inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Scary attraction here in Southern NJ..Brigantine Castle is no more
Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/05/05 at 7:07 pm

I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of Brigantine Castle...It was a spook-house that opened in Brigantine, NJ in the early 1970's but was closed in the 1980's because the pier it was built on was supposedly unsafe...and it ended up burning down. How sad. The cast has reunions from time to time, but it's not like going through the Castle..I went through in July 1978..and it WAS scary. Here's a link to check out...http://www.darkinthepark.com/Brigantine/Lives/lives.htm
Subject: Re: Scary attraction here in Southern NJ..Brigantine Castle is no more
Written By: Drachen on 11/25/05 at 2:26 pm

I remember Brigantine Castle, went through it once back around 76 or 77.

Wasn't there one room where the floor moved like a conveyer belt and flung you into
a break-away door, leading into a room with a lot of black light and glow-in-the-dark bats?

That's what I seem to remember when I'm recounting the experience to my psychatrist.  :D
Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/25/05 at 9:09 pm

I remember the Rat Room and the Lizzie Borden room where the actors chanted "lizzie borden with an ax, gave her mother forty whacks" and then they started 'chopping' patrons with fake axes...
Written By: saver on 11/26/05 at 9:54 pm

See my comments on the site of spook houses no longer existing..there is a site for former amusement park spook houses/rides giving a tour of how it went what they used to contain and how VANDALS from the neighborhood would break into the park and destroy it all...won't give away the surprise as to what one spookhouse had different than any other.....Unless of course you ask...... :o
Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/26/05 at 10:20 pm

See my comments on the site of spook houses no longer existing..there is a site for former amusement park spook houses/rides giving a tour of how it went what they used to contain and how VANDALS from the neighborhood would break into the park and destroy it all...won't give away the surprise as to what one spookhouse had different than any other.....Unless of course you ask...... :o
When Brigantine Castle shut down, people took props and stuff as souvenirs..there's a restaurant in Brigantine that has pictures of Brigantine Castle and some of the pilfered props!
Written By: duranchick on 12/06/05 at 2:22 pm

I remembet the Castle too.  I never went, but remember seeing the TV commercials.  They were even scary!