inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Little Ceasars?!
Written By: Classie83 on 01/22/06 at 9:56 pm

Always remember seeing the commercials...never see them anymore.
Subject: Re: Little Ceasars?!
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/22/06 at 10:32 pm

you talking about the pizza place? I remember those commercials. There are hardly any of those around anymore (at least here in Pa)...the only one that I know of is located inside our local Kmart store.
Written By: whistledog on 01/22/06 at 10:55 pm

All of the ones around here (within like a 200km radius atleast) all closed down  :\'(

They had the best Pizza  :)

I remember that one stupid commercial they did where that kid with the X-ray specs is looking at that hot woman carrying a bag with crazy bread.  He says to her "Wow!  You got alot of pepperoni in your bread"  ;D
Written By: marc42 on 01/24/06 at 6:57 pm

Hmmm...we have one here in Flagstaff, AZ.

It's out of the way, so I never go. But sometimes I have business in the neighborhood and think about dropping by for a lunch slice.

We used to have another one more in the heart of town. I know towards the end of that shop, they stopped the "Pizza Pizza" gimmick and just had single pies. I always liked having an excuse to buy two pizzas and have leftovers.
Written By: nally on 01/25/06 at 2:09 pm

I remember them being around during the early 90's...the animated advertising icon (a little guy) always said the tag line, "Pizza Pizza!"
Written By: Webstor on 01/25/06 at 6:17 pm

Little Caesar's HAD great Pizza.
Almost all of them closed down around us numerous years ago because most of them went bankrupt.
But we have one that just opened up again within the past year....but the pizza is not a s good.  They dont come as square pizzas anymore and u dont get two for the price of one.
Written By: Valeur on 01/26/06 at 5:49 pm

They still exist. You people just need to use the internet to find them. Try google maps and their website.
Written By: whistledog on 01/26/06 at 11:08 pm

They still exist. You people just need to use the internet to find them. Try google maps and their website.

Yes, but if they don't exist in your area, what can you do.  It's not like people will drive like 5,000 miles just for pizza ;D
Written By: nally on 01/27/06 at 1:24 am

[quote author=whis
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/27/06 at 7:48 am

Or any type of food for that matter. ::) I see tv commercials for some joint called Sonic all the time and there ain't no Sonic in So-Cal :P

those are popular down south, I believe. I know that when I go to my relatives in South Carolina...there are some down there. We don't have one here either. They are pretty good though....kinda neat...it's a carhop, you can either order from your car...or most of them have tables outside where you can sit and eat.
Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 01/28/06 at 10:44 am

I used to love Little Ceasar's! They had the best pizza. I used to love the silly TV commercials they made! Some funny stuff!  ;D
Written By: nally on 01/28/06 at 1:13 pm

I used to love Little Ceasar's! They had the best pizza. I used to love the silly TV commercials they made! Some funny stuff!  ;D

I always cracked up hearing the animated advertising mascot saying "Pizza Pizza!"

Those commercials, I actually LIKED watching. Including a few others that were on during the early 90's.
Written By: chiefyamick on 01/29/06 at 12:30 am

We've still got one not too far from my house. You're right, the pizza isn't as good as it used to be. But they've got this deal right now where you can go and pick up ready-made pizzas (cheese, sausage or pepperoni) for like 3 or four bucks. works out real nice for us poor working slobs sometimes. I do however, feel bad for the unfortunate empolyee who is lucky enough to get to stand out in the road with the big sandwich board to advertise the special. It wouldn't be all that bad but I'm in Wisconsin and it can get a little brutal when winter decides to show up!!
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/29/06 at 1:24 am

the one that is located inside our local Kmart store has a 2 large pizzas for $10 special....it's okay...but not as good as it used to be.
Written By: gmann on 01/29/06 at 11:42 pm

I don't think there are any LC's in my old hometown or 'round here anymore. One of my fave TV ads of all time was courtesy of LC, circa 1987:

Man in pizza shop: "Can I get two pizzas for one low price?"

Pizza dude: "Well, think of it as a pizza...and a box!"

Man: "What am I going to do with a box?"

Dude: "Ever hear of oragami?" (commences wildly folding/unfolding pizza box and presents the finished product to the would-be customer.)

Man: "What's that?"

Dude: "A pterodactyl." (begins a weird "pterodactly" call and plays with the paper dinosaur.)

