inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: St. Louis BUSCH MEMORIAL STADIUM is gonna be demolished....
Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/21/05 at 8:15 pm

Busch Memorial Stadium, once home to both the baseball and NFL Football Cardinals, is going to be demolished for a new ballpark.
Why are a lot of older ballparks being torn down? Is SAFETY the reason, or is it that team owners want a new venue?

I hope neither Fenway Park in Boston, Yankee Stadium in NYC, or Wrigley Field in Chicago meet the wrecking ball...they should be made historic sites, a link to baseball's past...
Subject: Re: St. Louis BUSCH MEMORIAL STADIUM is gonna be demolished....
Written By: Alchoholica on 10/21/05 at 9:05 pm

Busch Memorial Stadium, once home to both the baseball and NFL Football Cardinals, is going to be demolished for a new ballpark.
Why are a lot of older ballparks being torn down? Is SAFETY the reason, or is it that team owners want a new venue?

I hope neither Fenway Park in Boston, Yankee Stadium in NYC, or Wrigley Field in Chicago meet the wrecking ball...they should be made historic sites, a link to baseball's past...

Busch stadium is a shithole. It's be torn down for the same reason the Vet was torn down a few years ago. They're awful bowl stadiums.
I appreciate the memorys that go with the place but St. Louis is gonna have a beautiful new stadium (akin to PNC Park in Pittsburgh).
Have you ever been to Busch. Wait, aren't you a Phillies fan? Did you ever go to the Vet? No breeze, no Air, no decent shade.
Fenway and Wrigley won't go until they fall down during a game. Yankee stadium on the other hand.. it might not be knocked down but it wouldn't suprise me if the Yankees were to have a big 70+ thousand seater stadium one day in the future.
Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/22/05 at 12:47 pm

i heard about yankee stadum will be remolding againg but the vet and busch stadium in bowls shape is cool but there is a new busch stadium this time is outdoors
Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 10/22/05 at 1:32 pm

Busch stadium is a shithole. It's be torn down for the same reason the Vet was torn down a few years ago. They're awful bowl stadiums.
I appreciate the memorys that go with the place but St. Louis is gonna have a beautiful new stadium (akin to PNC Park in Pittsburgh).
Have you ever been to Busch. Wait, aren't you a Phillies fan? Did you ever go to the Vet? No breeze, no Air, no decent shade.
Fenway and Wrigley won't go until they fall down during a game. Yankee stadium on the other hand.. it might not be knocked down but it wouldn't suprise me if the Yankees were to have a big 70+ thousand seater stadium one day in the future.
The Phillies and Eagles got new stadiums..Citizens Bank Park for the Phils, and Lincoln Financial Field for the Eagles...yes the Vet was truly in sad shape, at the Army-Navy game,some spectators got hurt when the railing they were leaning against gave way....and the Vet on a hot day was terrible for players as well as fans..I wonder if the 'bowl' stadium caused the problem with the playing field being even hotter than in the stands(A Phillies-Cubs game I attended in 1988 during a monster heat wave it was 130 degrees Farenheit on the field!)..the Vet had an overhang but it was really hard to get seats there,they sold out quickly..and the highest seating(700 Level)  made for lousy viewing..and the Vet was not fully accessible to disabled people...not to mention nowhere near enough rest rooms, especially for women. Yeah both Citizens Bank Park and 'The Linc' are way better.
Written By: Doc Brown on 10/22/05 at 11:26 pm

As I understand it, this board is dedicated to places that can only be seen on film. Rest assured, guys, Busch Stadium is covered. Last fall, the Farelly Bros. went on location in St. Louis to shoot the final scene of this year's romantic-comedy hit, Fever Pitch. Kinda fitting, isn't it, that the Stadium goes down after their team falls to the Boston Red Sox, ending the most legendary losing streak in history!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)
Written By: Alchoholica on 10/22/05 at 11:42 pm

As I understand it, this board is dedicated to places that can only be seen on film. Rest assured, guys, Busch Stadium is covered. Last fall, the Farelly Bros. went on location in St. Louis to shoot the final scene of this year's romantic-comedy hit, Fever Pitch. Kinda fitting, isn't it, that the Stadium goes down after their team falls to the Red Sox, ending the most legendary losing streak in history!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Don't worry Doc.

We'll see the new stadium in with a win!

We got unfinished business, two years with the best record but no World Series win.

Watch out league, next year.. we're comin'.. To Fight!
Written By: nally on 11/03/05 at 3:20 pm

Yes I heard that the stadium is gonna be dismantled and that the Cardinals will be playing in a brand new stadium come 2006... what's it gonna be called?
Written By: Alchoholica on 11/03/05 at 3:40 pm

what's it gonna be called?

Busch Stadium  ;D
Written By: nally on 11/05/05 at 3:00 pm

Busch Stadium
Written By: Alchoholica on 11/06/05 at 1:06 am

As in "The New Busch Stadium"?

Correct..

But.. just "Busch Stadium"
Written By: nally on 11/07/05 at 4:33 pm

Correct..

But.. just "Busch Stadium"

Okay. I got it now. ;)
Written By: Doc Brown on 05/22/07 at 9:57 pm

Don't worry Doc.

We'll see the new stadium in with a win!

We got unfinished business, two years with the best record but no World Series win.

Watch out league, next year.. we're comin'.. To Fight!

Well Al, I don't know if you'll ever see this, but when you're right, you're right. OK, you had to wait for the White Sox to end an even longer drought, but even as a Red Sox fan, I was quite happy to see the Cardinals take the trophy home. Well done, St. Louis!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)