inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmIRight tempers...

Written By: BLO-TOWN on 06/24/04 at 2:19 pm

Seeing how some people are becoming a little unhappy with each other over "comedy malfunctions", why not have a place for those select few to vent their anger. When I clicked on the parody authors pictures thread I expected to look and find my potential wife or Paris Hilton look alike, depending on the best fit. However I had to read a bunch of arguing crap. Funny and nice to read but not what I expected. Well, if you have problems settle them here. Who can write the best? Well lets find out. Kind of a freestyle battle of sorts to help clear the fustrations. Lets look at Mr.50 Cent. He had many anger issues and he was shot 9 times but since he started rapping he hasnt been shot once. Maybe that will work here...

Subject: Re: AmIRight tempers...

Written By: Armstrong on 06/24/04 at 2:39 pm

Blo Town- Some time ago I was in a bit of a heated discussion with the almighty webmaster wolveroses... i wrote a parody, one of my best i might add, which wasn't nearly as vulgar as some on the site, and submitted it but it was declined because of the malevolent intent. So while I appreciate your attempt at consolidating things and starting new ideas... i don't think it's gonna fly.

Written By: 2nz on 06/24/04 at 9:22 pm

I'd just like to state again for the record how much I hate all of you and your families and your cousins and your long-lost twins and your Siamese counterparts... hey, that kinda did feel good. (Do I REALLY need to put some sort of winking emoticon at the end of this?)...and your parrots, and your lawn ornaments and your fake noses, and your little dog too, and your...

Written By: PRobinson on 06/25/04 at 3:23 am

I'd just like to state again for the record how much I hate all of you and your families and your cousins and your long-lost twins and your Siamese counterparts... hey, that kinda did feel good. (Do I REALLY need to put some sort of winking emoticon at the end of this?)...and your parrots, and your lawn ornaments and your fake noses, and your little dog too, and your...

2nz - Hey, you forgot "...and the horse you rode in on and your friends,  IF you have any..." (winking emotion at end)...

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/25/04 at 11:09 am

Seeing how some people are becoming a little unhappy with each other over "comedy malfunctions", why not have a place for those select few to vent their anger. When I clicked on the parody authors pictures thread I expected to look and find my potential wife or Paris Hilton look alike, depending on the best fit. However I had to read a bunch of arguing crap. Funny and nice to read but not what I expected. Well, if you have problems settle them here. Who can write the best? Well lets find out. Kind of a freestyle battle of sorts to help clear the fustrations. Lets look at Mr.50 Cent. He had many anger issues and he was shot 9 times but since he started rapping he hasnt been shot once. Maybe that will work here...

it's my fault, I haven't been reading that thread lately and it clearly got of hand... I purged all the off topic postings.  Stuff like that doesn't really belong in the thread, or even on the board really.  I think a couple of the people posting in that thread don't realize that sarcasm doesn't translate well online (that's why people use smileys and stuff like that).

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/25/04 at 11:10 am

Blo Town- Some time ago I was in a bit of a heated discussion with the almighty webmaster wolveroses... i wrote a parody, one of my best i might add, which wasn't nearly as vulgar as some on the site, and submitted it but it was declined because of the malevolent intent. So while I appreciate your attempt at consolidating things and starting new ideas... i don't think it's gonna fly.

wolveroses doesn't review parodies, I do... so that's kind of a strange statement...

Written By: Armstrong on 06/26/04 at 2:09 pm

I was just saying it was about him... i'm confident though that you rejected it... seeing as it never made the site. this was... fall 2002? and it was an eminem song. I never put up a fight. It was better as just a release.

Written By: MAD Mari on 06/26/04 at 5:59 pm

Yeah, I'm tired of the fighting between Paul's dog, Mike's cousin, ET, and Paris Hilton.  Huh?  Blo has a good point!  However, there's no way to decide which parody is the best (actually, I have several) or which writer (see previous parentheses) is the best.  One thing that we can all agree on is that who or what is the best is all subjective anyway... or can we?  :D

Written By: PRobinson on 06/27/04 at 12:46 am

Yeah, I'm tired of the fighting between Paul's dog, Mike's cousin, ET, and Paris Hilton.  Huh?  Blo has a good point!  However, there's no way to decide which parody is the best (actually, I have several) or which writer (see previous parentheses) is the best.  One thing that we can all agree on is that who or what is the best is all subjective anyway... or can we?  :D

MAD Mari,  good thing I don't have a dog or he (she?) might be really pissed at you...I imagine he(she) would have a miserable disposition,  since I prefer cats to dogs.

pr

Written By: EmiLoca on 06/27/04 at 12:01 pm

My tantrums at various people:

To ChuckyG
ARGH! I HATE YOU, CHUCKYG!  YOU'RE A BAGPIPE OF A PERSON WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS!  I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT I SPEND HOURS ON YOUR SITE EVERY DAY, IT BLOWS LIKE GABRIEL AND SUCKS LIKE A HOOVER!  GOD, I WISH YOU WOULD JUST SIT UNDERNEATH A DORMANT STEAMROLLER AT A CONSTRUCTION SITE, YOU CHEESELIVER!!!

To 2nz
I HATE YOU, 2NZ! YOUR PARODIES ARE ALL BETTER THAN MINE AND ITS NOT FAIR!  BUT MOSTLY I'M MAD BECAUSE, FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL MY TIME HERE, I THOUGHT YOU WERE FEMALE!  YOU FUDGESICLE!  YOU COCKROACH SNIFFER!  YOU NEED TO JOIN AN ONLINE SIDESHOW!!!

