inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OK good people, THIS totally ludicrous challenge is almost TOO easy !!

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/23/04 at 11:50 am

I recuse myself....

....that said, now....

....who can be the FIRST to write-and-post a parody about the following news item?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20040722/od_nm/odd_perks_dc

Subject: Re: OK good people, THIS totally ludicrous challenge is almost TOO easy !!

Written By: EmiLoca on 07/23/04 at 11:56 am

That is just pleading to be parodied.  I can't wait to see what comes of this. 

Subject: Re: OK good people, THIS totally ludicrous challenge is almost TOO easy !!

Written By: Leo Jay on 07/23/04 at 12:21 pm

I can just imagine the new recruiting slogan: "See Iraq, Get A Rack"...

or maybe "Free Iraq... and get A Rack Free!"

Written By: SI-MAE on 07/23/04 at 1:15 pm

Gives a whole new meaning to "Be all that you can be..."

Wow, they've bleeped your name....

Censorship is getting crazy.

Written By: Mike Florio on 07/23/04 at 1:18 pm

I will do it.

thanks for the inspiration.

Written By: PRobinson on 07/26/04 at 3:16 pm

Not that I'm in the market, but I wonder if this offer is also available to members of the male gender?  The article failed to specify.  I can see it now;  "The Fighting Men/Women of the 487th Tranny Battalion"...

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/26/04 at 3:20 pm

Not that I'm in the market, but I wonder if this offer is also available to members of the male gender?  The article failed to specify.  I can see it now;  "The Fighting Men/Women of the 487th Tranny Battalion"...

Something along the lines of a PPD (Prostate-Propelled DNA Launcher), eh ?

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 07/27/04 at 8:59 pm

From WMD's to Double-D's. Your research is just gold, Johnny, and I will of course try and do a parody of it.
Before: :-[
After: :-*
Look at those luscious liposuctioned lips!

Written By: philbo on 07/28/04 at 10:22 am

You can see that JD keeps abreast of the news, new developments, that sort of thing ;)

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/28/04 at 10:33 am

You can see that JD keeps abreast of the news, new developments, that sort of thing ;)

Keep abreast
Keep abreast
Put our news links to the test
Read about how Uncle Sam will make your norks the nation's best!  ;D

Written By: philbo on 07/28/04 at 11:48 am

Nips and tucks, Double-Ds
And my dear that's fine with me
While some soldiers do their shooting
We'll be measuring, computing
Just how big, just how hot
Just in case someone gets shot
We're just keeping our hand in, that should be stressed
But now we're in the news
So no, don't be confused
Just keep abreast, keep abreast, keep abreast!

Written By: Leo Jay on 07/28/04 at 1:18 pm

Hee, you guys crack me up.

I was just thinking how M*A*S*H's Hawkeye probably would have loved to have the chance to do a bit of enhancement on Hotlips Hoolihan (not that she needed it). 

Anyone want to take on 'Silicone Is Painless'? ('Suicide Is Painless' being the original M*A*S*H theme song -- used for the original film as well as the TV series, I believe)

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 08/01/04 at 7:56 pm

OK, I'm thinking of doing a parody of 'Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini', give me a day or so.

Written By: philbo on 08/02/04 at 1:27 pm

OK, I'm thinking of doing a parody of 'Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini', give me a day or so.

I wrote a parody to that when I only had two (very young) children, called "Icky, poohy, sticky, crappy most disgusting yucky nappy"... I wonder if it's still around somewhere?  I mean the parody, not the nappy

Written By: Leo Jay on 08/03/04 at 2:38 am

I was just thinking how M*A*S*H's Hawkeye probably would have loved to have the chance to do a bit of enhancement on Hotlips Hoolihan (not that she needed it). 

As it turns out, completely unexpectedly, I came up with Hotlips Hoolihan jumping onto the recent 'Fiddler on the Roof' bandwagon as she goes under the knife singing "M*A*S*H Major, M*A*S*H Major", to the tune of "Matchmaker, Matchmaker..."

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/03/04 at 7:52 am

As it turns out, completely unexpectedly, I came up with Hotlips Hoolihan jumping onto the recent 'Fiddler on the Roof' bandwagon as she goes under the knife singing "M*A*S*H Major, M*A*S*H Major", to the tune of "Matchmaker, Matchmaker..."

"M*A*S*H Major, M*A*S*H Major"   ???????   Yes!  Yes!  Post it!   ;D

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 08/03/04 at 7:47 pm

OK, My 'trainee-trainin’, marine-cleaning dollar-taking plot of scheming' parody is up.
I cheated and put 'Operation Desert Storm' at the front as a lame pun that will qualify it for the 'O's in ABC.

So sue me.

Check for new replies or respond here...