inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Some additional editors for amiright are needed

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/12/04 at 9:55 am

The following sections haven't been updated in ages, so it's time for someone to take over the reigns.

Parody Song Fragments - TAKEN
Funny Lyrics - TAKEN
Nonsensical Lyrics - TAKEN
Repetitive Lyrics - TAKEN
Insincere Lyrics - TAKEN
Misrhymed Lyrics - TAKEN
Insulting Lyrics - TAKEN
Inappropriate Lyrics - TAKEN

whatfreaks.com - TAKEN woo-hoo!

if you're interested, send a personal message to me with the name of the section you're interested in doing.

Subject: Re: Some additional editors for amiright are needed

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/12/04 at 10:50 am

and also, there is a standing offer for sole editor of whatfreaks for the parodies and limericks posted there.  I have no interest in maintaining the site, but if someone is willing to insure a minimum amount of control over the site, it could start up again.

Written By: philbo on 07/13/04 at 4:46 am

Now, that's one I really wish I had the time to look after ;)  Maybe Malcolm would be best qualified, do you think?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/15/04 at 12:15 pm

I just realized I had put some pages in there that were being maintained just fine by IndyGent... not sure how that happened.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/16/04 at 10:07 am

no one wants to take on the Parody Fragments position? all the parody authors that visit the forum? strange...

it's actually the lowest traffic of all the pages and probably the least time consuming

Written By: Peregrin on 07/30/04 at 4:42 am

Check your PM's Chuck.  I'm game  :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/30/04 at 10:21 am

I haven't responded to everyone who has sent me a request yet, but I will before the end of the day.

I did have a few people mention that they didn't know what was involved.  I realized that the 80s editor request had a brief description of what was involved, but this post doesn't.  So here goes:

An editor is responsible for reviewing the new items posted to the category they agree to review.  This requires someone to read what was written, and fix capitalization of proper names (like bob seger should be Bob Seger). They need to make sure the entry is not filled with profanity and that it's on topic.  They also need to periodically review the entries (like once or twice a week minimum).  The editors don't have to review all the outstanding entries (since several have a few thousand waiting right now), but an effort should be made to try and reduce the number waiting review.  Once an item is reviewed, there's no edit process in place, so editors aren't responsible for editing already reviewed items (though that will hopefully change at some point in the future).

If you're an editor, and use the messageboard, I give you access to some additional boards (which aren't really used for much at the moment) and you get the title of "Website Editor" and 6 stars next to your name. 

Written By: MooRocca on 08/10/04 at 11:14 am

The following sections haven't been updated in ages, so it's time for someone to take over the reigns.

Parody Song Fragments - TAKEN
Funny Lyrics - TAKEN
Nonsensical Lyrics - TAKEN
Repetitive Lyrics - TAKEN
Insincere Lyrics - TAKEN
Misrhymed Lyrics - TAKEN
Insulting Lyrics
Inappropriate Lyrics

whatfreaks.com - TAKEN woo-hoo!

if you're interested, send a personal message to me with the name of the section you're interested in doing.

Hello, chopped liver, here -- Insulting Lyrics is taken, also.  :) 

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/10/04 at 11:47 am

Hello, chopped liver, here -- Insulting Lyrics is taken, also.  :) 

yes it is... sorry about that.

I guess that leaves one section left... I'll unsticky this thread once it's filled.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/10/04 at 2:31 pm

I've actually got a couple new pages and potentially some old ones to add to the list, but I'm unstickying the thread for now.

A big thanks to everyone who stepped up and took on some pages for the site.  It helps to ensure the site continues to get updated and that only quality items get added. Without all the people who review the new entries, the site would probably never get updated, or would be unreadable due to the garbage people would submit without editorial overview.

Check for new replies or respond here...