Man: "A what?..."

I dunno. Now that I've wasted time typing this from memory, I'm convinced the ad is better suited on the small screen than on a web site. I guess you had to be there.  ::) LC's always had the funniest ads.

Written By: whistledog on 01/29/06 at 11:48 pm

the one that is located inside our local Kmart store has a 2 large pizzas for $10 special....it's okay...but not as good as it used to be.

The last time I was in New York State, I noticed they had a Little Caesar's inside K-Mart.  Is this a common thing across America I wonder?

All of the K-Mart's around here closed down about 8 years ago  :\'(
Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 02/03/06 at 12:55 am

The reason you guys cant hardly find Little Ceasars anymore is because they have been slowly going out of business since the mid 90's when the quality of their pizza went extremely downhill. I'm not sure what caused the quality change, whether it was change of ownership, buying food products from different companies, or something else. But the change destroyed the loyalty with their customers. The square 2 for 1 pizzas, crazy bread, and good spaghetti put them on the map in the early 90's. Now their pizzas are worse than frozen pizza, the crazy bread is bland, and they officially have the worst spaghetti on earth. They now do basically zero promotion, and cater to mostly poor people that cant afford to eat at the good quality places like Pizza Hut, Round Table, Rico's, and several others. They now rely on workers to stand on street corners with large signs begging you to eat their cheap and bland pizza.  I predict that within 2 years Little Ceasars doesn't exist. A sad ending to what was once a great franchise.
Subject: No 2 for One?
Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/01/06 at 12:23 am

Little Caesar's HAD great Pizza.
Almost all of them closed down around us numerous years ago because most of them went bankrupt.
But we have one that just opened up again within the past year....but the pizza is not a s good.  They dont come as square pizzas anymore and u dont get two for the price of one.

They're doomed then. Except for their "crazy bread" their food was more quanity over quality. The idea of LC reminds me during the 80's when dad would get paid and we'd get pizza, snacks, and I usually blew my allowance at K-Mart or some other store they were shopping at.
Written By: STAR70 on 03/08/06 at 10:09 pm

the Little Caesars of Alhambra CA has a carry-out special:
large 1 topping pizza $5. gobble gobble!!!!
Written By: STAR70 on 03/08/06 at 10:11 pm

[quote author=whis
Written By: Kryllith on 04/26/06 at 11:35 am

Or any type of food for that matter. ::) I see tv commercials for some joint called Sonic all the time and there ain't no Sonic in So-Cal :P

There's a ton of them (like 10) in Bakersfield according to the Sonic webpage, which granted is middle inland Cal more than southern Cal. However, there is apparently one in Anaheim too. We've tons of Sonic's here though (Oklahoma); I'll trade to you every one of them for a single In and Out...

Oh, back on the topic, we've at least one Little Caesar's pizza here too. Their big deal nowadays is the "Hot and Ready" pizza for $5 (basically ready made large cheese or pepperoni pizzas that you can go in, pick one up quickly, and head out again).

Kryllith
Written By: nally on 04/26/06 at 1:03 pm

There's a ton of them (like 10) in Bakersfield according to the Sonic webpage, which granted is middle inland Cal more than southern Cal. However, there is apparently one in Anaheim too. We've tons of Sonic's here though (Oklahoma); I'll trade to you every one of them for a single In and Out...

Well I haven't found ANY of them in Los Angeles County or Ventura County.

As for In&Out, I'll keep those, thank you very much.
Written By: Kryllith on 04/27/06 at 12:58 pm

C'mon! Just one? Heck, I'll even run the place. :D

Kryllith
Written By: Jeff Steele on 04/28/06 at 5:19 am

It seems that Little Caesar's Pizza is making a comeback in the Jackson area.  There are at least three newly-opened Little Caesar's pizzerias.
Written By: azgypsy on 04/29/06 at 3:17 pm

I liked the candy they sold there. Does anybody else remember those. They were shaped like ravoli and they were white chocolate on the outside (like pasta) and milk chocolate on the inside (like meat). They were so good. I loved them! I also liked the Baby Pan Pan. Two small pizzas, great for one person. Used to make a meal of that a lot. This was in South Florida. I don't know if it's still there or not. They used to have a LC near me in Phoenix and then it closed down. I heard they opened up another one at a different location. I haven't been to that one yet.
Written By: nally on 04/29/06 at 11:15 pm

