inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: British Parodists Stand up!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/14/04 at 9:45 am

Putting out a call to all parodists in Ol' Blighty. Though not a native, this is my adopted country, and I was thinking how great it would be for writers in the UK to get together to write songs that really reflect British life...not necessarily politics, but what it's like to live on this little island in the noughties.If you're a British writer, post a reply!! Cheers....Kristof

::)

Subject: Re: British Parodists Stand up!!

Written By: philbo on 06/14/04 at 10:27 am

er... me- in case you hadn't realized, I post parodies as "Phil Alexander" (which surprisingly enough is my real name)

Written By: marthadtox2 on 06/14/04 at 10:35 am

You can add me to your list also based in London....

Written By: theRealJimA on 06/14/04 at 11:52 am

Ayup! :)

I've already done a few UK based parodies, most recently the U.K.I.P. one, but I've done quite a few on British Railways and so on  ;)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/18/04 at 11:48 am

Thanks Phil, Jim and Martha!! I know two of you are from London...alas, the wrong side of the river...where are you at Phil? Jim, I'll look up your page, and you as well Martha. Great to here from the British contingent..I'll be in touch. Kristof

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/18/04 at 11:49 am

Thanks Phil, Jim and Martha!! I know two of you are from London...alas, the wrong side of the river...where are you at Phil? Jim, I'll look up your page, and you as well Martha. Great to here from the British contingent..I'll be in touch. Kristof

All together now: "God save our..." :P

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/18/04 at 11:53 am

I got that wrong, didn't I? (As well as posting it twice...doh!) Phil, you're from London, and it's Jim I need to locate!! Gotta stop licking postage stamps....

Written By: theRealJimA on 06/18/04 at 5:58 pm

Doncaster :)

bit further north than London (well, 200-odd miles)

Written By: philbo on 06/19/04 at 3:25 am

Hmm... spent quite a bit of time in Doncaster prison

...working I hasten to add ;)  When I commented in another forum about how well-run Doncaster is compared to nearly all the rest I've been in, the reply was "I suppose they have to treat their councillors well" :D

Incidentally, I live in Bucks, but work in North London most days.

Written By: xander999 on 06/19/04 at 8:49 am

Pip pip. Let's drink tea in good ol' blighty!

Check for new replies or respond here...