inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: People who know it all

Written By: violet_shy on 03/17/21 at 7:55 pm

I met with a medium earlier today...not because I wanted to. He was grocery shopping and started talking to me. He was about middle aged. Thankfully we were both wearing masks so it was safe. Anyway, he asked me why I have been avoiding my past. Why I refuse to accept what my heart tells me. At first I didn't understand what he was trying to ask me and I kept thinking maybe he was a mental patient. I wanted to get away so fast. But I just stood there smiling big like an idiot. He asked me if I was aware that I lived a past life. My heart sank. Then I asked him how he knew that. He told me I was born in 1952 and I died around 1979 in the Spring. He even told me how I died but I won't post that. It scared me so much, so I made some lame obvious gestures that I had to leave. He stared into my eyes continuously. He then told me that I was going to have a great day....and I did! I spent time with my mom and sister and it turned out to be a wonderful day. Not sure if I should believe anything he said. But I have had various dreams where I am holding a vintage type doll. Much like those old dolls from the 50s. But I've never owned one in my life. :(

Sorry if this was too deep everyone. I just needed to talk about it. It's ok if you all think I'm weird lol! Because I am ::)

Subject: Re: People who know it all

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 9:13 am

My only encounter with a medium was several years back, and not going into the personal details the medium gave me, was to be proven wrong over the years.

Written By: Contigo on 03/18/21 at 9:44 am

I met with a medium in the late 1970s, he told me certain events and other things that were going to happen in my life at different ages. So far he was wrong about every single thing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 9:54 am

We have to bring into mind here of William Miller's 'Great Disappointment" of 1844.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/18/21 at 10:10 am

Jeanne Dixon was a very popular psychic of the 60s, 70s & 80s. She rose to fame after more or less predicting the assassination of JFK. If I recall, even Ronald Reagan consulted with her. The Reagans were big on astrology too and used to consult with various astrologers as well.

Jeanne Dixon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeane_Dixon

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/18/21 at 12:06 pm

Jeanne Dixon was a very popular psychic of the 60s, 70s & 80s. She rose to fame after more or less predicting the assassination of JFK. If I recall, even Ronald Reagan consulted with her. The Reagans were big on astrology too and used to consult with various astrologers as well.

Jeanne Dixon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeane_Dixon

I remember seeing her column in the newspaper all the time when I was little. Never understood what it was about at the time.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/21/21 at 2:11 am

If he was right and I think he is, then that would make me 69 years old!

Anyone on here who is 69 or 70, 71? I doubt it but thought I would ask.

This is so weird lol.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/21/21 at 8:04 am

If he was right and I think he is, then that would make me 69 years old!

That's not necessarily correct. How do you know you weren't born and lived even some other time before the 1952-1979 time?

Not to mention that you may be born yet again. Besides, liner time is an illusion. It doesn't make you 69, it makes you eternal. 

Written By: violet_shy on 03/21/21 at 10:08 am

That's not necessarily correct. How do you know you weren't born and lived even some other time before the 1952-1979 time?

Not to mention that you may be born yet again. Besides, liner time is an illusion. It doesn't make you 69, it makes you eternal.

Yes. I suppose you're right.

Maybe I lived in Ancient times!...But that's really not possible. I don't have any dreams or memories of ancient times.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/21/21 at 10:13 am

Yes. I suppose you're right.

Maybe I lived in Ancient times!...But that's really not possible. I don't have any dreams or memories of ancient times.

There is no rule that says one has to have dreams or memories of past lives. in fact, most don't.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/21 at 7:15 am

There is no rule that says one has to have dreams or memories of past lives. in fact, most don't.
My dreams portray (if that is the right word) events, and people from my own life time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/11/21 at 6:51 pm

We have to bring into mind here of William Miller's 'Great Disappointment" of 1844.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Disappointment

I know this is an old post but I did my undergraduate honor's thesis about how the Industrial Revolution led to the Second Great Awakening and I used William Miller & John Humphrey Noyes as case studies. The reason for picking the two of them was because of their association with Vermont. William Miller's homestead is a hop, skip, & a jump from where I am sitting right now. (And Joseph Smith who started the Mormon Church also has roots in Vermont. I found out a few interesting tidbits about him, too.)

FYI: William Miller never gave an actually date-he said about 1844 but it was one of his followers who gave the actual date. And all those people who gave away all their possessions, donned white robes and climbed onto roofs & trees so the ascend into Heaven would be shorter.

Cat 

Subject: People who know it all

Written By: Dude111 on 11/11/21 at 7:13 pm

Hi Jessie,

When I read your message and he asked why have you been avoiding the past I got a strong reason.. You dont wanna relive the pain you had then so your trying to forget it...

Am I close? -- Sometimes I can sense things

Good luck honey :)

Check for new replies or respond here...