inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: UFOs and strange flying objects

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/17/10 at 5:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I am sure most of you who believe in the paranormal or the unknown have heard, read stories about them but have any of you actually seen a ufo? Or maybe you thought you saw one once?

I'm not really inot UFOs but I believe I saw one on March 20th 1988 (it looked real to me). Just recently I thought I saw another one night, but it turned out it was a goodyear blimp all lit up with lights.

So if anyone's interested in discussing, I'm curious has anyone else seen anything strange up high other than an airplane?

Subject: Re: UFOs and strange flying objects

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/10 at 9:37 pm

I did.  Back in the 90s, it was late at night and as I was walking home, off in the distance I see these coloured lights swirling in a circle.  I ran down the sidewalk lightning fast to see if I could get a closer look, but it was gone.  To this day, I have no idea what I saw, but the way those lights hovered and swirled, it was just not humanly possible.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/18/10 at 3:24 pm

It makes me wonder, maybe I didn't see a goodyear blimp after all. I looked it up and was even shown some pictures of it but I've always found it so odd for a blimp to be floating around at night decorated with a bunch of lights, what is the purpose to that?

Too bad you didn't get close enough to see what it was, the colored lights do seem a little strange like who on earth would use that really.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/20/10 at 5:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I am sure most of you who believe in the paranormal or the unknown have heard, read stories about them but have any of you actually seen a ufo? Or maybe you thought you saw one once?

I'm not really inot UFOs but I believe I saw one on March 20th 1988 (it looked real to me). Just recently I thought I saw another one night, but it turned out it was a goodyear blimp all lit up with lights.

So if anyone's interested in discussing, I'm curious has anyone else seen anything strange up high other than an airplane?

Hey Max! It's been a while, but it's was like yesterday with this posting. why I'm still interested in this subject is that I'd like to hear some opinions on space travel and aliens abductions and religion beliefs. To much to ask? let me throw this out.

"Are all of our major religions based on unidentified flyng object's and alien abductions and space travel?" is the old testament bible only a book of recorded space travelers interventions? is artificial insemination and time travel or the speed of light the foundation of a religion? and is a small rock, called a meteorite today, from outerspace the reason for another religion?

I think we should re-write the bible because of our knowledge in technology today, first stating that all the major religions from 5000 thousand ago that are still practiced today are not Holy and only byproducts of un-identified flying obects, space aliens intervention on ignorant minds. Maybe our wars would stop because of ignorant religious beliefs.

there is more...

Written By: hot_wax on 07/20/10 at 7:36 pm

Hey Max! It's been a while, but it's was like yesterday with this posting. why I'm still interested in this subject is that I'd like to hear some opinions on space travel and aliens abductions and religion beliefs. To much to ask? let me throw this out.

"Are all of our major religions based on unidentified flyng object's and alien abductions and space travel?" is the old testament bible only a book of recorded space travelers interventions? is artificial insemination and time travel or the speed of light the foundation of a religion? and is a small rock, called a meteorite today, from outerspace the reason for another religion?

I think we should re-write the bible because of our knowledge in technology today, first stating that all the major religions from 5000 thousand ago that are still practiced today are not Holy and only byproducts of un-identified flying obects, space aliens intervention on ignorant minds. Maybe our wars would stop because of ignorant religious beliefs.

there is more...

Hi guys, I'm new to this board, I've spent 99% of my 7 years on the "Before the 70's board' and a lot of subjects I like to bring up are not for the 70S board. Thanks to Cat I'm out and around the neighborhood looking for a good discussion and "UFO'S and Strange Flying Objects" board fell in my lap. Maxwell and I were having a discussion on a flying object I saw a couple days before the 911 attack on the Twin Towers and I thought there was a connection between the object and the attacks and it lead to my last posting on Space Alien's and Religions. I cut and pasted my reply to this board because I believe we think on the same lines of alien encouters. Let's talk.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/20/10 at 9:41 pm

If you ever see an alien climbing out of smoldering wreckage of a crashed UFO, stay upwind of the smoke (you don't know where that thing's been :), and remember the universal greeting: "I have a car, a cell phone, some water in my backpack, some beer at the campsite, and of course I'll sign the nondisclosure stuff!"

Here's a UFO that crashed in 1948, and I'm talking about the one in California, not the more famous crash.  There are bits of it still there.  If 1948's too recent, here's one that crashed in 1943.  We had some ideas that were every bit as cool as what the Luftwaffe was playing with.  We just didn't have the computers to make that particular brand of UFO work until much, much, later.

