inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Amiright Viewer version

Written By: philbo on 07/08/04 at 5:34 am

As Chucky has so kindly added date of submission to the list of parodies, I've had to write in a modification to pick this information up (and let you view your parodies sorted by when you posted them to amiright)

To anyone who's got PAV1.1 installed, there's an update here (310kB):
http://www.asqu08.dsl.pipex.com/index_files/image005.jpg

..and to anyone who's wondering WTF I'm going on about, there's a full version here (1.6MB):
http://www.asqu08.dsl.pipex.com/index_files/image005.jpg

Phil

Subject: Re: New Amiright Viewer version

Written By: MooRocca on 07/08/04 at 9:27 am

I downloaded and installed the full version.  My name wasn't in the list, so I tried updating the author's list -- both by searching for author and then ok-ing the update and by selecting the update from the file menu.  It said it couldn't  get to the authors page.  I didn't see any traffic passing through my firewall and my firewall didn't ask whether the program had permission to access the net (which would have happened if the program had tried to connect.)  I did restart my computer and try again, but got the same results.   Any ideas what I might need to do to make it work?  Oh... and I didn't see a sort by date option, so once I get it worknig do I also need to download and install the update? 

Written By: philbo on 07/08/04 at 10:20 am

I downloaded and installed the full version.  My name wasn't in the list, so I tried updating the author's list -- both by searching for author and then ok-ing the update and by selecting the update from the file menu.  It said it couldn't  get to the authors page.

Did it come up with any other error (e.g. "Could not setup proxy, No idea why... your internet settings must be screwy")?  Other than that, I'm kind of at a loss as it's a standard http (port 80)request (i.e. if your browser can get to http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/ then so should this)

Could you run a command prompt, shell to DOS and enter the following:
ipconfig /all >phil.txt

..and stick the contents of phil.txt in a PM to me

Oh... and I didn't see a sort by date option, so once I get it worknig do I also need to download and install the update? 

You can sort by date on the "List with votes" screen from the "View" menu/"Sort by..." option; alternatively just click the button at the heading of the column - the one with the word "Submitted" on...

Incidentally, I'd recommend downloading the update now as I've just fixed a little bug and added filtering by month (so you can display only those parodies entered in June '04)... just hit any key when you're sorting by month, and it'll do.

Written By: philbo on 07/08/04 at 10:41 am

Hmm.. just had a check using a proxy: unfortunately, I've got to route a proxy through port 8080, and the firewall won't let that through, so I can't test proxy connections from here.  If I get time, I'll have a try from home, but that won't be till the weekend at the earliest.

Written By: MysteryGoat on 07/09/04 at 12:37 am

My name isn't in there either, and when i clicked on someone elses name, the songs wouldn't come up.

Written By: philbo on 07/09/04 at 5:26 am

If your name isn't in the list, from the "File" menu, choose "Update list of parody authors" (the default list has those authors with >=10 parodies on the 24th April 2003)

The songs don't come up automatically - you need to click the "Import Parodies" button (Ctrl+T). This is also what you do to update your list of parodies to add new ones, and to get the latest vote counts: after running through, it'll pop up a dialog with any changed votes since the last time it ran (the vote totals are taken from your parody author page, which is updated when Chucky posts the day's new parodies)

Written By: MysteryGoat on 07/09/04 at 2:11 pm

Ok i hit update and my name still isn't there, importing isn't doing anything either i still can't view other peoples songs on it. :\'(

Written By: EthanM on 07/10/04 at 8:08 pm

i got it to work... you have to type your name and then it updates the list

Check for new replies or respond here...