inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you believe in past lives?

Written By: 90s Guy on 07/05/18 at 6:00 pm

I kinda do. I've always felt, ever since I was a kid, an unusually strong connection to a very specific era of time - roughly 1957 through 1964. I can't explain it. I feel almost emotional about that period, like nostalgia yet I wasn't alive then. Little flashes of things of that time hit my mind now and again. I don't 100% believe in past lives - perhaps these are ancestral memories passed down (I believe there are legit scientific theories on this, at least in animals), but the idea is tantalizing to me.

What about you?

Subject: Re: Do you believe in past lives?

Written By: CupidTheStupid on 07/05/18 at 6:02 pm

No, I think it’s a myth.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/05/18 at 6:03 pm

Personally, I find it really hard to believe that we had a "past life" before. I honestly don't feel nostalgia for any time period that I wasn't alive for.

Written By: 2001 on 07/05/18 at 6:07 pm

That's a no for me.

Written By: Wobo on 07/05/18 at 6:10 pm

The only past life I had was yesterday and it ended at 12:00AM.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/18 at 6:44 pm

Yes.

Cat

Written By: meesa on 07/06/18 at 6:30 pm

It certainly makes more sense than the heaven/hell scenario

Written By: violet_shy on 11/09/21 at 8:03 pm

Yes.

I lived a past life, a previous incarnation before this one. I still have memories of that life...I don't know why. I can't say when or how exactly my previous life ended, but I know for certain it was in the 1970s. Which makes sense because I was born in 1980. Also, I can remember faces of people I have never seen in this life. I remember toys I use to have in my previous childhood and when looking them up found that they were from the 1950s-60s. One time, I felt myself in my past incarnation as a child looking down at a doll which I later found out was a vintage doll from the 1960s. It felt so familiar and peaceful.

It never messes with my mind though. I have made peace with it, what more can I do? Not sure if I had a life before that one since I don't remember anything else that could have been from before that incarnation.

That saying, "We only live once" is simply not true. I think some people reincarnate, and others don't.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/09/21 at 8:56 pm

Absolutely not

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/09/21 at 11:09 pm

Absolutely not
The same with me, unless memory can be inherited?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/09/21 at 11:21 pm

The same with me, unless memory can be inherited?

There is a scientific theory that memory is genetic. That it can, in fact, be inherited. For years it was referred to as "race memory", but now often goes by "genetic memory" or "ancestral memory".

"Some people receive family heirlooms from their ancestors: historic jewelry, trinkets, vintage clothes, sentimental photographs, and other mementos which are passed down from generation to generation. But scientists are beginning to discover that we may be inheriting much more from our grandparents than the contents of their attic. New studies suggest that some of our memories, fears, and behaviors are passed down genetically through generations from our ancestors."

- www.buzzworthy.com/memories-dna-grandparents/

Written By: violet_shy on 11/11/21 at 2:19 pm

I know everything about that life now.

It came to me as I napped earlier today. It felt like sleep paralysis, but only without the uneasiness. It was more peaceful.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/16/21 at 3:15 am

I learned everything about my past life through sleep paralysis, and dream like flashbacks... it happened while I napped a few days ago. I had another name during that life(which is still my name. My spirit guide called me by that name). I even know how my life ended,  it explains my fear of the color black. I did not have a life before that one because I have no memories of it or anything from before the 50s.

Reincarnation is strange. But it's very real. Some people don't believe it, that's expected and normal. But I know better!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/18/21 at 3:32 am

My spirit guide told me all about my past life. I was born in 1955, and my name was Vicmarie. My guide always calls me by that name still. I like it very much.

Check for new replies or respond here...