That didn't stop us from building UFOs.  In the 60s and 70s, several were lost over the desert.  Some of 'em wound up in the opposite of the desert - splashing down in an ocean half a world away.

More recently, the UFO that crashed in the desert in 1986 was of a type first officially flown in 1981, but something very much like it flew as far back as 1977.  In 1988, it became an identified flying object.  (My first reaction upon seeing one flying at an airshow was probably not much different to that of the people who saw them in the early 80s - "WTF?!")

(And anyone who played the Microprose game "F-19 Stealth Fighter" will get a kick out of one of the photos on this page!  You'll know it when you see it.)

And those are just the UFOs that we know about, and it goes without saying that the ones that make it home safely vastly outnumber the ones that crash.  

For a bunch of hairless apes, we can be pretty clever when we really put our minds to something.  Spaceships that we built (but which are too far away to see) have explored the solar system well enough to say that we're definitely smarter than the Martians.

If you want to see UFOs, hang out in the desert.  Or wait a couple of decades and visit an air force museum.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/21/10 at 4:52 pm

Back when I was ten or so, my sister and I saw a hovering UFO.  It was faint with distance, but it was definitely there and hovering.  I think it was just a weather balloon.

People forget UFO means only "Unidentified Flying Object."  It is not supposed to imply an interstellar craft controlled by intelligent life, although it came to imply just that.  Astronomers and pilots report UFOs frequently. 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/faga2.gif

I'll believe extraterrestrial life is visiting us when I see it.

I am paranoid our government is hiding weird sh!t from us.  I don't think it's E.T. though.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/21/10 at 8:55 pm

Back when I was ten or so, my sister and I saw a hovering UFO.  It was faint with distance, but it was definitely there and hovering.  I think it was just a weather balloon.

People forget UFO means only "Unidentified Flying Object."  It is not supposed to imply an interstellar craft controlled by intelligent life, although it came to imply just that.  Astronomers and pilots report UFOs frequently. 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/faga2.gif

I'll believe extraterrestrial life is visiting us when I see it.

I am paranoid our government is hiding weird sh!t from us.  I don't think it's E.T. though.

Max, ET 's are our creators, I'm not saying there isn't any God because there is a Supreme Being God created ET's also, but many millions of years before we were even a solar system. ET's saw our solar system taking shape, came back and saw it could support life, and the oceans were artificially insemenated with X & O one cell animals, came back saw the land could support life and artificially altered ocean fishs genes and they could breath air and roam the lands, came back and found that the planet could support life and it now could be used as an experimental planet to see all forms of life from other galaxies can exsist with each other on one planet. Came back and introduced the higher intelligent life form, the human life form.

ET's came to our planet millions of years before human life to observe the planets life forms, and ET's come today like millions of years before to observe the human life form. Why can't people accept this as fact? ET's are the reason why we exsist today and why we have religions today that cause wars between the human life forms. We need to make contact with them, they have the knowledge and hold the answers on how to survive in this millenium without killing ourselves.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/10 at 10:25 pm

Max, ET 's are our creators, I'm not saying there isn't any God because there is a Supreme Being God created ET's also, but many millions of years before we were even a solar system. ET's saw our solar system taking shape, came back and saw it could support life, and the oceans were artificially insemenated with X & O one cell animals, came back saw the land could support life and artificially altered ocean fishs genes and they could breath air and roam the lands, came back and found that the planet could support life and it now could be used as an experimental planet to see all forms of life from other galaxies can exsist with each other on one planet. Came back and introduced the higher intelligent life form, the human life form.

ET's came to our planet millions of years before human life to observe the planets life forms, and ET's come today like millions of years before to observe the human life form. Why can't people accept this as fact? ET's are the reason why we exsist today and why we have religions today that cause wars between the human life forms. We need to make contact with them, they have the knowledge and hold the answers on how to survive in this millenium without killing ourselves.

I agree with the comet theory.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/23/10 at 10:10 pm

I agree with the comet theory.

It's only a theory, if Comets did start life in the oceans, it might have given ET's the fact that the planet could support life, and over the millions of years experimented with cold blooded, warm blooded and everything in between kinds of life that this planet could support. I can't understand why there is thousands of species of life on this planet, where did they all come from? not the comets, they didn't bring elephants, do we use the word evolution to vastly? or is that a cover up word the genetic altering?   

