inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: soda lovers there may be hope...
Written By: saver on 06/13/05 at 9:17 pm

Hi All,
My AAA of So.  CA Included this place in there travel interest section ...remember the GOOD 'OL PLACES TO GET A TASTY SODA?
At www.sodapopshop.com I FOUND this place that sells old fashioned COCA-COLA made with syrup instead of the corn syrup.
They get it from Mexico...can't wait to try it and many others that may have left YOUR town.

Just an idea that would fit along places no longer aroound..but THERE IS!

Good luck!
Saver
Subject: Re: soda lovers there may be hope...
Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/05 at 8:05 am

Hi All,
My AAA of So.  CA Included this place in there travel interest section ...remember the GOOD 'OL PLACES TO GET A TASTY SODA?
At www.sodapopshop.com I FOUND this place that sells old fashioned COCA-COLA made with syrup instead of the corn syrup.
They get it from Mexico...can't wait to try it and many others that may have left YOUR town.

Just an idea that would fit along places no longer aroound..but THERE IS!

Good luck!
Saver

Mexico? man, you're brave.

There are at least one or two Coke distributors in the US still using real sugar cane, they're not easy to find though.
Subject: Re: soda lovers there may be hope...
Written By: saver on 06/14/05 at 6:01 pm

When I heard the first story of the Mexican Coca cola ingrediants was when  a guy was travelling with a millionaire frpm Texas. They got in his limo to do business and the $$BIg Dollar Guy told his business associate they were riding down to Mexico for some Coke, then was told to relax as this millionaire loved the old recipe so he goes down directly to get some to bring back!

Wel, I made it to the soda store and what was only going to be a try of a six pack of soda turned into 13 bottles of a variety....Moxie Cream Soda, Cold Mountain Creamm, Americana Black Cherry and Root Beer, Bull Dog root Beer, Chocolate Moose Dutch chocolate milk drink, Jeff's Chocolate soda(one of my new faves!), Faygo Cream Soda, and Imported Coca Cola! I'm 1/4 through the load of them! Gotta go for more- spent $21 on it all incl. tax and dep.

YUM :) :) :) :) :)