inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Everything Twilight

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 1:13 pm

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Twilight/rob_eyes.png

Besides myself, there are a few others here who have completely fallen in love with the Twilight Saga. We have a thread about anything vampires, however, this thread is nothing but Twilight. Anything and everything you can think of that has to do with the Twilight Saga can be posted here. Links, pics, favorite quotes from any of the books... anything. (Of course, when it comes to the writing, anything used from the books, outtakes or unfinished manuscripts are the sole property of Stephenie Meyer and therefore copyrighted.)

Subject: Re: Everything Twilight

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 2:01 pm

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Twilight/rob_eyes.png

Besides myself, there are a few others here who have completely fallen in love with the Twilight Saga. We have a thread about anything vampires, however, this thread is nothing but Twilight. Anything and everything you can think of that has to do with the Twilight Saga can be posted here. Links, pics, favorite quotes from any of the books... anything. (Of course, when it comes to the writing, anything used from the books, outtakes or unfinished manuscripts are the sole property of Stephenie Meyer and therefore copyrighted.)

I haven't gotten that far in the book yet.  Not for lack of trying - I just haven't had a lot of time to be on the computer lately.  But I can't WAIT to get to that part!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 2:02 pm

So for those who have read all the books, which was your favorite.  I don't really want to put any spoilers in here...I'm just curious.

I think I liked book 4 the best.  It's close between that and the first one, but the fourth one wins out in the end.

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 2:12 pm

I haven't gotten that far in the book yet.  Not for lack of trying - I just haven't had a lot of time to be on the computer lately.  But I can't WAIT to get to that part!!

Take your time Girl. There is so much information in MS that you almost have to take it slow. I have read it twice now and I still haven't grasped everything in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have to say that the third book - Eclipse - was my absolute favorite.
Well, that and the first section of the fourth book - Breaking Dawn.

Erin - how far have you read? I ask because like Ash, I don't want to give out spoilers. ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/09/09 at 2:23 pm

Are you ready for this?
You can now pre-order your copy of Twilight on DVD at Amazon.com
Of course, there isn't a release date yet - Amazon just wants your money!

Click here to view

Written By: haleym8826 on 01/09/09 at 10:08 pm

So for those who have read all the books, which was your favorite.  I don't really want to put any spoilers in here...I'm just curious.

I think I liked book 4 the best.  It's close between that and the first one, but the fourth one wins out in the end.

I must agree, Rosalie, I was talking to Tam about it and after a moment of indecision i decided that a certain character tilted the balance from third to fourth

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/09/09 at 10:43 pm

I must agree, Rosalie, I was talking to Tam about it and after a moment of indecision i decided that a certain character tilted the balance from third to fourth

Right-o!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/09 at 12:16 am

Take your time Girl. There is so much information in MS that you almost have to take it slow. I have read it twice now and I still haven't grasped everything in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have to say that the third book - Eclipse - was my absolute favorite.
Well, that and the first section of the fourth book - Breaking Dawn.

Erin - how far have you read? I ask because like Ash, I don't want to give out spoilers. ;)

Tam...I JUST started the 3rd book--Eclipse. :)

Written By: Tam on 01/10/09 at 10:49 am

Tam...I JUST started the 3rd book--Eclipse. :)

That's great! I will make a point to say nothing until I know you are almost done. And of course I will not spoil anything for you in the process! ;)

--------------------------------------

I have made some wallpapers and found some other ones that are pretty cool. I will post either links to them or post them directly if I have the time today before I leave. And one link a;; y'all definitely need is for Stephenie Meyer's Website.

www.stepheniemeyer.com

All her updates are there - including The New Moon movie page. Of course, there isn't much there. Just a few interviews and stuff, but the message is there that Taylor Lautner will return as Jacob Black!

Written By: Tia on 01/10/09 at 11:13 am

(cooties)

Written By: Tam on 01/10/09 at 11:14 am

(cooties)

You are just jealous! :P ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/14/09 at 11:49 pm

well...time for me to get book #4. I loved Eclipse..it was awesome! Gosh..I never want this saga to end! :-\\

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 12:04 am

http://www.toward-the-goal.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/twilight.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/15/09 at 1:59 am

is this a chick thread  ::) 

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 6:18 am

is this a chick thread  ::) 
they have cooo.....

well, i guess that point's been made.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/15/09 at 10:26 am

I haven't read it, but from what I have read the premise is a rip off of Octavia Butlers Fledgling

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/09 at 10:40 am

Now, not only am I totally in love with Edward Cullen...I also absolutely adore Jacob Black!! :D ;D

Written By: Tam on 01/15/09 at 10:54 am

well...time for me to get book #4. I loved Eclipse..it was awesome! Gosh..I never want this saga to end! :-\\

Excellent Erin!!
Once you start you can't put it down right?

Eclipse is my favorite book out of all of them. ;)

Now, not only am I totally in love with Edward Cullen...I also absolutely adore Jacob Black!! :D ;D

Haha! I am definitely not a fan of Jacob - I mean, the character is awesome but I just don't feel it for him like I do for Edward. And book 4 is going to floor you!

Written By: Tam on 01/15/09 at 10:55 am

I haven't read it, but from what I have read the premise is a rip off of Octavia Butlers Fledgling

Hmmm, I haven't read that or even heard the comparison before. I might have to look into that. 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/09 at 10:56 am

Excellent Erin!!
Once you start you can't put it down right?

Eclipse is my favorite book out of all of them. ;)

Haha! I am definitely not a fan of Jacob - I mean, the character is awesome but I just don't feel it for him like I do for Edward. And book 4 is going to floor you!

