with me so I don't get scared.

Do you watch the UFO programs?  I always watch the Area-51 shows, all the documentaries on research, etc.

The new show:    http://www.history.com/minisites/ufo

Subject: Re: UFO Hunters

Written By: Dagwood on 01/28/08 at 11:39 pm

I saw those commercials, too.  The show looks interesting.  I like that kind of show.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/29/08 at 8:07 am

this kind of stuff really intrigues me!

Written By: KKay on 01/29/08 at 8:19 am

I"m looking forward to it.
I like the combination of the investigation and the myth.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/31/08 at 2:54 am

Google "Dreamland Resort".  There's a website run by a group of aircraft spotters who spend a lot of time climbing the various mountains in the areas north of Vegas. 

There are very few places in post-9/11 America that embody the coolness that was pre-9/11 America.  The border of Area 51 is one such place.  Only in America could the borderline between public land and one of our highest-security military bases be a fracking tourist attraction.  At least once in your life, make the trek.  So long as you don't cross the line, you can walk the last few feet to the border and smile and wave at the guards, and you can do so safely whether you show up at high noon or in the dead of night.  Never mind being cooler than the former USSR -- that's cooler than most airports these days.

Alien spacecraft have not visited Earth.  But don't despair -- the truth is cooler than that.  All those weird things (no, not the ones that can be easily explained as weather balloons, I mean the weird sightings!) that a few lucky people get to see?  We built them.  Not aliens.  Us.  Frackin' humans.  Hairless fracking apes like you and me. 

If you make the trip to the border and are lucky enough to see The Bus, be polite enough to cover your lens and point your camera away from The Bus.  Then smile and give a wave of thanks and thumbs-up to your fellow hairless apes who've made such coolness possible.

Security:  I'm sorry, Citizen, that tube of toothpaste is 125mL, not 100mL.  If you have any questions, your sphincter is free file any complaints (against the TSA goon's latex-gloved fist) through the appropriate channels.  In the airport, we are a nation of men, not laws.

Liberty:  Being able to drive to the border of Area 51, hearing a motor running, and waving at the guards.  Inside the border, your ass is toast (as it should be), but outside of the border, they're not authorized to hassle you.  Where it still matters, we remain a nation of laws, not men.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/03/08 at 9:17 am

I saw this show last night. I usually watch any show that has to deal with UFOs, not because I believe
but because I like hear what ridiculous things people believe in. I have noticed one thing though, when
you mention UFO, the first thing that comes to peoples minds is an alien spacecraft. Well, if it is an alien
spacecraft then you've just identified it thereby making it an IFO not a UFO.

I am not arrogant nor naive enough to believe we are the only planet in the solar system that sustains life
but I do not believe those other life forms are visiting us. Why travel billions of miles and millions of years
and not make contact? All UFOs have logical, scientific or militaristic explanations, the latter just doesn't
want you to know what they are.

Written By: KKay on 02/04/08 at 8:45 am

Tell us how you liked the show...

Check for new replies or respond here...