inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone here listen to George Noory at night?

Written By: 80sfan on 02/18/13 at 11:59 pm

Does anyone here listen to AM radio George Noory at night when they're bored??

:D

I do.

Subject: Re: Anyone here listen to George Noory at night?

Written By: chiefyamick on 02/19/13 at 4:26 pm

All the time!!! Although, not because I'm bored...I enjoy the program, to be honest... :D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/20/13 at 11:19 am

All the time!!! Although, not because I'm bored...I enjoy the program, to be honest... :D

Yeah, when I can't sleep I listen to it. I can't say I believe everything they feed me, but I do believe some of it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/20/13 at 12:08 pm

Not a whole lot anymore, but I used to listen to Art Bell quite a bit 12-15 years ago when I was long-haul trucking.

Once I was driving on this rural highway in Kentucky at night listening to Coast To Coast With Art Bell, and the topic for the night was Freemasonry and Art was encouraging Masons to call in and explain to his listeners more about the organization. After several calls I learned that after someone serves enough time as a Mason they can get promoted to the level of "Master Mason."  And as the night went on and I kept hearing people talking about "Master Masons," well, "Master Mason" sounds a lot like something else and after a while, whenever someone called in and used that term I'd start cracking up.

Well, I wasn't the only one thinking that because finally some smartass kid called in and said, "Hey Art, my mom warned me about Master Masons. She said they'll make you go blind!"

I laughed so hard I almost drove my truck off the road.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/20/13 at 11:31 pm

Not a whole lot anymore, but I used to listen to Art Bell quite a bit 12-15 years ago when I was long-haul trucking.

Once I was driving on this rural highway in Kentucky at night listening to Coast To Coast With Art Bell, and the topic for the night was Freemasonry and Art was encouraging Masons to call in and explain to his listeners more about the organization. After several calls I learned that after someone serves enough time as a Mason they can get promoted to the level of "Master Mason."  And as the night went on and I kept hearing people talking about "Master Masons," well, "Master Mason" sounds a lot like something else and after a while, whenever someone called in and used that term I'd start cracking up.

Well, I wasn't the only one thinking that because finally some smartass kid called in and said, "Hey Art, my mom warned me about Master Masons. She said they'll make you go blind!"

I laughed so hard I almost drove my truck off the road.  ;D

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/13 at 10:23 pm

I too have fond memories of night driving with Art Bell.  I used to toggle between Art Bell and the Holy Roller station out of Wheeling!
8)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/07/13 at 10:52 am

Back in 1998 I had a dedicated route between Omaha and Danville, Illinois and since it was an overnight run I listened to Coast To Coast with Art Bell almost every night. This was when the Internet was in its infancy, and a lot of his shows had to do with technology and the Internet, not to mention that this was where I first really started hearing websites advertised on the radio. It was Art Bell's show, more than anything else, that really piqued my curiosity about the Web and inspired me to buy a new computer and get online.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/13 at 12:33 pm

I too have fond memories of night driving with Art Bell.  I used to toggle between Art Bell and the Holy Roller station out of Wheeling!
8)

I think by 2003 was when George Noory took over.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/13 at 12:34 pm

Back in 1998 I had a dedicated route between Omaha and Danville, Illinois and since it was an overnight run I listened to Coast To Coast with Art Bell almost every night. This was when the Internet was in its infancy, and a lot of his shows had to do with technology and the Internet, not to mention that this was where I first really started hearing websites advertised on the radio. It was Art Bell's show, more than anything else, that really piqued my curiosity about the Web and inspired me to buy a new computer and get online.

I didn't even have internet until 2000. But yeah I did hear of it by 1998 ALOT!

Check for new replies or respond here...