OMG. MUST GET 4TH BOOK...NOW.  I dunno..there's something wild and sexy about Jacob, I wouldn't mind hooking up with him. LOL. BUT, Edward, oh Edward....he's definitely the cat's meow. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/09 at 10:56 am

I want to read the 4th book..but I don't want it to end. :(

Written By: Tam on 01/15/09 at 10:59 am

I want to read the 4th book..but I don't want it to end. :(

It doesn't have to end.
Start the series over again! ;D ;D

Sadly, I am reading it again for a 7th time. But I am going slowly, and I mean real slow. I just finished Twilight last night, and I probably won't start New Moon until tomorrow or the weekend. New Moon is the hardest one for me to read - because of the absence of some characters. ;) I manage to get through though.

Btw - there are tons of things twilight over at Cafepress.com. TONS! 8)

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/15/09 at 11:00 am

I would have chosen Werewolf - not vampire, I mean it's the best of both worlds, you get the sexiness of a really big strong man and the total devotion, loyalty and protection of an oversized dog.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/15/09 at 11:01 am

It doesn't have to end.
Start the series over again! ;D ;D

Sadly, I am reading it again for a 7th time. But I am going slowly, and I mean real slow. I just finished Twilight last night, and I probably won't start New Moon until tomorrow or the weekend. New Moon is the hardest one for me to read - because of the absence of some characters. ;) I manage to get through though.

Btw - there are tons of things twilight over at Cafepress.com. TONS! 8)

Oh...I'll have to check that out! ;)
I would have chosen Werewolf - not vampire, I mean it's the best of both worlds, you get the sexiness of a really big strong man and the total devotion, loyalty and protection of an oversized dog.

you make a good point there! ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/15/09 at 11:06 am

An awesome point for sure Robin!

But, Jacob ticked me off so many times! I still prefer Edward.

And for those that don't know - I have my Edward! Nasty's real first name is Edward. :P ;D 8)

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 11:13 am

holy carp. a thread full of turned-on women. i'm starting to change my mind about this twilight-cooties thing, i might just start buying a matinee ticket for "twilight" and hangin' around the theater all day.

how you ladies doin'? i'm an aries.

Written By: Tam on 01/15/09 at 11:23 am

holy carp. a thread full of turned-on women. i'm starting to change my mind about this twilight-cooties thing, i might just start buying a matinee ticket for "twilight" and hangin' around the theater all day.

I'm telling ya Mike - it is an amazing story!

But seriously, don't go hang out at the matinee - you'll look like an old perv. ;)

Go buy the books instead! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/15/09 at 11:51 am

Aries, no go.  Now if you had said you were a werewolf, I'd be all over that!  ;) In fact, I have fond memories of one particular Halloween spent in a tawdry night club in Medicine Hat Alberta, I was wearing a hastily thrown together "sexy cat" costume, when i happened upon a strapping young werewolf........

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 11:55 am

Aries, no go.  Now if you had said you were a werewolf, I'd be all over that!  ;) In fact, I have fond memories of one particular Halloween spent in a tawdry night club in Medicine Hat Alberta, I was wearing a hastily thrown together "sexy cat" costume, when i happened upon a strapping young werewolf........
well on my home planet i'm an aries. basically. you have to convert to a different solar system, it's sorta complicated.

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/15/09 at 12:03 pm

well on my home planet i'm an aries. basically. you have to convert to a different solar system, it's sorta complicated.

When in Rome.....

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/15/09 at 12:23 pm

But seriously - has anyone read the first chapter of the 5th book?  Heard the contraversy?

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 12:25 pm

But seriously - has anyone read the first chapter of the 5th book?  Heard the contraversy?
is someone gay? does someone die? does it renounce organized religion? i'm verklimpt!

it turns out everone has cooties!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/15/09 at 12:35 pm

Hmmm, I haven't read that or even heard the comparison before. I might have to look into that. 8)

Octavia is weirdly scary.  Not,"I'm afraid the vampire may bite me"  scary.  More "I'm afraid the vampire won't bite me" scary.

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/15/09 at 12:37 pm

is someone gay? does someone die? does it renounce organized religion? i'm verklimpt!

it turns out everone has cooties!

Oh!  That made me laugh!  Smarten Up! ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 12:42 pm

Oh!  That made me laugh!  Smarten Up! ;D
i've been meaning to ask, is that goldie hawn?

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/15/09 at 12:51 pm

i've been meaning to ask, is that goldie hawn?

Nope, sure looks like her tho - it's a model from the sixties, a sexist ad I found, the caption "the mini automatic - for simple driving"

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 12:56 pm

Nope, sure looks like her tho - it's a model from the sixties, a sexist ad I found, the caption "the mini automatic - for simple driving"
haha, that explains the befuddled look.

goldie hawn went to my high school. but once she got famous she now denies she ever heard of us.  >:(

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/15/09 at 1:10 pm

goldie hawn went to my high school. but once she got famous she now denies she ever heard of us.  >:(

Maybe you shouldn't show up at her mansion at 3 in the morning.

Written By: Tia on 01/15/09 at 1:12 pm

Maybe you shouldn't show up at her mansion at 3 in the morning.
goldie hawn SO does not deserve a mansion.  >:(

Written By: Tam on 01/16/09 at 5:58 am

Do you mean Midnight Sun?

Stephenie's website now has the entire leaked document. I have read it twice, although the first time I read it really fast because I was so hungry for it, so technically I have only really read it once. ;)

Written By: Silver Power on 01/17/09 at 9:12 am

Yeah, I know! Dumbledore being gay? Who'da thunk?

