inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anything Vampires

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/08 at 4:32 pm

are any of you as obsessed with vampires as I am? I have always had an attraction and fascination with vampires.  What are your favorite vampire movies? Any good vampire stories? What are some of your favorite books that deal with vampires?  I am currently reading, Twilight. I haven't seen the movie yet, I heard that the movie wasn't as good as the books...but I will have to be the judge of that sometime. :D

Subject: Re: Anything Vampires

Written By: Tam on 12/01/08 at 4:53 pm

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in love with the Twilight Saga!
I am re-vamping it right now for the 6th time!
Obsessed much? LOL
The movie was/is amazing! Of course, it can't compare to everything that is in the book, but as long as you know the premise, you will love the movie!!!

I also love any and all things written by Anne Rice. Managed to pick up a copy of Interview with a Vampire for $2 brand new!

Written By: wildcard on 12/01/08 at 9:41 pm

I don't read these books, but I'm sitting here in red and black.  Of all the monsters and stuff I love vampires.  It fasinates me that It all stared from a fiction book making fun of a prince.  Now there are people that drink blood.  I have at least three vampire parodies somewhere. I'm much closer to a black swan then a white one.  I could be latent 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/01/08 at 11:33 pm

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in love with the Twilight Saga!
I am re-vamping it right now for the 6th time!
Obsessed much? LOL
The movie was/is amazing! Of course, it can't compare to everything that is in the book, but as long as you know the premise, you will love the movie!!!

I also love any and all things written by Anne Rice. Managed to pick up a copy of Interview with a Vampire for $2 brand new!

OMG girl, it is amazing so far! I am almost finished with Twilight...and am ready to get the next book in the series. I MUST go see the movie now! I LOVE it!

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/02/08 at 1:15 am

are any of you as obsessed with vampires as I am? I have always had an attraction and fascination with vampires. 

???    ???    ::)        8)

Next time I'm in the USA .... DO remind me to look you up !  :)

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8210/vampire3kb8.jpg

Ready to drink YOUR blood ................. ANYTIME !    :-*    :-*

:o

:D

Written By: NbC on 12/02/08 at 9:36 am

The movie Let The Right One In is a must see.  It is a Swedish movie so you do have to endure subtitles.  Like Twilight it is about a (child) vampire and (child) human relationship but without the sparkles.  If you can not find the DVD, it is available on Megavideo.

My daughter bugged me to buy the Twilight Saga for her (it is very popular at her school) and because it was there I decided to read them myself. 

Written By: Tam on 12/02/08 at 9:59 am

The movie Let The Right One In is a must see.  It is a Swedish movie so you do have to endure subtitles.  Like Twilight it is about a (child) vampire and (child) human relationship but without the sparkles.   If you can not find the DVD, it is available on Megavideo.

My daughter bugged me to buy the Twilight Saga for her (it is very popular at her school) and because it was there I decided to read them myself. 

It was my son who wanted me to read the books - but I was turned off until I saw the final movie trailer! Now I can't seem to get enough! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/02/08 at 12:38 pm

8 words.....

BIGGEST

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE LAYER SLAYER FAN....

EVER!!!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/02/08 at 11:26 pm

???    ???    ::)        8)

Next time I'm in the USA .... DO remind me to look you up !  :)

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/8210/vampire3kb8.jpg

Ready to drink YOUR blood ................. ANYTIME !    :-*    :-*

:o

:D

OMG!!!! ahahahahaahah!! ;D ;D ;D  Oh wow..my hair actually used to be THAT long at one point!! :o :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 12/03/08 at 12:49 am

OMG!!!! ahahahahaahah!! ;D ;D ;D  Oh wow..my hair actually used to be THAT long at one point!! :o :D

http://www.orbison.de/bilder/roy30.jpg
'In dreams, I walk, with you, ... in dreams I dine on you'.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/03/08 at 7:22 pm

The movie Dracula with Bela Lugosi is one of my favorites.  I also like Dark Shadows.

Written By: Tam on 12/03/08 at 10:01 pm

Only here briefly - heading over to the sofa to read more of New Moon.... for the 6th time! ;D

I need a life - I know this! 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/04/08 at 11:32 am

I loved the Twilight books too, but I haven't seen the movie yet.  I can't wait though!

Written By: Tam on 12/04/08 at 11:54 am

I loved the Twilight books too, but I haven't seen the movie yet.  I can't wait though!

I completely enjoyed the movie Girl! But don't go in thinking it is the exact same as the book. You will be disappointed. You have to tell me when you see it! I think The Son and I are going to go see it again on the 12th! lol

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/08 at 8:34 pm

i wish we all lived closer...we could go see it together!!!

