inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Spirit Box

Written By: Howard on 07/23/20 at 7:59 am

http://www.ghoststop.com/v/vspfiles/photos/EVP-PSB7-2T.jpg

Now here is an object that freaked me out when I was watching a video about the gadget, this here is called The Spirit Box, it's a device that locates ghosts and spirits and lets other people communicate with the deceased, I was listening to it and the stuff that came out of it from watching the video terrified me afterwards, this is not quite a Jenga but if some of you have friends or family members that have passed away and want to communicate with them on the other side, you could look into it if you want to, Do any of you believe in these things like a Ouija or a Spirit Box?

Subject: Re: The Spirit Box

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/23/20 at 1:27 pm

Now here is an object that freaked me out when I was watching a video about the gadget, this here is called The Spirit Box, it's a device that locates ghosts and spirits and lets other people communicate with the deceased, I am so convinced that this works that listening to it terrified me afterwards, this is not quite a Jenga but if some of you have friends or family members that have passed away and want to communicate with them on the other side, you might want to try it.

You are so convinced that it works? Who did you contact? A deceased friend or relative? What did they say?

Written By: Howard on 07/23/20 at 2:19 pm

You are so convinced that it works? Who did you contact? A deceased friend or relative? What did they say?

I was convinced by watching the video, Voice, have you tried these things like a Ouija or a Spirit Box?  ???

I don't own the gadget but one day I would like to purchase them.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/23/20 at 3:24 pm

I was convinced by watching the video, Voice, have you tried these things like a Jenga or a Spirit Box?  ???

I don't own the gadget but one day I would like to purchase them.

I thought Jenga was a game with blocks. I can't find anything online about it having anything to do with contacting dead people.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/20 at 8:15 am

I thought Jenga was a game with blocks. I can't find anything online about it having anything to do with contacting dead people.

Sorry I meant Ouija Board, have you used one before?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-eO92ABfq2I/maxresdefault.jpg

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/24/20 at 8:27 am

Sorry I meant Ouija Board, have you used one before?

Yes. They don't work in the least. Any movement comes from the mind of the people with their hands on the planchette and                                                                 
absolutely nowhere else. They are very nice to look at though. Here's a website with many of them:

www.museumoftalkingboards.com/

I made one myself in the early 70s.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/24/20 at 11:24 am

Yes. They don't work in the least. Any movement comes from the mind of the people with their hands on the planchette and                                                                 
absolutely nowhere else. They are very nice to look at though. Here's a website with many of them:

I don’t believe in them. I tried one once just to entertain someone I was dating. She swore it was moving on it’s own but I could see the muscle in her arm doing the work.

The device in the first pic I would think is no more than an emf detector. They say ghost activity is heightened where there is high emf. But that doesn’t mean high emf causes ghost activity.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/20 at 1:56 pm

My Mother and My Uncle have used one to try to contact my brother's spirit and I think this was a year or 2 after his passing, I have mixed feelings about using a Ouija board.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/20 at 1:58 pm

I don’t believe in them. I tried one once just to entertain someone I was dating. She swore it was moving on it’s own but I could see the muscle in her arm doing the work.

The device in the first pic I would think is no more than an emf detector. They say ghost activity is heightened where there is high emf. But that doesn’t mean high emf causes ghost activity.

Wagon, have you used a Spirit Box before and do you believe you can actually talk to spirits after that person has passed?  ???

Written By: karen on 07/24/20 at 2:02 pm

It seems to be some sort of radio receiver. It scans through the frequencies so I reckon you could easily pick up some radio chatter and it sound like you’d made contact. Plus, it strikes me that you could probably detect a walkie talkie if someone was nearby.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/24/20 at 2:08 pm

It seems to be some sort of radio receiver. It scans through the frequencies so I reckon you could easily pick up some radio chatter and it sound like you’d made contact. Plus, it strikes me that you could probably detect a walkie talkie if someone was nearby.

One time I picked up a hockey game from a nearby radio on a hairdryer. This has happened with toasters also.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 5:50 am

http://www.ghoststop.com/v/vspfiles/photos/EVP-PSB7-2T.jpg

Now here is an object that freaked me out when I was watching a video about the gadget, this here is called The Spirit Box, it's a device that locates ghosts and spirits and lets other people communicate with the deceased, I was listening to it and the stuff that came out of it from watching the video terrified me afterwards, this is not quite a Jenga but if some of you have friends or family members that have passed away and want to communicate with them on the other side, you could look into it if you want to, Do any of you believe in these things like a Ouija or a Spirit Box?
Spooky, but does it tell you who you are in contact with?

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 3:10 pm

Spooky, but does it tell you who you are in contact with?

not really.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 3:11 pm

not really.
Does it tell where the spooks are?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/27/20 at 3:13 pm

not really.

It might be that they have different names when they are dead.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 3:36 pm

Does it tell where the spooks are?

You would have to be in a certain place of where the spirit was.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/27/20 at 3:38 pm

You would have to be in a certain place of where the spirit was.
Then if you know where the spirit is located, you do not need the Spirit box to  tell you?

Written By: Elor on 07/31/20 at 12:16 am

If this was real wouldn't there be a lot of people using them and wouldn't there be a lot of media coverage for that? I mean getting into contact with deceased would be a huge thing for all kinds of people (police investigating murders for example). But there is nothing. Absolutely nothing from trustworthy sources. So you can bet that this thing is 100% fraud. ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/31/20 at 7:59 am

If this was real wouldn't there be a lot of people using them and wouldn't there be a lot of media coverage for that? I mean getting into contact with deceased would be a huge thing for all kinds of people (police investigating murders for example). But there is nothing. Absolutely nothing from trustworthy sources. So you can bet that this thing is 100% fraud. ;)

You got that right.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/31/20 at 8:18 am

You got that right.

It can't even locate Jelly Shoes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/31/20 at 8:46 am

It can't even locate Jelly Shoes!
We have to hold a seance.

Written By: Howard on 07/31/20 at 1:33 pm

We have to hold a seance.

The Spirit of The Jelly.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/05/20 at 4:58 am

The Spirit of The Jelly.
Will the jelly wobble on the Ouija Board?

Check for new replies or respond here...