Written By: Silver Power on 01/17/09 at 9:15 am

Her wikipedia says she attended Montgomery Blair High School. Did you go there?

Written By: Tam on 01/20/09 at 2:50 pm

I have made a few desktops with the Twilight theme, perhaps I will upload them and share them here. ;)

I also have a few more quotes coming your way - probably from New Moon and Eclipse.

The movie comes out on dvd on March 21st, and imdb already has taglines up for the New Moon movie. Hopefully, they don't rush it and ruin it! 8)

Written By: Tia on 01/20/09 at 2:55 pm

Her wikipedia says she attended Montgomery Blair High School. Did you go there?
sure did.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/20/09 at 6:58 pm

The movie comes out on dvd on March 21st, and imdb already has taglines up for the New Moon movie. Hopefully, they don't rush it and ruin it! 8)

They better not!

Written By: statsqueen on 01/22/09 at 6:21 pm

I can't wait to read the books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/26/09 at 5:00 pm

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.eonline.com/80655-

Dakota Fanning to possibly play Jane?  What do you guys think?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/09 at 7:38 pm

I just read about this....I'm not quite sure what I think about this possible choice yet.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/09 at 7:39 pm

oh...I was also wondering....have any of you read Stephenie's new book, The Host?  Jesse got it for me for my birthday, but I haven't started reading it yet. It looks like it is going to be good though!

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 7:53 pm

oh...I was also wondering....have any of you read Stephenie's new book, The Host?  Jesse got it for me for my birthday, but I haven't started reading it yet. It looks like it is going to be good though!

I haven't Erin but The Son has! He thinks it is an awesome book as well. I bet once you have read it you will definitely have someone to talk to about it! He keeps trying to get me to read it but I am not into it at the moment. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/09 at 7:54 pm

I haven't Erin but The Son has! He thinks it is an awesome book as well. I bet once you have read it you will definitely have someone to talk to about it! He keeps trying to get me to read it but I am not into it at the moment. ;)

oh..that's awesome! I will start it soon, it won't take me long to read it. Once I start, I usually can't stop! ;D

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/26/09 at 8:01 pm

oh..that's awesome! I will start it soon, it won't take me long to read it. Once I start, I usually can't stop! ;D

You too?  I bought the twilight series to read on holidays - read them all before I even left and had to go out and find some other reading material. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/09 at 8:04 pm

You too?  I bought the twilight series to read on holidays - read them all before I even left and had to go out and find some other reading material. :D

I hear ya....I almost hate picking them up and reading them...because I know I will be done too fast! :D

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/26/09 at 8:17 pm

I hear ya....I almost hate picking them up and reading them...because I know I will be done too fast! :D

I've actually lent a book to a friend, wathced her read it while on the beach and felt jealousy that I wasn't still reading it.  How lame am I? ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/09 at 8:23 pm

I've actually lent a book to a friend, wathced her read it while on the beach and felt jealousy that I wasn't still reading it.  How lame am I? ::)

not lame at all...that's something I would do! :D

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 8:33 pm

Shoot - I haven't lent my books out, but while at a restaurant a lady was reading her's - and I became all upset because I didn't have mine with me! ;D

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 8:44 pm

The Son and I saw this the other day.
We both have mixed feelings about it - but we figure if anyone can pull off a b!tchy, young vampire - she can! ;D

And I personally think if they go with her then they need to go with Lucas Grabeel as Alec.
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/lucas_grabeel-gal-high-school-musical.jpghttp://twilightguide.com/tg/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dakota-fanning-001-246x300.gif

They are twins right? And Alec's hair is darker than Jane's, and his lips aren't as full. They can totally pull this off!

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 8:50 pm

Here is my desktop!
I took the pic and then added the book covers, the quote and of course a pic of Rob! *swoon* 8)

Here is another one but I don't use it because it is too busy - but I still like it! ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/26/09 at 9:35 pm

^those are so cool, Tam!

Written By: Tam on 01/26/09 at 9:55 pm

^those are so cool, Tam!

Thanks Erin!
I only made the top one though - I snagged the bottom one from a fan website. ;)

Written By: Silver Power on 01/28/09 at 7:20 pm

sure did.

Coolerooni.

Written By: Silver Power on 01/28/09 at 7:21 pm

I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, but...

They already ruined movie #1, so doing the same to #2 wouldn't be too far-fetched of an idea.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/28/09 at 7:51 pm

I have! I think its a terrific book, too. Hope you get a chance to read it sometime!  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/30/09 at 12:00 am

I have! I think its a terrific book, too. Hope you get a chance to read it sometime!  :)

I loved it.  I even got my husband to read it and he liked it too.  It's a little slow in the beginning, but it ends up being a terrific book.  I highly reccommend it.

Written By: Tia on 01/30/09 at 6:38 am

hope you guys have a sense of humor.  :-\\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez3BGZYzH7s&sdig=1

Written By: Tam on 02/04/09 at 11:42 am

Seems my very favorite author has slammed Stephenie Meyer.

http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_news/2009/02/exclusive-steph.html

I don't know what it is with authors. This isn't the first time I have seen one slam another. Jealousy perhaps? ;) ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/04/09 at 2:11 pm

Seems my very favorite author has slammed Stephenie Meyer.

http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_news/2009/02/exclusive-steph.html

I don't know what it is with authors. This isn't the first time I have seen one slam another. Jealousy perhaps? ;) ;D

You know, I just think that sucks.  Of course King is entitled to his opinion...and I think he's a phenomenal writer.  And I'm not a writing critic, so I don't know what he's basing his views off of, but I just don't see any reason for him to slam any of the writers that he did.  He certainly doesn't have to like them...but why be so mean spirited about it?  Stephenie Meyer is doing something right if she's selling millions of books.  I loved the books - both the Twilight series and the Host.  But whatever.  Different strokes I guess.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/04/09 at 2:16 pm

hope you guys have a sense of humor.  :-\\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez3BGZYzH7s&sdig=1

Actually...she was trying to do him the whole time.  Like, the WHOLE time.