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/10 at 11:46 pm

It's only a theory, if Comets did start life in the oceans, it might have given ET's the fact that the planet could support life, and over the millions of years experimented with cold blooded, warm blooded and everything in between kinds of life that this planet could support. I can't understand why there is thousands of species of life on this planet, where did they all come from? not the comets, they didn't bring elephants, do we use the word evolution to vastly? or is that a cover up word the genetic altering?   

God only knows...

Written By: hot_wax on 07/24/10 at 2:25 pm

God only knows...

That's what I'm saying...Oh! unless you mean the ultimate Supreme Being, the one who created our creators.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/26/10 at 8:32 pm

That's what I'm saying...Oh! unless you mean the ultimate Supreme Being, the one who created our creators.

http://lunar.lostgarden.com/gfx/TurtlesAllTheWayDown-small.jpg

So it's Turtles, all the way up?  

(In Soviet Russia, Terry Pratchett writes about...)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/10 at 10:25 pm

You're reminding me of "Time Bandits"!
;)

Written By: hot_wax on 07/28/10 at 12:37 am

You're reminding me of "Time Bandits"!
;)

Max, I never saw or heard of the " The Time Bandits" before so I looked it up and read about the story on google and you're right, I see that Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and I think alike.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/28/10 at 6:31 pm

Max, I never saw or heard of the " The Time Bandits" before so I looked it up and read about the story on google and you're right, I see that Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and I think alike.

If you've never seen it, you've got to watch it!  It's still my favorite Terry Gilliam movie.

Written By: hot_wax on 07/28/10 at 7:54 pm

If you've never seen it, you've got to watch it!  It's still my favorite Terry Gilliam movie.

I want to now.

Written By: dogwelder on 10/01/10 at 12:13 am

i gotta admit, in the 70's-90's i believed in ufos, but i don't anymore. i belive there is life in outer space because it is infinite......but here in 2010, when technology is at an incedible high...the new ufo shows on tv show clips of "ufos" that look like its still 1972!!!

i always said those crop circles was frauds, and i was right....if alien life forms come near earth or land on it............it'll be on you tube within 5 minutes!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/01/10 at 3:56 am

I think it's possible for it to happen although I've never seen one personally.  My mom and dad and hubby all have seen some.

Hubby and I went to Kecksburg, Pennsylvania recently for a fireman's festival.  Back in the 60s, there supposedly was a UFO crash.  Years later Unsolved Mysteries came to town to film a recreation of the crash and when filming was done, the donated the model of the UFO to the town.  Now it's a statue there.  Here's a photo of it.  For what it's worth.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_2113.jpghttp://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_2114.jpghttp://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_2118.jpg

Written By: dogwelder on 10/01/10 at 11:22 pm

i always thought it was cool when a small town does this for a touring attraction....when i lived in vegas i visited rachel, nevada. great ufo store there!!

not for nothing BM4E, those pics are great...............i can come up with some funny captions for them..........the model's shape is ...umm..................unique!! :o

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/02/10 at 2:07 am

i always thought it was cool when a small town does this for a touring attraction....when i lived in vegas i visited rachel, nevada. great ufo store there!!

not for nothing BM4E, those pics are great...............i can come up with some funny captions for them..........the model's shape is ...umm..................unique!! :o

My hubby (and his friend) want to visit Rachel someday, maybe this spring if we can save up enough money to drive.  I wanna go because I can finally get to Vegas.  ;D  I think Rachel has a little diner with alien stuff called the little Ale-e inn or something cute like that.

About my pictures, I've heard it called "The flying Acorn", so it might have been manned by alien squirrels for all I know.  :D

Written By: dogwelder on 10/02/10 at 2:28 am

:o

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/02/10 at 5:54 pm

Just remember, you haven't fully experienced the deserts of Nevada until you've gone a little bit to the east, taken your picture at the sign that says photography's permitted, and if you're lucky, given a wave and a thumbs-up to the camo dudes watching you before you turn it around and head back to civilization.  The Little A'Le'Inn is the perfect top-off to the day.

For all I like to gripe about post-9/11 America... it's still the only country in which the areas adjacent to one of its most important aircraft testing ranges are considered tourist attractions.  How cool is that? :)

Attention Aliens: Just follow the signs to the KFC, and pay no attention to the pink hominids chowing down on the delicious burgers after a hard day's driving through the middle of nowhere just for a 5-minute goofy photo-op.  (The more KFC they eat, the more burgers there are for us!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/03/10 at 1:03 am

The difference is Nebraskans look up in the sky, New Yorkers look down at the pavement.  That's why there are still questions about 9/11.  Too few people were watching! 

Check for new replies or respond here...