inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why did they stop?

Written By: loki 13 on 11/30/09 at 6:32 pm

I was watching a show last night about Erich Von Daniken's Ancient Astronaut Theory, the one that states
extraterrestrials had a hand in the building of the pyramids and other ancient structures. Pyramids are found
all over the world and were built approximately 5,000 years ago. According to Von Daniken the ancients did
not possess the knowledge to build such structures so the knowledge was given to them by an alien lifeform.

Why did they stop giving that knowledge 5,000 years ago? When did they go from teaching cultures how to
build amazing structures to abducting them and shoving probes up their ass? During the show they stated that
architects of today couldn't build structures with the accuracy of celestial bodies that the ancients did. Are they
kidding? Technology today can pinpoint anything , anywhere, I'm pretty sure they can point a building at the
freakin' sun.

If these beings could build a spacecraft that could travel billions of miles are they saying the best idea they could
come up with is a pyramid? The raw materials to build an airplane were present on the earth at that time and all
the aliens could do was pile up a bunch of rocks?

On a related note; why did God stop speaking to people 2,000 years ago? He used to use burning bushes, chariots
of fire and angels to contact the human populace, now, not so much as a whisper. It seems the last person he made
contact with was Mary, Mother of Jesus and that was just so he could seduce her. Why the 2,000 year silent treatment?
Why did they stop?

Subject: Re: Why did they stop?

Written By: gibbo on 11/30/09 at 8:38 pm

I was watching a show last night about Erich Von Daniken's Ancient Astronaut Theory, the one that states
extraterrestrials had a hand in the building of the pyramids and other ancient structures. Pyramids are found
all over the world and were built approximately 5,000 years ago. According to Von Daniken the ancients did
not possess the knowledge to build such structures so the knowledge was given to them by an alien lifeform.

Why did they stop giving that knowledge 5,000 years ago? When did they go from teaching cultures how to
build amazing structures to abducting them and shoving probes up their ass? During the show they stated that
architects of today couldn't build structures with the accuracy of celestial bodies that the ancients did. Are they
kidding? Technology today can pinpoint anything , anywhere, I'm pretty sure they can point a building at the
freakin' sun.

If these beings could build a spacecraft that could travel billions of miles are they saying the best idea they could
come up with is a pyramid? The raw materials to build an airplane were present on the earth at that time and all
the aliens could do was pile up a bunch of rocks?

On a related note; why did God stop speaking to people 2,000 years ago? He used to use burning bushes, chariots
of fire and angels to contact the human populace, now, not so much as a whisper. It seems the last person he made
contact with was Mary, Mother of Jesus and that was just so he could seduce her. Why the 2,000 year silent treatment?
Why did they stop?

I had the same questions of the aliens!  Is that the best they could etc?  Stupid aliens.... >:(

....and God still speaks.....depending upon how much money you donate to which evangelist!  ;)

Written By: wildcard on 11/30/09 at 8:42 pm

I think God doesn't do anything like a burning bush because He doesn't want to be in the world news.  He seems to notify me through chills.  

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/02/09 at 11:08 pm

Why the 2,000 year silent treatment?
Why did they stop?

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/LordJiro/20081124.gif

Hey, nobody said First Contact wasn't going to be a little awkward...

Written By: gibbo on 12/03/09 at 2:57 pm

I think God doesn't do anything like a burning bush because He doesn't want to be in the world news.  He seems to notify me through chills.  

Re: the Burning Bush stunt.....there IS a high fire danger these days and it is just not safe anymore!

Written By: wildcard on 12/03/09 at 10:45 pm

that too

Written By: loki 13 on 12/04/09 at 5:38 pm

Re: the Burning Bush stunt.....there IS a high fire danger these days and it is just not safe anymore!

Reminds me of a bumpersticker I read when George II  stole the first election.

The Last Time People Listened To A Bush They Wandered Around A Desert for 40 Years.

Written By: youngerderek on 04/09/11 at 12:53 am

I think the aliens that experiment on and harass (even, perhaps even probe) people are a different species than the kind who built the Pyramids. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...