Written By: barefootrobin on 02/04/09 at 2:28 pm

You know, I just think that sucks.  Of course King is entitled to his opinion...and I think he's a phenomenal writer.  And I'm not a writing critic, so I don't know what he's basing his views off of, but I just don't see any reason for him to slam any of the writers that he did.  He certainly doesn't have to like them...but why be so mean spirited about it?  Stephenie Meyer is doing something right if she's selling millions of books.  I loved the books - both the Twilight series and the Host.  But whatever.  Different strokes I guess.

If you don't do or say something contraversial, like criticise fellow authors, then no one ever hears of you.  They all want their 10 mins of fame.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/04/09 at 2:46 pm

If you don't do or say something contraversial, like criticise fellow authors, then no one ever hears of you.  They all want their 10 mins of fame.

That is a very good point. 

Written By: Tam on 02/06/09 at 1:41 pm

Disturbing!

Ok, so it is one thing to read the books a bunch of times, by collectible items and such, but this is a bit off the charts!
A fan made Bella's womb!

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/02/05/fan-made-bellas-womb-from-twilight-aka-creepiest-fan-made/

Written By: barefootrobin on 02/06/09 at 2:01 pm

Disturbing!

Ok, so it is one thing to read the books a bunch of times, by collectible items and such, but this is a bit off the charts!
A fan made Bella's womb!

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/02/05/fan-made-bellas-womb-from-twilight-aka-creepiest-fan-made/

Kinda of cool and sick at the same time!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/06/09 at 10:09 pm

Disturbing!

A fan made Bella's womb!

well....that's um...different.

On a happier note..I finally finished all of the books...gosh, I wish Stephenie Meyer continued with the series!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/06/09 at 10:25 pm

Disturbing!

A fan made Bella's womb!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek7.gif

WTF?

Written By: karen on 02/07/09 at 10:14 am

Necco are bringing out a range of Sweethearts on a Twilight theme to coincide with the release of the DVD next month.  They will say things like "Bite Me", "Bedazzle" and "Live 4 Ever"

Written By: Tam on 02/10/09 at 9:24 pm

Necco are bringing out a range of Sweethearts on a Twilight theme to coincide with the release of the DVD next month.  They will say things like "Bite Me", "Bedazzle" and "Live 4 Ever"

I saw that Karen.
Looks interesting 8)

-------------------------------------------------

I have started reading The Host.
I didn't want to because it seemed way too sci-fi... but of course I am now drawn in. ;)

Probably won't be anything near as compassionate as the Twilight saga.... 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/10/09 at 9:49 pm

The last Twilight book was so awesome...definitely my favorite!

I haven't started reading The Host yet either..but I will start soon. :)

Written By: Tam on 02/11/09 at 1:15 pm

The last Twilight book was so awesome...definitely my favorite!

I haven't started reading The Host yet either..but I will start soon. :)

See, I thought that Breaking Dawn was a good book - but Eclipse is still my favorite. I don't know exactly why, other than I felt let down a little bit in BD. Don't get it twisted.... I have still read it just as many times as I have read the rest of the saga, but I just feel like something was missed in the story line.

The Host - I am half way through the book and I am overwhelmed. Stephenie wrote another powerful tomb, and I can see that I am going to be pulled in for the rest of the journey.

Word to the wise: Do not let the epilogue prologue fool you. It is not hardcore Sci-Fi. Not even close. I promise you that!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/11/09 at 2:31 pm

The Host - I am half way through the book and I am overwhelmed. Stephenie wrote another powerful tomb, and I can see that I am going to be pulled in for the rest of the journey.

Word to the wise: Do not let the epilogue fool you. It is not hardcore Sci-Fi. Not even close. I promise you that!

I know huh!  It's such a great book!!

Written By: Tam on 02/11/09 at 11:33 pm

I know huh!  It's such a great book!!

Definitely!!!

I finished it tonight. WOW. All I can say is WOW. 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/11/09 at 11:35 pm

Definitely!!!

oh man..MUST START THIS BOOK! ;D I will do so this weekend!

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/11/09 at 11:38 pm

Definitely!!!

I really loved this book, too. I think Stephenie Meyer is wonderful!  8)

Written By: Tam on 02/11/09 at 11:42 pm

oh man..MUST START THIS BOOK! ;D I will do so this weekend!

Take your time with it Erin. It is definitely worth the wait. ;)

I really loved this book, too. I think Stephenie Meyer is wonderful!  8)

She is, isn't she? 8)
I am frustrated with what Stephen King had to say about her writing style. You know, it is her editors who need to be blamed for the errors in Breaking Dawn and not Stephenie. And she writes for a different generation from the one Stephen does.  I love King to death, but sometimes his writing overwhelms me.

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/11/09 at 11:47 pm

She is, isn't she? 8)
I am frustrated with what Stephen King had to say about her writing style. You know, it is her editors who need to be blamed for the errors in Breaking Dawn and not Stephenie. And she writes for a different generation from the one Stephen does.  I love King to death, but sometimes his writing overwhelms me.

