inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: About the Appreciation Week

Written By: 2nz on 06/08/04 at 10:40 pm

If you think that I haven't been updating the appreciation week as much lately... then you're right. I don't read as many of the new entries to the site as I used to, so I have a lot more trouble picking the next person to appreciate. There are many who deserve it. If anyone wants to try taking over the appreciation week, so people besides the ones that I notice get some appreciation, feel free to tell me. It doesn't take much to run the week from a technical standpoint, you just need to truly take an interest in someone each week, explore their songs list, and vote as much as you can if you haven't yet been exposed to their work. That way, you can provide good ideas for parodies to look for and have more of an understand of what the author's style is. Aside from my laziness towards my week responsibilities, I have another reason for this thread right now. Starting July 1st, I ship off to Rome for a summer semester abroad, and I won't be able to update the week for that month. So, if anyone is interested in taking over the week, even if it's just for the month of July, let me know on this thread or PM me. Thanks, and thanks to everyone who has come out to support the week and appreciate it's author. You are the force that drives it. And I am clearly not a motivational speaker. I should get a van down by the river...

Subject: Re: About the Appreciation Week

Written By: PRobinson on 06/09/04 at 6:23 pm

If you think that I haven't been updating the appreciation week as much lately... then you're right. I don't read as many of the new entries to the site as I used to, so I have a lot more trouble picking the next person to appreciate. There are many who deserve it. If anyone wants to try taking over the appreciation week, so people besides the ones that I notice get some appreciation, feel free to tell me. It doesn't take much to run the week from a technical standpoint, you just need to truly take an interest in someone each week, explore their songs list, and vote as much as you can if you haven't yet been exposed to their work. That way, you can provide good ideas for parodies to look for and have more of an understand of what the author's style is. Aside from my laziness towards my week responsibilities, I have another reason for this thread right now. Starting July 1st, I ship off to Rome for a summer semester abroad, and I won't be able to update the week for that month. So, if anyone is interested in taking over the week, even if it's just for the month of July, let me know on this thread or PM me. Thanks, and thanks to everyone who has come out to support the week and appreciate it's author. You are the force that drives it. And I am clearly not a motivational speaker. I should get a van down by the river...

A Summer semester in ROME!  WHEW!  TOO COOL!  You've done a great job with this feature and as one who once named here I'd like to thank you for taking the time and making the effort to bring new writer's to everyone's attention.  I recall very clearly that the week you picked me happened to be (unbeknownst to you) during one of the most trying periods of my entire life.  Geez, I didn't even know the MESSAGEBOARD existed and someone pointed out in a comment that I had been selected for some sort of mention.  It really helped me regain my equilibrium and put me back in a much better frame of mind.  I've half a mind to volunteer,  but if I gave up that half it would leave me too close to empty upstairs.  Seriously,  I do some house-sitting every year around that time and my sitting location does not have a PC in it, so I really wouldn't be able to keep up too well. 

Subject: Re: About the Appreciation Week

Written By: 2nz on 06/25/04 at 9:45 pm

It's been two years or so since I posted this but what the hey. I remember that, Paul. You were going through a rough time at work when you had your week. There was someone else who hit a rough spot around when there week was. For a while I started to think there was a hex that went along with receiving an appreciation week. Thanks for the honesty, Charlie Brown, I still respect that abouts you (Old inside joke... which is weird considering we've never met).

If there are still no takers when I leave, I guess the contests will have to hold everyone until I get back. Hey, have a good July everybody.  8) "2nz has left the country!"

Check for new replies or respond here...