inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Idea I just came up with

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/26/04 at 8:14 am

I dont know if this has been done before, but I had this ideaa for an AmIRight Idol, kinda like American Idol, but with parodies

BUT intsead of auditions, we'll have a top 32 first, and whoever gets the most votes in each round gets to be in the top 12, there will be a wildcard

And a different theme every week, like choosing a songto parody

So like American Idol, but with AmIright parodies

Subject: Re: Idea I just came up with

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/26/04 at 8:19 am

I dont know if this has been done before, but I had this ideaa for an AmIRight Idol, kinda like American Idol, but with parodies

BUT intsead of auditions, we'll have a top 32 first, and whoever gets the most votes in each round gets to be in the top 12, there will be a wildcard

And a different theme every week, like choosing a songto parody

So like American Idol, but with AmIright parodies

we tried it, but it didn't run too smoothly.  You're free to try again though.  There's a whole board here devoted to parody contests.

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/26/04 at 10:15 am

Jack, you might want to touch base with Claude Prez, he ran two similar tournament brackets earlier this year.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/26/04 at 11:15 am

Jack, you might want to touch base with Claude Prez, he ran two similar tournament brackets earlier this year.
h yeah! Thats right!

Written By: EthanM on 05/26/04 at 2:42 pm

it would make it really interesting if we did it with recordings but i don't know how many people would do that and it might be a bit lopsided with spaff/lund and the duncans compared to the relatively limited musical abilities of the rest of us

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/26/04 at 2:44 pm

it would make it really interesting if we did it with recordings but i don't know how many people would do that and it might be a bit lopsided with spaff/lund and the duncans compared to the relatively limited musical abilities of the rest of us
Yeah I see ok!

Check for new replies or respond here...