I was really surprised when Stephen King came out and said those things about Stephenie. I'm a fan of Stephen too, but I agree some of his books can be overwhelming. Sometimes it takes me a lot longer to finish reading his books, too.

Written By: Tam on 02/11/09 at 11:57 pm

I was really surprised when Stephen King came out and said those things about Stephenie. I'm a fan of Stephen too, but I agree some of his books can be overwhelming. Sometimes it takes me a lot longer to finish reading his books, too.

Same here. I was talking to The Son about this tonight and he agrees. SK's writing style sometimes leaves the reader confused. He uses over-long words to try and express what he is saying, rather than just stripping it down to common knowledge. Almost as if at times he feels himself superior to those reading what he has to say. Not all the time - but just sometimes. As well, when was the last time that SK wrote a love story? A real one? Probably not since Bag of Bones I would say.

SM on the other hand, writes as if she is speaking. It is basic and straight to the point. No covering it up with a multitude of words. It touches basic people. (Not to say that we are basic), but she leaves it so that ANYONE can read and understand her.

8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/12/09 at 10:56 am

Same here. I was talking to The Son about this tonight and he agrees. SK's writing style sometimes leaves the reader confused. He uses over-long words to try and express what he is saying, rather than just stripping it down to common knowledge. Almost as if at times he feels himself superior to those reading what he has to say. Not all the time - but just sometimes. As well, when was the last time that SK wrote a love story? A real one? Probably not since Bag of Bones I would say.

SM on the other hand, writes as if she is speaking. It is basic and straight to the point. No covering it up with a multitude of words. It touches basic people. (Not to say that we are basic), but she leaves it so that ANYONE can read and understand her.

8)

I am so with you.  She writes for real people.  She's not trying to be part of the "literary intelligencia."  She's not a poser.  She just writes stories.  Really great stories.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/09 at 1:12 pm

My sister in law bought me a t-shirt that says "Peace, Love and Twilight."

I adore it!

:D

Written By: Tam on 02/15/09 at 1:17 pm

My sister in law bought me a t-shirt that says "Peace, Love and Twilight."

I adore it!

:D

That's great Ash!

I have the one from Hot Topic - the front says "What if I'm not the Hero" and the back says "What if I'm the Bad Guy"

I love it!
I have been looking for tons of stuff on cafepress - just wish I could buy everything! 8)

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 10:54 am

So the movie came out on DVD on the 21st.
Apparently, in the first 24 hours it sold more than 3 million copies.
Of course, I have the 2 disc special edition one. No, I didn't buy it from Borders or Hot Topic - so I don't have any of the cheesy pics or holograms. ;D

If you haven't read the books yet, I beg you to not see the movie until you do.
Having watched the movie on DVD now, it was only my third time - but the movie is good, yet not nearly as goos as the books.
They are pretty easy reads, and will go pretty fast once you are sucked into them.
Do not think they are only for teenagers obsessed with angst and darkness - they are not.

Give 'em a try!

oOo and they have started filming New Moon.
So far I have seen tons of awesome pictures.
I will have to link to them right shortly! ;)

Written By: Tam on 03/25/09 at 11:03 am

Pictures on the set of New Moon
http://spoilertv-movies.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-moon-new-set-pics.html

Two more pics and a small video
http://blog.twilight-gossip.com/2009/03/21/bellas-truck.aspx

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/25/09 at 11:34 pm

So the movie came out on DVD on the 21st.
Apparently, in the first 24 hours it sold more than 3 million copies.
Of course, I have the 2 disc special edition one. No, I didn't buy it from Borders or Hot Topic - so I don't have any of the cheesy pics or holograms. ;D

If you haven't read the books yet, I beg you to not see the movie until you do.
Having watched the movie on DVD now, it was only my third time - but the movie is good, yet not nearly as goos as the books.
They are pretty easy reads, and will go pretty fast once you are sucked into them.
Do not think they are only for teenagers obsessed with angst and darkness - they are not.

Give 'em a try!

oOo and they have started filming New Moon.
So far I have seen tons of awesome pictures.
I will have to link to them right shortly! ;)
the DVD arrived in the mail, Lady Di got it for Julie who is a fan like all of you crazy girls  :D 

Written By: Gis on 03/26/09 at 11:17 am

Ok so I'm ready to be mauled by yous all but i thought the film was not great. I found the girl irritating and hard to like. I found it hard to believe she would have made so many friends when she was so bloody miserable all the time.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/09 at 11:21 am

Ok so I'm ready to be mauled by yous all but i thought the film was not great. I found the girl irritating and hard to like. I found it hard to believe she would have made so many friends when she was so bloody miserable all the time.

yes....but you have to admit...Edward was very easy on the eyes? Correct?! ;) :D

Written By: Tam on 03/26/09 at 11:25 am

You won't hear anything from me. ;)
I think the film definitely could have been better, but with a limited budget and it being billed as an independent - we get all they can provide.

I am not a fan of Kristin Stewart or her acting, so her Bella was horrible and over-acted. She was too angsty, and actually in some interviews it has been told that she changed some of her lines because she, as a person, would never say what SM wrote for Bella to say. (So suddenly she is the screen writer ::) ) At any rate, they can't change her for another actress now, so we unfortunately have to deal with her mug.

Rob Pattinson did amazing I think with the American Accent. And I think he played Edward exactly as he should have been played.

The direction of the movie and editing left me wanting. Obviously it can't be book to screen perfect, but some scenes were simply ridiculous - seeing Emmett jump on a trampoline in order to get higher in the baseball field - first thing I noticed!

