inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Eminem parodies

Written By: timinem on 05/19/04 at 3:09 pm

YO! Sup?

Check out my Slim Shady and D-12 parodies at www.therealtimshady.com. Lyrics to songs and audio and video versions of my parody of "Cleanin' Out My Closet" called "I'm Sorry Llama." Audio recordings of my other songs coming soon.

Peace,
Tim Shady

Subject: Re: My Eminem parodies

Written By: iisryan on 05/19/04 at 7:09 pm

;D WOW!! Very nice! I love your video, very professional. Everything is perfect! Wow, I'm inspired now...

Written By: timinem on 05/19/04 at 11:03 pm

Thank you very much! :) I'm working on getting it on Atomfilms and anywhere on the web.

Written By: STG on 05/20/04 at 11:41 pm

Hey Tim
This is S.T.G., I was just wondering if you wanted to do a parody duet together that would be wicked.

Of what? Ii dunno, but this brain's still thinking.

Written By: EthanM on 05/21/04 at 8:20 pm

The video was really good and the lyrics are good too... but i've read through all of your parodies and none of them seem to cover the entire original song. Why?

Written By: timinem on 05/24/04 at 10:29 am

The video was really good and the lyrics are good too... but i've read through all of your parodies and none of them seem to cover the entire original song. Why?

Hey Ethan,

I originally wrote all of them to go with a live performance at the college I work at. So I had about 6 weeks to write and memorize the songs for a 20 minute show. Some I would like to add more to, but at the same time, the joke can sometimes get old the longer it goes. So I just went short and sweet. Plus I worked hard to stay true to Em's lyrical style which I'm sure everyone knows is not easy.:)

Tim Shady

Written By: timinem on 05/24/04 at 10:33 am

Hey Tim
This is S.T.G., I was just wondering if you wanted to do a parody duet together that would be wicked.

Of what? Ii dunno, but this brain's still thinking.

Hey STG,

I'm new to ths board, so direct me to some of your songs. It's cool that you just live about an hour and a half away. I work in South Bend. I'm pretty swamped right now getting ready for my new film project THE DORK OF THE RINGS http://rpstudios.net/dorkoftherings but I'd like to see what ideas you might have...

Tim Shady

Written By: iisryan on 05/24/04 at 10:43 pm

Film project too?! God!! You're amazing! :o We are not worthy!

Written By: neminem on 05/25/04 at 8:39 pm

Hmm... actually quite good. Not perfect on pacing, but hey, my own parody of this song was worse. And the humor's spot on.

Um... actually, I take that back. Right before the start of the 3rd verse, the recording of "I'm Sorry, Llama" goes into an annoying whine and doesn't come back out. You should really fix that.

Written By: timinem on 05/26/04 at 8:21 am

Hmm... actually quite good. Not perfect on pacing, but hey, my own parody of this song was worse. And the humor's spot on.

Um... actually, I take that back. Right before the start of the 3rd verse, the recording of "I'm Sorry, Llama" goes into an annoying whine and doesn't come back out. You should really fix that.

Thanks. It's on my to-do list. I'm not even sure how the whine got there....I guess it's a bonus treat to anyone who actually listens through the whole thing. Kind of the way the electric chair is a bonus to inmates on death row....

Tim Shady

Written By: timinem on 05/26/04 at 8:52 am

I was just notified today my Indianapolis interview with the Indy Music Channel is now online: http://www.indianapolisfilm.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=72

Here's what the founder of Indianapolisfilm.net had to say:

"I don't get a chance to jock too many filmmakers outside of Indianapolis, but Tim Richardson has something amazing going on up in South Bend. This video is hilarious and masterfully done. Great to have him down on the IMC , and hope to have him on again soon!!! *hint* *hint*"

T.Marquez Jr.
IndianapolisFilm.NET

Check for new replies or respond here...