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 8:36 pm

that would be fun

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/08 at 8:38 pm

that would be fun

Totally! Darn all of those miles! LOL! :D

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 8:39 pm

Totally! Darn all of those miles! LOL! :D

It's 2008 and I want my personal teleportation device damnit!

;D

Written By: Tam on 12/04/08 at 8:58 pm

Tell me about it!!!
Perhaps it will be on dvd in the spring? ;) lol

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 8:59 pm

Tell me about it!!!
Perhaps it will be on dvd in the spring? ;) lol

we could all set a screening time, rent it and then settle down to watch at approx. the same time?

Written By: Tam on 12/04/08 at 9:01 pm

we could all set a screening time, rent it and then settle down to watch at approx. the same time?

That would work. ;)

I am still holding out that The Son and I are gonna go see it on the 12th.
It will only be our second time - so it isn't like I am pulling a Titanic! (Saw it 12 times in the theater) :o ;D

Written By: snozberries on 12/04/08 at 9:13 pm

That would work. ;)

It will only be our second time - so it isn't like I am pulling a Titanic! (Saw it 12 times in the theater) :o ;D

I've done that with friends and my mother. We'll call each other and watch together... usually idol tho. That way we can crack on the "singers"

Written By: Haman on 12/05/08 at 11:26 am

are any of you as obsessed with vampires as I am? I have always had an attraction and fascination with vampires.  What are your favorite vampire movies? Any good vampire stories? What are some of your favorite books that deal with vampires?  I am currently reading, Twilight. I haven't seen the movie yet, I heard that the movie wasn't as good as the books...but I will have to be the judge of that sometime. :D

I do like fictional vampires very much.

I love watching vampire movies, mostly.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/05/08 at 3:19 pm

I completely enjoyed the movie Girl! But don't go in thinking it is the exact same as the book. You will be disappointed. You have to tell me when you see it! I think The Son and I are going to go see it again on the 12th! lol

I promised to go see it with my sisters and a couple of friends, but trying to coordinate our schedules has been impossible.  I've been tempted to sneak out and just see it by myself! 

Wouldn't that be fun?!?  I wish!

That's a great idea!

That would work. ;)

12 times!?!  Holy crap.  I thought I was bad for seeing Mamma Mia 4 times in the theatre!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/08 at 7:39 pm

So I FINALLY saw Twilight, and I loved it!  I had heard some bad things - people said that it skimmed over the book and didn't go very deep into the characters.  I guess I can see where people were coming from.  If I hadn't read the book, I probably would have been confused.  But all in all, I really loved the movie, and especially loved the casting of Robert Pattison as Edward.  He was an absolute dream.

Written By: Tam on 12/22/08 at 7:41 pm

So I FINALLY saw Twilight, and I loved it!  I had heard some bad things - people said that it skimmed over the book and didn't go very deep into the characters.  I guess I can see where people were coming from.  If I hadn't read the book, I probably would have been confused.  But all in all, I really loved the movie, and especially loved the casting of Robert Pattison as Edward.  He was an absolute dream.

Excellent Ash! Now promise me you will NOT go see it again!
The Son and I went for a second time and we were so disappointed with it. We critiqued it so bad. Really upset that we went again. Although hubby went with us - and we laughed more at him falling asleep and somewhat snoring than anything else! ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/08 at 7:44 pm

Excellent Ash! Now promise me you will NOT go see it again!
The Son and I went for a second time and we were so disappointed with it. We critiqued it so bad. Really upset that we went again. Although hubby went with us - and we laughed more at him falling asleep and somewhat snoring than anything else! ;D

Really?  I don't understand!  It wasn't as good the second time?  I was totally planning on seeing it again with my sister.  That, and to stare at Edward some more...

Written By: Tam on 12/22/08 at 7:47 pm

Really?  I don't understand!  It wasn't as good the second time?  I was totally planning on seeing it again with my sister.  That, and to stare at Edward some more...

You can do it if you wish! I completely enjoyed staring at Robert and Jackson and Kellen.....

But Kristen Stewart's acting sucked! (IMHO) ;)
I didn't pay much attention to it the first time... but the second time I did... 8-P

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/22/08 at 7:52 pm

In have to admit that i do love the book...not as much as some....not as much as most really but it is a fantastic book.
First time through the movie was great but it was only great because i wanted to see it so bad.

Second time you pay more attention to a few thing like how SOME People can't act as well as others...!Cough! Kristen Stewart !Cough!
It definately left much to be desired the second time around.