Anyway, I still bought the movie because it has blown up into a pop culture phenom. And even though he is too young for me, Rob definitely isn't hard on the eyes! 8)

Written By: Tam on 03/26/09 at 11:25 am

yes....but you have to admit...Edward was very easy on the eyes? Correct?! ;) :D

Erin!!!! Get outta my head!!! ;D ;D 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/09 at 11:27 am

Erin!!!! Get outta my head!!! ;D ;D 8)

hahaha..great minds think alike, eh?! ;) :D

Written By: Tam on 03/26/09 at 11:30 am

hahaha..great minds think alike, eh?! ;) :D

For real! ;)
He is just so 'McDreamy' ;D
I like his hair washed though, so it looks all soft and stuff. 8) ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/09 at 11:33 am

For real! ;)
He is just so 'McDreamy' ;D
I like his hair washed though, so it looks all soft and stuff. 8) ;)

he really is! It's like..I can't stop staring at him! ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/26/09 at 11:46 am

Girls, right now I am reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.  They're great.  They're kind of similar to Twilight in that they are about a human/vampire love story, but of course the characters are completely different, and these books are a lot more adult themed.  I LOVE them.  The first one is called "Dead Until Dark."  I highly reccomend them.

Written By: barefootrobin on 03/26/09 at 11:47 am

Girls, right now I am reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.  They're great.  They're kind of similar to Twilight in that they are about a human/vampire love story, but of course the characters are completely different, and these books are a lot more adult themed.  I LOVE them.  The first one is called "Dead Until Dark."  I highly reccomend them.

Thanks - I'm gonna have to check them out.

Written By: karen on 03/26/09 at 12:42 pm

A friend is lending me the first two Twilight books soon

Written By: Tam on 03/26/09 at 12:52 pm

A friend is lending me the first two Twilight books soon

oOo Karen I am excited for you!!! 8)
You will fall in love. I promise!

Written By: karen on 03/26/09 at 1:07 pm

oOo Karen I am excited for you!!! 8)
You will fall in love. I promise!

that's what Rita reckons as well

Written By: Tam on 04/06/09 at 8:47 pm

http://www.angryalien.com/aa/twilightbuns.asp

;D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/07/09 at 2:24 am

I saw just a small part of the movie as Julie & Lady Di were watching it and I have to say it seemed rather intense at times  :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/07/09 at 9:09 am

I bought the DVD yesterday.  It took about 4 attempts to get through the first half.  This being I'm so used to black and white  vampire flicks.  Second half was a lot better.  I had no ideal vampires sparkled. :o  Bella's hair annoyed the heck out of me.  I've got to admit it is refreshing after seeing the usual Bela Lugosi movies.

Written By: Tam on 04/07/09 at 9:11 am

I bought the DVD yesterday.  It took about 4 attempts to get through the first half.  This being I'm so used to black and white  vampire flicks.  Second half was a lot better.  I had no ideal vampires sparkled. :o  Bella's hair annoyed the heck out of me.  I've got to admit it is refreshing after seeing the usual Bela Lugosi movies.

It was an alright movie huh Kathie?

The thing that I tell anyone when they go to watch it is that it is an Independent Film. It might be choppy and slow in parts, but it did turn out to be good. Bella herself just annoyed the heck out of me - but I am not a Kristin Stewart fan. ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/07/09 at 9:15 am

It was an alright movie huh Kathie?

The thing that I tell anyone when they go to watch it is that it is an Independent Film. It might be choppy and slow in parts, but it did turn out to be good. Bella herself just annoyed the heck out of me - but I am not a Kristin Stewart fan. ;)

Yeah it's an alright movie.  It wasn't the fact that it was choppy it was just dull.  There's interesting choppy and there's dull.  The camera angle in a lot of the scenes was crappy.  Edward copper eyes were faboo though. :)

Written By: barefootrobin on 04/07/09 at 9:50 am

I FINALLY watched the movie this weekend.  My poor husband watche dit with me, he kept saying "this is a chick flick".  Oh well, won't be the first I've forced him to watch with me, won't be the last.  That being said, I enjoyed the movie.  However, in my head, Jacob Black & Edward Cullen were much better looking.

Written By: karen on 04/07/09 at 10:10 am

I started the first book this morning

Written By: Tam on 04/07/09 at 10:14 am

I started the first book this morning

So very exciting Karen!!!
Everyone watching and starting to read almost makes me want to read them again! :o ;D ;D

Written By: Tam on 04/07/09 at 10:15 am

I FINALLY watched the movie this weekend.  My poor husband watche dit with me, he kept saying "this is a chick flick".  Oh well, won't be the first I've forced him to watch with me, won't be the last.  That being said, I enjoyed the movie.  However, in my head, Jacob Black & Edward Cullen were much better looking.

Nasty went with me to the theater - so I had to go to Wrestlemania on Sunday!
Oh well, we trade off on stuff like that all the time! ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/07/09 at 10:19 am

Tam, I'm begging you to start the "Dead Before Dark" series!  PLEASE!  Do it for me.  Do it for our love. 

Written By: Tam on 04/07/09 at 10:23 am

Tam, I'm begging you to start the "Dead Before Dark" series!  PLEASE!  Do it for me.  Do it for our love. 

Sookie Stackhouse right?
I am still debating it - it looks interesting though. That's what the HBO series True Blood is based on right?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/07/09 at 10:51 am

Sookie Stackhouse right?
I am still debating it - it looks interesting though. That's what the HBO series True Blood is based on right?

