inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Names for parodies of Elton John

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/22/04 at 12:33 pm

Yeah, Im thinking of doing parodies of some Elton songs, and I wondred if any one had suggestions for names of the songs

Subject: Re: Names for parodies of Elton John

Written By: Claude_Prez on 05/22/04 at 10:42 pm

Pedophile Rock?  Someone Spayed My Wife Tonight?   Goodbye Smelly Sick Ho?  I Guess That's Why They All Lick My Shoes?  (Let me know if any of this is helpful)  Can You Deal The Drugs Tonight?   Latter Day Saints Are Great (For Spanking)?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/23/04 at 7:23 am

Pedophile Rock?  Someone Spayed My Wife Tonight?   Goodbye Smelly Sick Ho?  I Guess That's Why They All Lick My Shoes?  (Let me know if any of this is helpful)  Can You Deal The Drugs Tonight?   Latter Day Saints Are Great (For Spanking)?
LOL! Some of those sound great!

I tohught of some
Gossip Man ( Rocket Man )
LeBon ( Levon)
Cereal ( Daniel )

And some more, Thanks Claude! 

Written By: Spaff.com on 05/23/04 at 8:12 pm

We really must have been separated at birth. I was gonna suggest "Someone Shaved My Wife Tonight."

More suggestions:
Your Schlong
Barley Seems To Be The Hardest Crop
Batman Accosts the Otter
Sack of Rice
Blue Guys
The Itch Is Back

and of course:
Can You Feel Me Up Tonight?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/23/04 at 9:50 pm

"Goodbye Super-Size Fries" for "Goodbye Yellow-Brick Road"

"Spaniel" for "Daniel"

"Crockett Man" for "Rocket Man", about Davy Crockett.

"Hock It Man", about a guy who spits too much.

"Clock-it Man", about a guy who's the time-keeper for a professional sport where all the players hate his guts and want to get revenge or some bullsheesh like that.

"And you can tell everybody.....this is your klong" ..... "Your Klong", for "Your Song", about the "klongs" in Thailand, which are sewage-filled canals in Bangkok that people use for motorboat-commuting.

Need more?  My twisted brain is just full of this kind of nonsense!  All you gotta do is ask!  ;D

Written By: PRobinson on 05/24/04 at 3:54 am

"Spaniel" for "Daniel"

"Clock-it Man", about a guy who's the time-keeper for a professional sport where all the players hate his guts and want to get revenge or some bullsheesh like that.

"And you can tell everybody.....this is your klong" ..... "Your Klong", for "Your Song", about the "klongs" in Thailand, which are sewage-filled canals in Bangkok that people use for motorboat-commuting.

Need more?  My twisted brain is just full of this kind of nonsense!  All you gotta do is ask!  ;D

Johnny D - Just those titles crack me up.

pr

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/24/04 at 10:01 am

"Spaniel" for "Daniel"

Yo, Jack - I've decided to take a crack at writing a parody titled "Goodbye Super-Size Fries", so please consider that title to be already taken.......but never fear, look at all the other suggestions people have posted for you here!

*********   Update: OK, as promised, I just submitted a parody of Elton John's song "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", called "Goodbye Super Size Fries".

Thanks

Johnny D ;D

Written By: philbo on 05/24/04 at 11:16 am

I was wondering if there's a nearly-extinct species of amphibian, the only kind to have protruding genitalia... in which case the obvious one would be "Goodbye yellow-pricked toad"

Written By: Claude_Prez on 05/24/04 at 12:47 pm

I was wondering if there's a nearly-extinct species of amphibian, the only kind to have protruding genitalia... in which case the obvious one would be "Goodbye yellow-pricked toad"

...where the frogs of Priapus howl?

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/24/04 at 1:17 pm

...where the frogs of Priapus howl?

...you can't plant me in your wench-house...

