inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help

Written By: Josh2 on 04/24/04 at 12:46 pm

Hey, can anyone tell me where they get there lyricless music for their recorded aprodies on amiright?

Subject: Re: Help

Written By: neminem on 04/24/04 at 4:21 pm

Occasionally you can find them on filesharing programs searching for karaoke, but mostly I think people have to do it the way Weird Al does - recording them themselves. But talk to Rick D, he was talking earlier about helping people out with that - recording instrumentals himself for people to vocalize over.

Written By: philbo on 04/24/04 at 4:21 pm

Either KazaaLite (searching for karaoke as part of the title) or using DeFX devocalising add-on for Winamp: this has been a bit hit-and-miss, though.

Written By: MarthaDTox on 04/25/04 at 9:12 am

I use a lot of pre recorded CDs sold in conjunction with guitar tutor books .. Jam with and Play along with etc. These are usually good recordings with proper instruments not just a guy with a synthesiser..They usually have a full version of the number withour the lyrics plus a version without the guitar part. Otherwise some Karaoke companies do have good quality prerecorded tracks but be careful.. lots of them follow the original completely so if there is a chorus you will often find that the chorus is there in the Karaoke version> I have never found a clean version of a backing track without the chorus to 'American Pie' for example.  hey does anybody know where I can get one..??
I do gigs using these recordings fed into a PA and  I just add vocals or other (sax) parts to them.

Check for new replies or respond here...