inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your zombie killing plans.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/30/09 at 8:57 pm

Zombies have taken over the planet, what would you do?

I would baracade myself and others, in a grocery story, and bring enough guns and ammos, to kill those zombies, and blow them away.

Subject: Re: Your zombie killing plans.

Written By: gibbo on 08/30/09 at 9:04 pm

I would baracade myself and others, in a grocery story, and bring enough guns and ammos, to kill those zombies, and blow them away.

But aren't zombies already dead? How can guns kill them further?  I would have to devise some kind of method of completely dissolving or disintegrating  them....so there is no actual body left at all. This surely is a perplexing question!  :-\\ ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 9:05 pm

But aren't zombies already dead? How can guns kill them further?  I would have to devise some kind of method of completely dissolving or disintegrating  them....so there is no actual body left at all. This surely is a perplexing question!  :-\\ ;)

duh peter the only way to kill a zombie is to shoot it in the head....

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 9:08 pm

btw--- locking yourself up with others never works...eventually someone gets bored and tries to go outside....letting the zombies it...its only a good plan if  you lock yourself inside a grocery store... I'd stay on boat with fishing gear and a butt load of bottled water and all the fire power I can get my hands on....just in case the zombies learn how to swim  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 08/30/09 at 9:09 pm

I'll try it on myself first. No point in getting it wrong when the time comes... ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/09 at 9:10 pm

I'll try it on myself first. No point in getting it wrong when the time comes... ;)

I figure if  you get bit then shoot yourself in the head before you die/change because then at least you won't turn into a zombie.

Written By: gibbo on 08/30/09 at 9:12 pm

I figure if  you get bit then shoot yourself in the head before you die/change because then at least you won't turn into a zombie.

This all reminds me of the movie ...From Dusk 'Til Dawn  (but they were vampires)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/30/09 at 9:37 pm

I'd force them to watch the whole series of of both Petticoat Junction and the Beverly Hillbillies.  I'd show em no mercy!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/30/09 at 9:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ&feature=related

Written By: Frank on 08/30/09 at 10:24 pm

I would get all the TV stations to show William Hung on Idol, over and over again and turn on all the TVs. Either the Zombies would laugh or kill themselves.

I'd force them to watch the whole series of of both Petticoat Junction and the Beverly Hillbillies.  I'd show em no mercy!!!

Those are good shows though.

Written By: wildcard on 08/30/09 at 11:29 pm

So you're looking for a human
With brown hair eyes
So you're looking for a human
All I hear are brain cries
But It's to late she's strayed in hurry
And  I don't know
Where she is near
But I know one's things for certain
She's not here

what kind of zombies?  I've been wanting to do something with zombies on a Zombies song.  I'm in disquise to see what type of zombies they are and come up with the best methods to kill them.  They could just be people suffering from some sicko that gave them poison from a puffer fish or something.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/31/09 at 11:40 am

I'm talking about the undead, brain eating kind.

Written By: wildcard on 08/31/09 at 1:04 pm

^ all right then, the cele whats that word of the brain needs to be destroyed.  I still think having a disguise is good and get all the kitchen knifes. 

Written By: ninny on 08/31/09 at 3:35 pm

OK now I want to find the game Zombies Ate My Neighbors and play it again. ;D

Written By: Jessica on 08/31/09 at 9:32 pm

I'd hide behind Bruce Campbell.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/01/09 at 10:49 pm

A little googling for A Split Second's old-school E.B.M. Kiss of Fury will reveal that the album's second track is called Crimewave.

As the night is falling,
The creeps start crawling,
The human debris crawling from their holes...

I keep my thoughts in the microwave, they're a little overheated, but at least they're safe, but this little gem from 1990 calls for me to fess up.

The backbeat precedes the background music of early (mid-1990s) first-person shooters like DOOM by 3 years.  Everything from shotgunesque interjections of MIDI-ized brass instruments, to a lilting melody that syncs nicely with the steadicam-style head-bobbing that characterized early FPS games.

With a nod to From the Inside, I intend to don, rather than bend, my body armor.

And then I intend to put Crimewave on infinite loop (OK, maybe just alternating with Cold War in the Brainbox, with the immortal line "Kickin' ass!  Kickin' ass!  Macho chickens in the underpass!"), until I run out of ammo or hit points, whichever comes first.

Humiliation!  *BLAM!*
Justice calls!  *BLAM!*
Degeneration!  *BLAM!*
NAIL 'EM TO THE WALLS!  (Yes, with CAPS LOCK in the original album art :)

Just like I did 15+ years ago. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/02/09 at 10:26 am

I'd hide behind Bruce Campbell.

Bruce Campbell, is definetly the man.

Check for new replies or respond here...