inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: False fax allows US prison escape

Written By: Dude111 on 01/09/09 at 5:30 am

A prisoner in the US state of Kentucky was mistakenly freed after a phoney fax ordering his release was sent from a nearby grocery store.

Timothy Rouse, 19, was being held on charges of assault and robbery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/americas/6583043.stm

It was probably a friend of his who faxed the document.. (Wonder if they ever discovered who sent it)

Subject: Re: False fax allows US prison escape

Written By: danootaandme on 01/09/09 at 8:35 am

So the prison was dumb enough to release him, and he was dumb enough to stick around.  Doesn't say much for either side of this equation  ::)

Written By: Tia on 01/09/09 at 9:03 am

anybody ever see the daring prison break from "idiocracy"?

Narrator: Joe decided that in order to get out of jail, he would have to use his superior diplomacy skills.
Pvt. Joe Bowers: Hey, uh... I'm actually supposed to be getting out of jail, not going back in...
Prison Guard #2: You're supposed to be in that line, dumbass!

Prison Guard #2: Hey, guys, let this dumbass out!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/09/09 at 11:28 am

You would think that "Officials" could spot a phony document.  Of course some "Officials" have an IQ in the negative numbers.

As for the guy being caught at his Mom's house.  His Mom should have hid him better. :D

Written By: Dude111 on 01/11/09 at 8:34 am

Im surprised it took them TWO WEEKS to realise it.. (I wonder what tipped them off :D)

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/11/09 at 6:12 pm

anybody ever see the daring prison break from "idiocracy"?

I keep telling people it's a documentary that came through a Time Masheen, but nobody listens. 

(*sigh, karma, and do you realize how hard it was not to post the "Ow!  My Balls!" screencap in the thread about the guy whose wife set his wang on fire?*)

Written By: Dude111 on 06/08/22 at 1:45 am

So the prison was dumb enough to release him, and he was dumb enough to stick around.  Doesn't say much for either side of this equation  ::)

Yes I do think it was stupid of him to stick around so close....... But probably after 1 week he figured he got away with it.......

But as they say CRIMINALS ARE STUPID!!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/17/22 at 11:41 am

Was this the fax he used?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fc1.staticflickr.com%2F5%2F4079%2F4938223404_d624f71131.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

;D

Written By: Dude111 on 07/19/22 at 9:33 pm

Yes I think your right!!!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...