inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unreal!!

Written By: Dude111 on 10/21/08 at 6:00 pm

This is an older story,but its still bizarre!!

Trespasser who fell through roof wins payout of £567,000,but max compensation to relatives of murder victims is only £11,000!!

http://web.archive.org/web/20070208063158/http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article427214.ece

“After all I’ve been through, I feel I really deserve this money,”

This is the most stupidist thing i have ever read!!

If he hadnt been BREAKING THE LAW,this wouldnt have happend!!

Subject: Re: Unreal!!

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/08 at 7:27 pm

There needs to be a "if you're breaking the law and get hurt, you don't get squat" law on the books everywhere.

If a roofer had fallen through this roof, then perhaps he would be entitled to a settlement. Then again, a roof would have to be in very bad shape to not support a 9 year old boy's weight.

"...repaired security fencing": how about repairing that decrepit roof?

Gravity is a mofo.

Ant

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/22/08 at 9:40 am

No, I think he needs to pay for damages and quite whining about his unfortunate accident whist breaking a law.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/01/08 at 4:41 am

Devils Advocate on this one.  The kid was nine years old and nine year olds do stupid things.  Business' are, or should be required to reasonably secure their establishments and too many are prone to getting the most they can out of a place then leaving a structure that is not only an eyesore and a blot on the community, but a dangerous one at that.  I agree that he should not pocket any of the money, it should only go to needed treatment and/or services.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/02/08 at 10:22 pm

If a roofer had fallen through this roof, then perhaps he would be entitled to a settlement.

Yes i reckon he would,but then again he isnt breaking the law is he?

Check for new replies or respond here...