inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone want to collaborate on full-length movie parodies

Written By: ACG on 06/22/04 at 6:39 pm

Hi.  I've written several song parodies (including one which I've been constantly singing at my friends' weddings to raucous laughter).  I was wondering if anyone would want to help me with some movie parodies -- full length. 

I've actually written five full length versions of the five Star Wars episodes (as in they'd take 2-3 hours each to put on as plays).  However, they are EXTREMELY niche-based: most people wouldn't get the jokes.  I have annotated versions of several of them, though, which try to explain the humor.  By the way, there's going to be a SIXTH one at some point :)

However, maybe some of you guys can help collaborate on (or flesh out) the following:

1. "Harry Potter: the Stoned Sorcerer".  As in "Duh--where am I supposed to point this wand again?"
  2. "Bored of the Rings".  Starring the crotchety old geezer Grandma who orders everybody around.  She wants her sun Dodo to get married and try to find the right person to give a ring to.
  3. The cartoon masterpiece "Wreck".  And on a related topic...
  4. "Car Wreck III: The Search for Speed".  Looks like we've got some trouble with the new model of the Mutara Genesis!  What will Captain Jerk try to do?

What do you think?

ACG

Subject: Re: Anyone want to collaborate on full-length movie parodies

Written By: Apricot on 06/22/04 at 7:11 pm

Hi.  I've written several song parodies (including one which I've been constantly singing at my friends' weddings to raucous laughter).  I was wondering if anyone would want to help me with some movie parodies -- full length. 

I've actually written five full length versions of the five Star Wars episodes (as in they'd take 2-3 hours each to put on as plays).  However, they are EXTREMELY niche-based: most people wouldn't get the jokes.  I have annotated versions of several of them, though, which try to explain the humor.  By the way, there's going to be a SIXTH one at some point :)

However, maybe some of you guys can help collaborate on (or flesh out) the following:

1. "Harry Potter: the Stoned Sorcerer".  As in "Duh--where am I supposed to point this wand again?"
  2. "Bored of the Rings".  Starring the crotchety old geezer Grandma who orders everybody around.  She wants her sun Dodo to get married and try to find the right person to give a ring to.
  3. The cartoon masterpiece "Wreck".  And on a related topic...
  4. "Car Wreck III: The Search for Speed".  Looks like we've got some trouble with the new model of the Mutara Genesis!  What will Captain Jerk try to do?

What do you think?

ACG

We'd be glad to. Not just me, but my affiliates. E-mail us, not at the adress on my profile, but at ice_and_steel@pa.net. We have some ideas to pitch at you too.

Subject: Re: Anyone want to collaborate on full-length movie parodies

Written By: EmiLoca on 06/27/04 at 12:24 pm

Gah!  I'm writing a parody of Harry Potter *almost similar* to yours - "Hair Reporter and the Sorcerer, Stoned".  Basically about a gay Muggle news anchor who goes to Hogwarts and...gets...stoned.  But after a series of enchanting obstacles, of course.

Check for new replies or respond here...