Written By: Tam on 12/22/08 at 7:56 pm

And Ash, it didn't totally suck - just us being critical.
Personally, we should have never gone again.
That's not to say that it truly sucked, because it has made over $210,318,408 (as of yesterday) so there is something to say about the books' following. And I am still just as much in love with the books as ever, but seeing the movie again for me made me kind of get over it. :-\\

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/22/08 at 7:58 pm

That's not to say that it truly sucked, because it has made over $210,318,408 (as of yesterday) so there is something to say about the books' following. And I am still just as much in love with the books as ever, but seeing the movie again for me made me kind of get over it. :-\\

::) Doesn't change the fact you read the book 6 times! lol

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/08 at 7:59 pm

You can do it if you wish! I completely enjoyed staring at Robert and Jackson and Kellen.....

But Kristen Stewart's acting sucked! (IMHO) ;)
I didn't pay much attention to it the first time... but the second time I did... 8-P

Now there is one point where you and I differ - I did NOT like Jackson as Jasper.  I imagined him so differently.  Kellen was fine, but not Jackson.  Nuh uh.  

In have to admit that i do love the book...not as much as some....not as much as most really but it is a fantastic book.
First time through the movie was great but it was only great because i wanted to see it so bad.

Second time you pay more attention to a few thing like how SOME People can't act as well as others...!Cough! Kristen Stewart !Cough!
It definately left much to be desired the second time around.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with Kristen when I first started watching the movie.  Like, I had only seen pictures of her and I wasn't very happy when I saw that they picked her for Bella.  But once I started watching the movie, I liked her and I think she's really beautiful.  But I totally agree that she messed up more than a few lines.    And sometimes her voice was just so flat.  Am I making sense?  She isn't going to win any Oscars...that's for sure!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/08 at 8:00 pm

Books are so different.  I have read Harry Potter, I don't know how many times, but the movies, I can take or leave.  These are the same way.  The books will ALWAYS be better!

See above.  ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/22/08 at 8:02 pm

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with Kristen when I first started watching the movie.  Like, I had only seen pictures of her and I wasn't very happy when I saw that they picked her for Bella.  But once I started watching the movie, I liked her and I think she's really beautiful.  But I totally agree that she messed up more than a few lines.    And sometimes her voice was just so flat.  Am I making sense?  She isn't going to win any Oscars...that's for sure!

yes you are making lots of sense. She is an ok looking girl but she just didnt really show any emotion in the movie. One thing that tam and I really dont like is her stuttering...I thinks its really annoying and in the Book bella has no trouble getting her words out when she is hurt by something edward says... Only when he intoxicates her with is breath. :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/08 at 8:04 pm

yes you are making lots of sense. She is an ok looking girl but she just didnt really show any emotion in the movie. One thing that tam and I really dont like is her stuttering...I thinks its really annoying and in the Book bella has no trouble getting her words out when she is hurt by something edward says... Only when he intoxicates her with is breath. :D

LOL!

But yeah...the "real" Bella never had a problem getting her point across.  It's one of the things that makes her so cool.

Written By: Tam on 12/22/08 at 8:05 pm

Now there is one point where you and I differ - I did NOT like Jackson as Jasper.  I imagined him so differently.  Kellen was fine, but not Jackson.  Nuh uh.  

I pictured Jasper being WAY BIGGER! And for some reason I gave him longer hair too.
His acting though - it was the directors fault.
Just like the biology scene - Robert over-acted it a lot, because of how CH told him to do it.

Kristen - fits Bella to a T - in the looks department.
But she didn't portray that she was absolutely and irrevocably in love. She looked more bored than anything. ???

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/22/08 at 8:06 pm

LOL!

But yeah...the "real" Bella never had a problem getting her point across.  It's one of the things that makes her so cool.

exactly

Written By: Tam on 12/22/08 at 8:08 pm

Six schmix!

I can't help that I crave unattainable love! 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/08 at 8:09 pm

I pictured Jasper being WAY BIGGER! And for some reason I gave him longer hair too.
His acting though - it was the directors fault.
Just like the biology scene - Robert over-acted it a lot, because of how CH told him to do it.

Kristen - fits Bella to a T - in the looks department.
But she didn't portray that she was absolutely and irrevocably in love. She looked more bored than anything. ???

I just imagined Jasper's look to be so different.  I can't even describe how...it just wasn't what they picked.  I thought Alice was perfect though.

What did you guys think of Rosalie?  I wasn't thrilled with her either.  Oh, and Jacob!  I pictured Jacob a lot bigger.  And more manly.

I liked Carlisle and Esme though.  And I liked the guy that played Charlie too.  