Yes.  But I'm not really keen on the series.  From what I can see, the series is pretty different than the books.  >:(

Written By: Gis on 04/08/09 at 3:32 am

Tam, Tam how could you not after that heartfelt appeal??

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/08/09 at 9:14 am

I know, huh! 

I guess we know who's really on my side!  ;D ;)

Written By: Tam on 04/08/09 at 10:36 am

I know, huh! 

I guess we know who's really on my side!   ;D ;)

Ok, ok, twist my rubber arm!
I will look into it as soon as I can. ;)

Written By: Jessica on 04/09/09 at 10:02 pm

Jason was sporting a Robert Pattinson 'do today.  The picture sort of sucks though, so you can't see how awesome it really was.  He woke up with his hair like this and it stayed that way all freakin' day, even after I tried to comb it. ;D

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/badhair.jpg

Written By: Tam on 04/10/09 at 12:32 am

Jason was sporting a Robert Pattinson 'do today.  The picture sort of sucks though, so you can't see how awesome it really was.  He woke up with his hair like this and it stayed that way all freakin' day, even after I tried to comb it. ;D

Absolutely Perfect!
Heartbreaker in the making!!! ;) 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/10/09 at 1:09 pm

OMG...how adorable is that?!!! :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/11/09 at 3:30 pm

I love it!  He gets cuter every second. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/11/09 at 4:20 pm

Robert would be proud.  He's going to be a lady killer when her grows up.

Written By: Jessica on 04/11/09 at 11:35 pm

Thanks ladies. :)  I'm proud of him.  He's got a girlfriend in his soccer class already. ;D

Anyways, carry one with your Twilight talk.  I guess I'll see the movie when we get Netflix back.  Or should I read the books first?

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 11:55 am

Thanks ladies. :)  I'm proud of him.  He's got a girlfriend in his soccer class already. ;D

Anyways, carry one with your Twilight talk.  I guess I'll see the movie when we get Netflix back.  Or should I read the books first?

I would recommend you read the books first Jess. There is more in them and if you try and watch the movie, you might get pissed at it because it jumps around a lot. Read first - watch later. ;) 8)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/12/09 at 1:05 pm

My daughter absolutely loves this movie, and right after seeing it she went out and bought the book (plus all the sequels after that)!  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/12/09 at 1:35 pm

I would recommend you read the books first Jess. There is more in them and if you try and watch the movie, you might get pissed at it because it jumps around a lot. Read first - watch later. ;) 8)

I always do things backwards don't I?  I've gotta hit Barnes&Noble.

Written By: karen on 04/12/09 at 4:48 pm

I've read Twilight and New Moon

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 6:58 pm

I've read Twilight and New Moon

AND?!!!!!
OMG I am so excited to hear what you think about them!!!!

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 9:23 pm

^ and I have to add that the third book "Eclipse" is my absolute favorite! I know I have said it a hundred times before, but it remains the same!! ;)

Written By: karen on 04/12/09 at 9:26 pm

^ and I have to add that the third book "Eclipse" is my absolute favorite! I know I have said it a hundred times before, but it remains the same!! ;)

The friend I borrowed them from is waiting for this to come out in paperback I think.  Though she did say the other day she'd borrowed a copy from someone because she couldn't wait!  So maybe she won't buy the paperback now.  :-\\

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 9:47 pm

The friend I borrowed them from is waiting for this to come out in paperback I think.  Though she did say the other day she'd borrowed a copy from someone because she couldn't wait!  So maybe she won't buy the paperback now.  :-\\

I know they are reasonably priced at Borders. ;)

Did you like the first 2 though?

Written By: karen on 04/12/09 at 9:52 pm

I know they are reasonably priced at Borders. ;)

Did you like the first 2 though?

Its hard.

I did like them, and I can see how people get obsessed by them.  Having heard from several obsessed people though, the books could never match up to the hype, if you see what I mean?

I do want to read the rest of the series

Written By: Tam on 04/12/09 at 10:14 pm

Its hard.

I did like them, and I can see how people get obsessed by them.  Having heard from several obsessed people though, the books could never match up to the hype, if you see what I mean?

I do want to read the rest of the series

I can understand where you are coming from. They are definitely a great read and definitely addictive - but each person is different of course. ;)
That being said - I didn't really "fall" for them until the third book.... 8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/13/09 at 6:12 pm

I can understand where you are coming from. They are definitely a great read and definitely addictive - but each person is different of course. ;)
That being said - I didn't really "fall" for them until the third book.... 8)

I went out and bought Breaking Dawn.  It's the hardest to get and money's tight so I have to get all the books over time.

Written By: Gis on 06/01/09 at 4:07 pm

OK are you sitting down ladies?

I finally gave in and bought the first two on a special offer. I read Twilight yesterday. I'm in the same boat as karen really in that I thought it was good but I wouldn't rave about it. I found all the building up of the romance a bit tedious, partly I think because I just saw Robert Pattinson every time I read about Edward and he just doesn't do it for me at all so I found I couldn't fall for him.  :-\\  I was more taken with Jasper and Emmett  ;D.
For me it only got really good when the other vampires arrived.

Written By: Tam on 06/14/09 at 1:54 pm

OK are you sitting down ladies?

I finally gave in and bought the first two on a special offer. I read Twilight yesterday. I'm in the same boat as karen really in that I thought it was good but I wouldn't rave about it. I found all the building up of the romance a bit tedious, partly I think because I just saw Robert Pattinson every time I read about Edward and he just doesn't do it for me at all so I found I couldn't fall for him.  :-\\  I was more taken with Jasper and Emmett  ;D.
For me it only got really good when the other vampires arrived.