Written By: neminem on 05/24/04 at 3:13 pm

Well, I don't know the song, but I'm hearing "This is your dong/schlong," on sex ed, "This is a bong," on getting someone to smoke pot, or "This is your mom," for random dissing of someone's mother. In fact, *downloads*

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/24/04 at 3:47 pm

I've had an idea of a parody in the back of my mind for years, a song about a baton-twirling team to the tune of "Benny & the Jets"------->"Penny's Majorettes". :o

Written By: Spaff.com on 05/24/04 at 4:44 pm

...you can't plant me in your wench-house...

I'm foldin' back your night gown

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/24/04 at 7:30 pm

I'm foldin' back your night gown

Back 'til I'm howlin' o'er your little wood

Written By: Spaff.com on 05/24/04 at 9:04 pm

Back 'til I'm howlin' o'er your little wood

Humpin' the heart-attack clown

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/24/04 at 9:17 pm

Humpin' the heart-attack clown

Oh I've finally decided to suture my

Written By: philbo on 05/25/04 at 3:45 am

Oh I've finally decided to suture my

Own to a yellow-pricked toad

:o

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/25/04 at 6:51 am

LOL! GREAT job on this parody so far, guys! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/25/04 at 7:00 am

Ill think of a line, if I do, itll be my first parody where Im not the only author its other poieple too  ;D

I thought of some more

TOny Danza ( TIny Dancer )
Betting on the Mets ( Bennie and the Jets )

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/25/04 at 7:40 am

Ill think of a line, if I do, itll be my first parody where Im not the only author its other poieple too  ;D

I thought of some more

TOny Danza ( TIny Dancer )
Betting on the Mets ( Bennie and the Jets )

"Hold me closer, Tiny Dancer" = "Hold me closer Tony Danza" ....... yikes!! Just kidding

"Betting on the Mets" sounds like something Michael Pacholek could have written.....you may want to do a search on that one.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/25/04 at 8:07 am

"Hold me closer, Tiny Dancer" = "Hold me closer Tony Danza" ....... yikes!! Just kidding

"Betting on the Mets" sounds like something Michael Pacholek could have written.....you may want to do a search on that one.

Thanks! I gotta think of a differnet namee there is a Betting on the Mets

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/03/04 at 12:26 am

Own to a yellow-pricked toad

:o

Yellow toads' pricks protrude, and,

Written By: Leo Jay on 06/03/04 at 7:05 pm

How about one about an indefatigable internet nuisance: "I'm Still Spamming" for "I'm Still Standing"
Or an introduction to Chinese tile games: "Mah Jongg" for "Your Song"
Or carpentry instruction: "Cherry Seems To Be The Hardest Wood" for "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word"
Or get dirty (if you're clever enough to get it by Chucky): "Cherry Seems To Like The Hardest Wood"

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/06 at 4:04 pm

How about Pocket Man?

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/04/06 at 1:35 am

We really must have been separated at birth. I was gonna suggest "Someone Shaved My Wife Tonight."

what the?  no, WE must've been separated at birth, spaff, because I did "Simon Shaved My Wife Tonight" last year, without ever having seen this early post of yours (early 2004 was months before I arrived  at amiright)

anyway, any excuse for a shameless plug...

Simon Shaved My Wife Tonight

8)

Written By: nally on 11/16/06 at 12:45 pm

How about Pocket Man?

That might work... it would definitely work on the "Change One Letter" section. ;)

Written By: The Charnstar on 11/17/06 at 5:43 pm

Knocked-Up Man, parody of Rocket Man, based on the movie Junior, starring Arnie and Danny DeVito

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/17/06 at 5:57 pm

Knocked-Up Man, parody of Rocket Man, based on the movie Junior, starring Arnie and Danny DeVito
TJHats aweosme,but this thread is two years old and i have since written soem Elton parodies!

Written By: PMS on 11/17/06 at 6:07 pm

Good golly, I can't believe no one has suggested "Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me"

Written By: nally on 11/18/06 at 12:02 am

Thats aweosme,but this thread is two years old and i have since written some Elton parodies!

And it has been resurrected a couple of times...most recently by me. Often times I like to bring back old threads.

Check for new replies or respond here...