Written By: Tam on 12/22/08 at 8:12 pm

I just imagined Jasper's look to be so different.  I can't even describe how...it just wasn't what they picked.  I thought Alice was perfect though.

What did you guys think of Rosalie?  I wasn't thrilled with her either.  Oh, and Jacob!  I pictured Jacob a lot bigger.  And more manly.

Alice was perfect!!!!
Didn't like Rosalie - not the actor, but the way the screenplay changed her. (She isn't one of my favorites in the books either) ;)
Jacob and Sam Uley - neither fit who I thought they were. Sam was supposed to be HUGE!
Loved Carlisle and Esme! Completely! And Billy Burke was awesome as Charlie - although I pictured him to be a bit older....

Mike Newton annoyed me.
So did Jessica
Loved Angela though...

See, I over-analyzed it! ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/22/08 at 8:14 pm

Six schmix!

I can't help that I crave unattainable love! 8)

which is also why you have watched A Walk To Remeber 20 bazillion times in the past few weeks.

Alice is muh girlfriend ;) ;).

I think they definately could have picked someone better looking  for Rosalie and i think Carlisle and Esme were perfect as well.

Jacob.... for some reason when i read the books i pictured him white even though it was stated numerous times that he had russet skin. I did picture him taller with a bit more muscle.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/22/08 at 8:24 pm

Alice is muh girlfriend ;) ;).

Awww.  She is quite striking!

Jacob.... for some reason when i read the books i pictured him white even though it was stated numerous times that he had russet skin. I did picture him taller with a bit more muscle.

I also pictured him taller and with more muscle.  Though in all fairness, he is a lot younger than Bella in the first book.  But I don't know, I just thought the actor was almost pretty.  And I never pictured Jacob to be pretty.

Sam was supposed to be HUGE!

I always pictured Will Sampson as Sam.  And in real life, he was 6'7.  Sadly, he passed away in 1987.   :\'(

http://i43.tinypic.com/k5clz.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/22/08 at 10:36 pm

wow...I really need to go see this!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 12/23/08 at 1:53 am

yeah but now I'm gonna be focusing on how bad Kristen Stewart's 'acting' is  ;D

Written By: haleym8826 on 12/23/08 at 11:30 am

;D ;D

really if you take away her acting skills, or lack of, and the horrible directing then it is a decent movie... especially the beseball scene.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/28/08 at 4:05 pm

I went and saw it with my sister for the second time last night, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  I don't know if I was just expecting it to be awful, or what, but it was great.  Even Kristin.  I'm sorry guys, but I still love it!  ;D

I will say this though, whenever Edward would run super fast, or jump or whatever, it looked ridiculous.  Just silly.  My sister and I did laugh at that.

Written By: Tam on 12/28/08 at 7:10 pm

It's all good Girl. 8)
To each their own.

Like I said, I think I personally was over-critical of it because I had read the dang story 6 times, and the hype the first weekend... well, I can't say I remembered everything about the movie, so the second time I caught a lot more.

I'm glad you liked it! Makes me feel good for not having ruined for you. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/08 at 10:12 pm

Oh man..I saw Twilight today...and I have to say that I think I held my breath during the entire movie. It was the most erotic and sexual tension filled movie...without any drop of sex....seriously...I felt like melting. Edward was so breathtaking. :-*

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/28/08 at 10:35 pm

Oh man..I saw Twilight today...and I have to say that I think I held my breath during the entire movie. It was the most erotic and sexual tension filled movie...without any drop of sex....seriously...I felt like melting. Edward was so breathtaking. :-*

I know, huh!  Oh my gosh, every time he smiled it just took my breath away.  The way his eyes would crinkle.  WOO!

I'm so glad you liked it!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/08 at 10:37 pm

I know, huh!  Oh my gosh, every time he smiled it just took my breath away.  The way his eyes would crinkle.  WOO!

I'm so glad you liked it!

I just cannot quit thinking about it. Is it possible to be obsessed and in love with a fictional character?! ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/28/08 at 10:42 pm

I just cannot quit thinking about it. Is it possible to be obsessed and in love with a fictional character?! ;D

If he's Edward Cullen it is!  Have you read the books?  Cause if you fell in love with him in the movie...you would REALLY REALLY REALLY fall in love with him in the books.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1luvu.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/08 at 10:45 pm

If he's Edward Cullen it is!  Have you read the books?  Cause if you fell in love with him in the movie...you would REALLY REALLY REALLY fall in love with him in the books.   http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/1luvu.gif

OMG..I am currently reading the second book...and I cannot put it down! He is so damn perfect. Gosh..no man has a chance when women of all ages are comparing them to him! LOL!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/28/08 at 10:56 pm

OMG..I am currently reading the second book...and I cannot put it down! He is so damn perfect. Gosh..no man has a chance when women of all ages are comparing them to him! LOL!  ;D

;D

Ugh...I hated book 2.  HATED it.  Things will get better though.  That's all I can say.