Gis! I am in love with Jasper!
He is so quiet and stays in the background - yet he plays an integral part in the 3rd book.

I read them before seeing RPattz - so I had this picture of Edward looking somewhere between Colin Firth and Matthew Macfadyen (Mr. Darcy - 2005 Pride & Prejudice).

The third book has the most action in it, and the hardest part of the love triangle. I am so happy you finally read it though. 8)

The vid in my sigline is part of the New Moon trailer! I am excited for the movie!

Written By: karen on 06/14/09 at 6:37 pm

I got a good deal on the third book (came up wrong on the register so I got it free!) and I have to say the series is growing on me.

Written By: Gis on 06/16/09 at 8:00 am

Ok, ok I'll read the next one then!  ;D I haven't had the chance yet.

Written By: Gis on 08/11/09 at 11:14 am

I read the second one at the weekend. I enjoyed it more than the first, I find Jacob much more likable than Edward.

Written By: barefootrobin on 08/11/09 at 1:21 pm

I read the second one at the weekend. I enjoyed it more than the first, I find Jacob much more likable than Edward.

I agree, however you and I appear to be in the minority!

Written By: Tam on 08/11/09 at 1:55 pm

Bah! I should smite the both of you right now! ;D

I will agree that people find Jacob more likable in the second book, only because Edward is hardly in it. Wait until you read Eclipse Gis! It is my favorite out of the entire series! 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/11/09 at 9:05 pm

:P

Written By: Gis on 08/13/09 at 9:08 am

Well I was chatting with the girls at work and Edward got the big thumbs down from all of us! As a woman we all prefered Jacob! maybe it's a British thing?

Written By: Tam on 08/13/09 at 11:12 am

Well I was chatting with the girls at work and Edward got the big thumbs down from all of us! As a woman we all prefered Jacob! maybe it's a British thing?

I can't believe it! I demand a re-count! ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/13/09 at 6:05 pm

I think it's a crappy taste thing.  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/09 at 6:10 pm

Edward is a bit stuffy and ordinary, so I can see why you all choose Jacob.  Robert Pattinson doesn't help the fact any because to most British girls he not that special. 

Written By: Tam on 10/08/09 at 1:01 pm

Death Cab for Cutie has released their Video for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

http://www.mtv.com/videos/death-cab-for-cutie/442590/meet-me-on-the-equinox.jhtml#name=news&id=1623354

Written By: Henk on 10/11/09 at 12:09 pm

Death Cab for Cutie has released their Video for The Twilight Saga: New Moon

http://www.mtv.com/videos/death-cab-for-cutie/442590/meet-me-on-the-equinox.jhtml#name=news&id=1623354

That's not half bad. Don't think we get to hear/see that often in Holland, though - but I have been wrong before.

I haven't gotten into this Twilight thing (yet), but I know my 14-year old niece is going to a Twilight Convention (some time next year). And she does like Robert Pattinson.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/17/09 at 12:23 pm

Edward is a bit stuffy and ordinary, so I can see why you all choose Jacob.  Robert Pattinson doesn't help the fact any because to most British girls he not that special. 

He is not!  :P  You have obviously never read the last two books!  ;)

"Why am I covered in feathers?"

Hummina hummina...

Written By: Tam on 10/17/09 at 12:27 pm

He is not!   :P  You have obviously never read the last two books!   ;)

Hummina hummina...

That's right!!!
Edward can bite my pillows ANYDAY!!!!! ;D ;D

ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :P <- that is actually a panting smiley! lol

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/19/09 at 11:03 am

He is not!   :P  You have obviously never read the last two books!   ;)

Hummina hummina...

I've read "Breaking Dawn" and if you notice how he relates to other people in general it is stuffy.

Written By: Tam on 10/19/09 at 11:14 am

I've read "Breaking Dawn" and if you notice how he relates to other people in general it is stuffy.

Well, I think that is because he almost 100 years old! ;D
Even though times have changed, he still carries with him the decorum of his time.

Written By: Gis on 10/20/09 at 9:29 am

ok I'm taking book 3 to read on the train. I'll let you know what I think. 

Written By: Tam on 10/20/09 at 11:03 am

ok I'm taking book 3 to read on the train. I'll let you know what I think. 

Oh Gis! Eclipse is my favorite book out of the series!!! I know you are going to enjoy it!!! 8)

Written By: Tam on 03/31/10 at 4:37 pm

Goodness!
I didn't realize how long it has been since I posted here.
At any rate, there is new information!!!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

The first post is about her new book!!! Bree Tanner's story is about to be told!
I have already pre-ordered it on Amazon... hoping the publishing company will release it for the kindle a well.
This is very exciting for me!!!
8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/01/10 at 8:22 am

Finally broke down and watched the first movie this past weekend.  Might go see the second movie at the dollar theater today.  :)

Written By: Gis on 06/05/10 at 5:07 pm

I am VERY distressed to hear that Robert Pattinson is currently filming 'Water for Elephants'.

It has to be one of the best books I have read in years, and this means they are going to ruin it because that seems to be the standard for film adaptations these days.  :\'(

Written By: barefootrobin on 07/25/10 at 6:22 pm

I am VERY distressed to hear that Robert Pattinson is currently filming 'Water for Elephants'.

It has to be one of the best books I have read in years, and this means they are going to ruin it because that seems to be the standard for film adaptations these days.  :\'(

I quite loved that book as well!

Check for new replies or respond here...