inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MrMacphisto Appreciation Week

Written By: 2nz on 04/26/04 at 12:05 pm

With the return of the appreciation week, we are recognizing Mr. MrMacphisto. Why? Vote count. Big Mac has an average of 2 votes per parody. Now that's just not right. I would normally suggest some of my favorites so far, but I am at a loss. I know none of the original songs used by Big Mac, so I've got to do some digging this week and find, at the very least, the original song to 'Precious Ring'. Check out Big Mac's many parodies using the link I've included for easy access. And feel free to leave comments.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/mrmacphisto.shtml

Subject: Re: MrMacphisto Appreciation Week

Written By: MrMacphisto on 04/26/04 at 6:10 pm

Thanks 2nz!

Written By: Mikey Boy on 04/27/04 at 5:40 am

Thanks 2nz!

Written By: karen on 04/27/04 at 7:28 am

I only recognised two songs from his list.  Have voted on them both

Written By: Laurence Dunne on 04/27/04 at 9:42 am

Must admit, I had not heard much about this author. But his knowing such an obscure U2 song as 'lady with the spinning head' impressed me, so you will get some votes from me!!!!

Written By: Johnny_D on 04/27/04 at 10:10 am

I'm a fan!  Some of my favorites are:

"Porpoise Inside Your Fart"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/sting5.shtml

"Strike The Leather"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/10000maniacs1.shtml

Johnny D :)

Written By: 2nz on 05/11/04 at 12:39 am

Some of you may have notice that I've slacked off on updating the week for a bit. This is due to two things: 1) My finals and 2) Mr. Mac's vote count. So here's the deal, I'll provide the new week's recipient either the Monday after all my finals are done, or the day that Mr. Mac's vote count gets up over 3 votes per parody, whichever comes first. In the meantime, come on and give a brother some slack, or some votes.

Written By: 2nz on 05/18/04 at 1:37 am

Thank you to everyone who came out this... well, it turned out to be more than one week because of my schedule and my finals. I FINALLY learned some new songs to close out Mr. Mac's extended week. Congratulations again, MrMacphisto. Look for the next recipient on this message board. With my schedule drastically less hectic now, the week will be updated on a WEEKLY basis once again, at least until my next bumbling, stress-filled, omega crisis.

Check for new replies or respond here...