inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Subject: Postcards/Pictures Wanted
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/06/07 at 11:00 pm

Hey guys!

I have a request.....I am looking for old postcards that have anything to do with roadside attractions, Rt. 66, defunct places, old amusement parks, diners, old motel/hotels,.... anything of that nature. If any of you have any that you would be willing to part with...I would appreciate so much if you would send them my way. I am working on a project for my kitchen (which I am turning into a retro diner style)....and this would come in handy for what I am planning on doing. If you guys have any...you can either post here...or PM me.

Thanks a bunch!! :)
Subject: Re: Postcards/Pictures Wanted
Written By: ChuckyG on 02/07/07 at 10:40 am

Hey guys!

I have a request.....I am looking for old postcards that have anything to do with roadside attractions, Rt. 66, defunct places, old amusement parks, diners, old motel/hotels,.... anything of that nature. If any of you have any that you would be willing to part with...I would appreciate so much if you would send them my way. I am working on a project for my kitchen (which I am turning into a retro diner style)....and this would come in handy for what I am planning on doing. If you guys have any...you can either post here...or PM me.

I may have some from the Mohawk Trail.  I framed 6 or so for my kitchen, but I have a bunch of others from Massachusetts.  Plymouth Rock, and a bunch of other similar ones.  I'll look around for them.
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/07/07 at 10:53 am

I may have some from the Mohawk Trail.  I framed 6 or so for my kitchen, but I have a bunch of others from Massachusetts.  Plymouth Rock, and a bunch of other similar ones.  I'll look around for them.

oh that's cool...thanks Chucky! :)
Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/07 at 2:27 pm

Hey guys!

We just sold a big lot of post cards are ebay. Sorry.

Cat
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/08/07 at 12:45 am

We just sold a big lot of post cards are ebay. Sorry.

Cat

aww, that's okay Cat...you had no way of knowing. :)
Written By: jackas on 05/01/07 at 8:59 pm

Oh...my sister sent me this cool website.  Of course I'm sure you've seen it before...

Just click on a state and the county you want to check out.  I found some interesting ones from the area I grew up in.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/special/ppcs/ppcs.html
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/01/07 at 10:20 pm

Oh...my sister sent me this cool website.  Of course I'm sure you've seen it before...

Just click on a state and the county you want to check out.  I found some interesting ones from the area I grew up in.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/special/ppcs/ppcs.html

that is awesome, Chrissy! I've never heard of that site before...I bookmarked it so that I can look at it a lot. Thanks for that link! :)
Written By: jackas on 05/01/07 at 10:32 pm

that is awesome, Chrissy! I've never heard of that site before...I bookmarked it so that I can look at it a lot. Thanks for that link! :)

As soon as I saw that website I thought of you. :)  I knew I had to post it somewhere for you and then I came on here and saw this thread...perfect!
Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/01/07 at 10:34 pm

As soon as I saw that website I thought of you. :)  I knew I had to post it somewhere for you and then I came on here and saw this thread...perfect!

yes...it is definitely my "cup of tea"...thanks again! :)
Written By: gemini on 05/02/07 at 4:52 pm

Love that link! The main building of the place my husband grew up is on one of the Ohio postcards.