inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Balls of fire...in the sky

Written By: violet_shy on 06/22/17 at 8:24 pm

Has anyone else seen them? They are balls of fire in the sky. I saw one 4 years ago with my parents. It was night time and the sky was cleared out. I think it was around or close to 9:00 pm. This was in the Summer. So anyway, it appeared in the sky. It was fire and perfectly round. It stopped for a few minutes as soon as we looked up at it. Then it moved again and became smaller. Until it was completely gone. Still wondering what it was :(  I hope I see more of them.

Subject: Re: Balls of fire...in the sky

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/22/17 at 8:31 pm

In all my years I have never seen a meteor shower, but I wish too, like the Northern Lights.

Written By: nally on 06/23/17 at 4:03 pm

In all my years I have never seen a meteor shower, but I wish too, like the Northern Lights.

My parents got to see the Northern Lights on their vacation trip in September of 2015. They were in the area around Iceland, which made it possible.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/23/17 at 4:44 pm

I guess it kinda does sound like I'm talking about meteors here lol. But this wasn't a meteor. It completely stopped when I was looking up at it. And then moved again. That was 4 years ago...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/17 at 6:35 pm

I guess it kinda does sound like I'm talking about meteors here lol. But this wasn't a meteor. It completely stopped when I was looking up at it. And then moved again. That was 4 years ago...
Was it reported in your local press?

Written By: violet_shy on 06/23/17 at 7:13 pm

Was it reported in your local press?

Hm, I don't think it was. I think we were the only ones that saw it. I was looking on Youtube and there is this one video of it just like the one I had seen. Well, if you ever do see one post it here!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/17 at 7:26 pm

Hm, I don't think it was. I think we were the only ones that saw it. I was looking on Youtube and there is this one video of it just like the one I had seen. Well, if you ever do see one post it here!
What is the URL of the one video you saw on YouTube?

Written By: karen on 06/25/17 at 1:22 pm

Was it weather that might result in a thunderstorm?  There is an effect called ball lightning that is really rare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/25/18 at 3:45 pm

Is there anything now online about your sighting?

Check for new replies or respond here...