To "philbo"
WHAT THE CRAP, PHILBO?  THAT'S NOT EVEN YOUR REAL NAME, AND IT'S YOUR FAULT I WASN'T SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT WHO YOU REALLY WERE!  PANSY!!!

To Luke Brattoni
I HATE YOU, LUKE BRATTONI!  GOD, WILL YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?  GIVE YOUR UNREQUITED LOVE A REST AND STOP STALKING MY COMMENTS!  THERE IS A REASON I'M NOT ENGAGED TO YOU ANYMORE, AND IT'S NOT JUST BECAUSE LEO JAY RIPPED ME FROM YOUR KA-ZILLION COMMENT PARODY AREA!  IT'S BECAUSE I - FREAKING - HATE - YOU, YOU FROZEN FLAMINGO!  GO SHUT YOUR FINGERS IN A DICTIONARY!!!

To whoever stole my CAPS LOCK key
GIVE IT BACK, YOU PACKAGED NOODLE!  DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY INTERNET ETIQUETTE LAWS I'M BREAKING? 

Written By: philbo on 06/28/04 at 5:26 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

...I HATE people who use too many smileys...

Written By: SI-MAE on 06/28/04 at 10:43 am

I don't think my posts are getting through... What's up?

Written By: Inspired by EmiLoca on 06/28/04 at 11:21 am

HATE, HATE, HATE!  >:(

There's no one who won't screw you just for fun
No one on whose face you can't fling dung
Nothing you can say but curses aimed at the world you blame
It's sleazy

No one you can play that can't be played
No one you can save you can't enslave
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be rude in time
It's sleazy

All you need is HATE!  >:(
All you need is HATE, HATE!  :(
HATE is all you need!

All you need is HATE, HATE!  >:(
HATE is all you need!

No one you can blow that isn't blown
No one you can't pee on from your throne
Nowhere you can be that isn't full of plebes and dweebs
It’s sleazy

All you need is HATE, HATE!  >:(
HATE is all you need.

All you need is HATE (all together, now!)
All you need is HATE! (everybody!)
All you need is HATE, HATE!
HATE is all you need (HATE is all you need).

Yee-hai!
Oh yeah!
She HATEs you, yeah yeah yeah!
She HATEs you, yeah yeah yeah!

Written By: SI-MAE on 06/28/04 at 7:42 pm

Here's a big list of people {http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/} I would like to say the following to:

SCREW YOU. ;D

Written By: 2nz on 06/28/04 at 7:59 pm

'So... how has your life been?'

"Well, my sister came to me not long ago, saying she was ugly. I said that she was not ugly and to even think that she was ugly was wrong. She then got angry at me for saying she was wrong. I didn't like that very much..."

Written By: 2nz on 06/28/04 at 8:02 pm

Oh, and I am giving EmiLoca's tantrum triple 5s because I enjoyed it more than most songs that I read here.

Written By: EmiLoca on 06/29/04 at 4:12 pm

Oh, gee.  I'm inspirational.  And...fives.  *ponders*  Nope, I'm still mad. 

Written By: xander999 on 06/30/04 at 3:15 pm

God, I hate Xander999.

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/30/04 at 5:02 pm

I hate when I can't think of anything I hate enough to add to a hate thread.

;)

Yeah, dontcha hate it when that happens?  ;)

Written By: Jared on 06/30/04 at 8:40 pm

I HATE hat I haven't received so much as ONE point in this month's SOTM Competion!  What gives people, I'm funny, right?  I can't beleive I'd pull a SOLID ZERO after everybody's voted!  what's everybody's problem?  Was it not funny enough for you?  Was it some sort of vendetta?  Is it because nobody likes me?  What os the deal?

Amnd another thing..Bozo the Clown, does he really need "The clown" in his name?  Are we gonna confuse him with Bozo the District Attorney?  Bozo the Pope?  There's no other Bozo......

Written By: Peregrin on 06/30/04 at 9:47 pm

Amnd another thing..Bozo the Clown, does he really need "The clown" in his name?  Are we gonna confuse him with Bozo the District Attorney?  Bozo the Pope?   There's no other Bozo......

Au Contraire, Jared  :)

There are plenty of Bozos in both public office and private enterprise - just switch on the news, you'll find them  ;D

Subject: Re: Look on the bright side

Written By: Claude_Prez on 07/03/04 at 1:36 pm

Hey winning's a negative -- the point of entering the competition is just to get people to read your stuff and give you feedback.  But if you actually win twice, you're out of contention for future rounds, so that counts against you.  Even though you can still submit an ineligible entry after that, people are probably less likely to bother to read your stuff if you're not eligible to win anyway.  So, hey, as long as people are reading the stuff, who needs the votes?  ;)

Just to clarify, that "excessive winning not allowed" rule is a feature of Ethan's ABC contest, not the Song Of The Month contest, which was specifically designed without any pinko-type restrictions.

Written By: Claude_Prez on 07/03/04 at 1:46 pm

Amnd another thing..Bozo the Clown, does he really need "The clown" in his name?  Are we gonna confuse him with Bozo the District Attorney?  Bozo the Pope?   There's no other Bozo......

Funny stuff, Jared.  And I'm guessing you're joking about being upset about being shut out in the contest but in case you're not, I'd like to point out the very high quality of the entries we're up against.  I'm amazed at some of the great songs that don't get contest votes (I'm still not sure how I didn't vote for "Sheep's Brain").  But like Leo says, at least this way you get feedback.  Anyway, the way I see it, we're all pretty much in the same "Not Spaff" category.  Well, except Spaff, of course.  The lousy bastard.

Check for new replies or respond here...