inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Randall Park Mall.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/17/08 at 1:26 pm

In 1976, Cleveland opened-up Randall Park Mall in a town called North Randall. Originally, there was supposed to be a mall in Garfield Heights, but it later became a shopping center. For 10 years, it became a prosperous mall, but simce urban gangs would be in the mall and there was a lacking Security System, the mall got hit by blight and other malls too made Randall Park become abandoned.

32 years later, it closed and now is bought by someone who's going to make it into a multi-zone area.

Subject: Re: Randall Park Mall.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 5:25 pm

In 1976, Cleveland opened-up Randall Park Mall in a town called North Randall. Originally, there was supposed to be a mall in Garfield Heights, but it later became a shopping center. For 10 years, it became a prosperous mall, but simce urban gangs would be in the mall and there was a lacking Security System, the mall got hit by blight and other malls too made Randall Park become abandoned.

32 years later, it closed and now is bought by someone who's going to make it into a multi-zone area.

so sad, huh? Do you have any old pics of this mall that you could share?

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/17/08 at 10:47 pm

so sad, huh? Do you have any old pics of this mall that you could share?

I don't, but I'm pretty sure Deadmalls does.  There's also an infrequently-updated side blog called Sickmalls.  Prompted by an author who visited the Deadmalls site, The Economist hosts a very good article about the decay of the mall as a focal point for urban development.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:47 pm

I don't, but I'm pretty sure Deadmalls does.  There's also an infrequently-updated side blog called Sickmalls.  Prompted by an author who visited the Deadmalls site, The Economist hosts a very good article about the decay of the mall as a focal point for urban development.

oh, Deadmalls is a good site. I get sad when I look at all of the places that no longer exist. :-\\

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/17/08 at 11:14 pm

I like to visit the Deadmalls website, too. The stories of those malls are both sad and fascinating.

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/18/08 at 12:43 pm

My favorite is the Dixie Square Mall...that's where they filmed "The Blues Brothers".

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/18/08 at 7:45 pm

My favorite is the Dixie Square Mall...that's where they filmed "The Blues Brothers".

The pictures of Dixie Square Mall now is so sad....abandoned and deteriorating.  :(

Written By: midnite on 06/20/08 at 12:20 am

I always wondered what Mall was in the movie Back To The Future.  The scenes where the terrorists come to get the Plutonium. Anyone know?

Check for new replies or respond here...