inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: my recordings on soundclick

Written By: EthanM on 05/10/04 at 2:12 pm

i'm not going to be posting on the amiright recordings page every time i submit a recording to www.soundclick.com because they all have the same exact link anyway to my music page which is this:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/ethanmawyermusic.htm

Whenever i submit a new song there i will mention it here. Since the last time i put any recordings on the amiright page i've submitted 2 recordings to soundclick. One is a semi-autobiographical parody of through the wire by kanye west with no backing track and it's been in the top 10 of the soundclick spoken word charts for a while. I also submitted my parody "can't spel" today which has changed a little bit since i posted the lyrics on amiright last year.

Overall i've had my songs played over 6000 times total and i've only been on soundclick a little over a month. Compared to the 15 people or so i could convince to come to my live performances at school that's a lot of exposure so i don't see why everyone else who submitted recordings doesn't join soundclick for that kind of exposure.

Subject: Re: my recordings on soundclick

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/10/04 at 2:47 pm

i'm not going to be posting on the amiright recordings page every time i submit a recording to www.soundclick.com because they all have the same exact link anyway to my music page which is this:

I've actually been wondering what people thought about having the same link multiple times submitted, for new songs by performers on that section... should I perhaps change the listing style or something?

Written By: EthanM on 05/14/04 at 9:25 pm

i'm not sure what to do... it seems wrong to put up the recording every time but songs seem to get listened to a lot more if i announce it on the front page of amiright. maybe the list could be by author instead of by song so the author page will be bumped to the top when a new recording is made without crowding out everyone else

Written By: Juanita on 05/22/04 at 12:22 am

Dude, your recordings rule and keep up the good work!  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...