I'll have to check my local phone book to see if there's any near me. There may or may not be. :-\\
Written By: P.E.D. on 08/14/06 at 11:26 am

One just opened literally a block from me about a year and a half ago..I thought I was seing things.  There were a few LC's here in Columbus until about 1997 when they suddenly went pooof. There are still a few LC's in Kmarts here but I don't think they will last much longer, but I think they were doing alright about 10 years ago. The LC that recently opened definitely DOES cater to the lower and lower-middle class folks in this area..it is pickup only and I frequently see people who don't have an auto walking by my house or to the bus stop with a couple pizzas (here in Ohio, everyone has a car and if not you are POOOR..I miss boston!) Five bucks for a "Hot N Ready" cheese or pepperoni. Even Domino's would charge $10 for one and takes a bit longer. I have a friend who is a LC manager in Dayton and evidently, Dayton and Detroit are still good markets for LC. I've had it a few times and as far as quality, could be better but not bad for the price.
Written By: Wiffle on 08/20/06 at 11:05 pm

We have Little Caesars here in North Texas. My husband worked at Little Caesars many years ago and swears the ingredients were quality. This from a man who eats "raw" hot dogs. I never cared for LC's when I lived in California because the pizza ingredients seemed over processed to me, more like meat-flavored nuggets. Anyway, we have a location in a fairly new strip center here, and sometimes a guy is out on the side of the road with a sign that says $5 for a large pepperoni.

We have Sonic here too, all over the place, but sadly no In N Out Burger. Usually, when we travel to a place that has In N Out, I scope out the locations and get my fix.
Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 09/12/06 at 8:05 pm

I think they used to have the best pepperoni, but not overall pizza. I still remember the good old days, when they had a huge cardboard box, with two sides to it. Then around the mid-90's, they changed to just regular single boxes.
Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/13/06 at 10:26 am

There is one down the street from job and its NOT located in a K-mart ( which BTW- the majority of those closed up shop in So. Cal).  I used to love getting the crazy bread and sauce. Dang it, now I'm craving those.
Written By: Roadgeek on 09/14/06 at 10:13 pm

We used to have Little Caears around here, but they went away. However, a new one opened back up in my area earlier this year.
Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/06/06 at 6:34 pm

We use to have several. Our school use to have them delivered on special days or fundraisers. I remember they'd come in long boxes and the pizza would be square cut. I think we still have one at our nearest K-mart in Oakley, but I haven't been to that K-mart in some years, so I could be mistaken. We do have one on E. 18th St. in my former hometown of Antioch.
Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/06/06 at 9:12 pm

There are a bunch of them around Salt Lake, and it is my absolute favorite.  I don't know if it's a local thing, but the quality is great.  You can get a large pepperoni for $5!  We get it at least once a month.
Written By: Davester on 11/07/06 at 6:20 am

There was a Little Caesar's in Vallejo for many years.  Man, can't remember if it's still there...

Aways put in an order of those bread sticks (cheesey bread?) and dipping sauce.  Delicious..!
Written By: DJ Midas on 11/08/06 at 10:03 pm

There's one about 2 miles from my house, not in a K-Mart.  I haven't had Little Caesar's for about 12 years.
Written By: Lindee on 11/15/06 at 12:51 pm

The weird thing is I don't see many commercials for Little  Ceasars, but they are all  over the place. I see alot of Dominos commercials but there are hardly any around anymore.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/06 at 2:09 pm

The weird thing is I don't see many commercials for Little  Ceasars, but they are all  over the place. I see alot of Dominos commercials but there are hardly any around anymore.

we only have one Little Caeser's pizza place around here, and it happens to be within our Big Kmart store. As far as Domino's....the ones that we had around here are all going out of business...I haven't seen one in awhile.
Written By: wndysbg on 11/16/06 at 1:34 am

We just had Little Cesars last night - well my husband and kids did.  (I prefer Mt. Mike's pizza - that is GOOD pizza.) Anyway,  Little Cesars is cheap and great to get for kid/school parties because you can get A LOT of pizza for a very good price. We only have one in town, but it is always busy as is the one Dominoes.  Round Table is the one I wish we still had - they closed up and left.
Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/06 at 4:29 pm

Was LC as bad...or worse than..Papa Gino's?

Nausea! Nausea!