inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Desolation Row revisited...

Written By: Meriadoc on 04/24/04 at 4:58 pm

Pippin and I have finally finished and submitted a parody of Desolation Row called: "Dylanesquine Prose." It should be up tomorrow or Monday, whenever the next parodies are posted. :)

Subject: Re: Desolation Row revisited...

Written By: MarthaDTox on 04/25/04 at 9:23 am

Oh great I look forward to reading it....

Written By: philbo on 04/25/04 at 2:47 pm

Well done, M&P - I've nearly finished one, and scrapped another (I tried doing a semi-serious MMR parody, called "Vaccination Row", but childhood autism doesn't lend itself well to humour and it was getting rather depressing).  Anyway, "Medication Now" will be turning up soon, now that my ****ing hard disk is working again.

Written By: meow78223 on 04/25/04 at 9:24 pm

Mine is also complete, should be on amiright tomorrow. It's about John Kerry who loves to -- what else? -- "Desecrate The Host"!!!

McVey

Written By: Tim Hall on 04/25/04 at 11:35 pm

I can't wait to see all of these new Desolation row parodies, since i was the one who submitted one first.

Written By: philbo on 04/27/04 at 5:02 am

Hell, M&P that must have taken some work... very Dylanesque indeed.

I've just submitted mine: after realizing that "Medication Now" was basically a ten-minute song leading up to a fairly weak punchline, and even I couldn't take reading it through in its entirety, so it was a bit much to foist it on anybody else to read through.  Being unable to think up anything myself to fill up a song as long as Desolation Row, I resorted to nicking ideas from everybody else... the result is "Plagiarism Ho!" ;)

Phil

Written By: Peregrin on 04/29/04 at 9:46 pm

It would have gone a lot quicker if Merry didn't keep changing all my stuff, Phil  :P

Written By: Andwise Roper on 05/04/04 at 3:01 am

Very impressive stuff M&P! ;)

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/04/04 at 11:30 am

Merry and Pippin, I enthusiastically high-fived "Dylanesquine Prose" . . . it's a masterpiece of poetically trippy free-association!  Please consider using "Dylanesquine Prose" as your entry in Ethan's ABC Contest's "D" week . . . it will be a strong contender!

Check for new replies or respond here...