I love your new avatar!  Especially the "bite me hard" part. 

I am going to send you something on Facebook...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/28/08 at 11:06 pm

;D

Ugh...I hated book 2.  HATED it.  Things will get better though.  That's all I can say.

It's like..I never want them to end...I want there to be a neverending series of books about Edward! ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/28/08 at 11:47 pm

It's like..I never want them to end...I want there to be a neverending series of books about Edward! ;D

That's almost exactly what my sister said last night.  As the movie was ending she said "no! I want it to keep going forever!"

Written By: Tam on 12/29/08 at 9:39 pm

I was the exact same way the first time I saw it.
I am trying to relish my initial viewing - keep it fresh like that!

You are not the only one so completely in love with Rob Pattinson Edward Cullen.
For a man of a mere 22 years, he makes my heart race. Poor Big Nasty had to compete for about 5 weeks with Edward - because I couldn't put the books down and re-re-re-read them!!! ;D

;D

I hated the main part of New Moon so much that my first couple of re-reads, I skipped it to get to the other part. ;)
I know I shouldn't have, but I have since read it cover to cover, and value the story line, although I still wish I could get to the end faster each time! ;)

That's almost exactly what my sister said last night.  As the movie was ending she said "no! I want it to keep going forever!"

Erin and Ash - have either of you read Midnight Sun yet?
You know - Twilight from Edward's point of view? (Actually, it is only 12 chapters, unfinished, but truly breathtaking.)
I can direct you as to where to read it if you like.... 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/29/08 at 9:43 pm

You know - Twilight from Edward's point of view? (Actually, it is only 12 chapters, unfinished, but truly breathtaking.)

I haven't, and I would love to!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/29/08 at 11:25 pm

OMG, no..I have never heard of it before!! I would LOVE to read it!

Written By: Tam on 12/30/08 at 12:01 am

I haven't, and I would love to!

OMG, no..I have never heard of it before!! I would LOVE to read it!

And so I will send you both the link in a pm. 8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/31/08 at 12:01 pm

My favorite vampire films....

1)  Fright Night

2)  From Dusk Till Dawn

3)  The Lost Boys

4)  Underworld

5)  The Hunger

6)  Near Dark

7)  Blade

8) Interview With A Vampire

9) John Caprenter's Vampires

10) Innocent Blood

The ok ones:

1) 30 Days of Night

2)  Blade II

3) Blade Trinity

4) Bram Stoker's Dracula

5) The Hunger

6) Monster Squad

7) Underworld: Evolution

The worse?

1) Queen of The Damned

2) The Lost Boys II: The Tribe

Written By: NbC on 01/01/09 at 9:20 pm

I have seen all but.....

Near Dark and Innocent Blood

My Favorite from your list would probably be From Dawn Til Dusk  (more for its humor)

Queen of the Damned was a terrible movie but I loved the soundtrack

Written By: snozberries on 01/04/09 at 5:16 pm

I don't care what you guys say....it doesn't get any better *sexier* than

Buffy the Vampire Layer Slayer

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x193/Valentina_sg1/13210__buffy_l.jpg

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/08/09 at 3:08 pm

I don't care what you guys say....it doesn't get any better *sexier* than

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x193/Valentina_sg1/13210__buffy_l.jpg

;D ;D

;D ;D

No i must disagree. Underworld is alot sexier than Buffy the Vampire Layer. ;) sounds like a porn. tsk tsk. snoz where is your mind at. ;) ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/10/09 at 10:42 am

;D ;D

;D ;D

No i must disagree. Underworld is alot sexier than Buffy the Vampire Layer. ;) sounds like a porn. tsk tsk. snoz where is your mind at. ;) ;D

have you seen the series? Buffy the Vampire Layer Slayer hooks up with Angel (a vampire) in season 2 as a direct result of sleeping with her, he turns evil... then once he's turned good again- she can never sleep with him again but it doesn't stop her from loving him.

Eventually she hooks up with Spike (another vampire in season 6) I mean... really--- I mean really did she forget her slayer mission statement? her job was to slay vampires... its like that old joke about the monk who was supposed to look over the transcriptions of the old books of the bible... he found a typo... they were supposed to celebrate...not be celebate  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...