inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Leo Jay Appreciation Week

Written By: 2nz on 05/26/04 at 6:16 pm

'I Feel Pretty' gets quite witty, it's a fit-y of witty, I say.
Not so $h!t-y is the work that comes from Leo Jay.
(hahahahaha, ha, ha, ha, haha)

I am rarely blown away by my own ability to miss good work right under my nose. Leo Jay brings a quality to his parodies that not only enhances them on paper, but would greatly enrich them should they make it into recorded form. While I'd normally suggest some of my favorites at this point, everything that I have read I have enjoyed. His songs list is not long, so use the link I've provided for easy access to check out some of his work. Help a brother get a 2-digit vote count on at least one of his songs. The 'I Feel Pretty' ones come highly recommended.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/leojay.shtml

Subject: Re: Leo Jay Appreciation Week

Written By: neminem on 05/26/04 at 6:55 pm

You are very correct. Well, he will have above 10 on most of his parodies soon enough. By the way Leo, you should really join the contests going on in the forums - my vote count looked like yours a couple months ago, and now look where I am!... Basically the same place, only with a higher votecount ;D.

Written By: Leo Jay on 05/27/04 at 11:53 am

:o Uhhh.... I'm stunned, to say the least!  It's somewhat disconcerting to surf over to amiright.com for a few quick chuckles at work and suddenly find that your name staring back at you at the top of the 'News and Events' section!  For about half a second, it almost seemed to be a message from Corporate IT:  "Leo Jay, get back to work!"  Being a newbie, I've no idea how this came about or what exactly it means, but I guess it means you appreciate my efforts, so thanks very much for the acknowledgement!

Written By: philbo on 05/28/04 at 7:34 am

Being a newbie, I've no idea how this came about or what exactly it means, but I guess it means you appreciate my efforts, so thanks very much for the acknowledgement!

That's basically what it means - 2nz seems to enjoy browsing the output of some of the lesser-known authors, and bringing them to our attention.  It's usually a positive sort of thing on both sides.

Written By: Leo Jay on 06/03/04 at 9:20 am

8) Well, thanks again for my week.  The publicity did get me some more votes and comments, so thanks for the endorsement and exposure.  I'm still going through the threads trying to figure out the logistics of these contests -- I guess that will help as well.  Take care!  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...