inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Warning - new parodies to be released

Written By: PRobinson on 07/25/04 at 12:10 pm

Well, the old thread was up to 11 pages so I figured we needed a new one.  And I just happen to have some new parodies that I JUST submitted this morning.  None of them have ANY sexual references whatsoever so all three of them are probably going to be up and posted Monday morning.  I did two different parody versions of Carole King's "I Feel The Earth Move", I was only going to post one but I could not decide which one I liked better, and seeing as how you will all be starved for parodies tomorrow without any Sexually-Oriented entries I thought it would be a good time to do this.  My  Carole King parodies titles are "I Feel The Hearse Move (Now I'm Hanging With The Evil Dead)" and "Wife's In A Terse Mood".  I also posted a parody of Tori Amos' fine song, "Crucify" about the dangers of eating too much Fast Food.  My version is called "Super-Size".  Bon Apetit!

Well, guess I don't need to do "Sexually-oriented" themes to enjoy this after all.  Just finished yet another piece today and I decided to throw it in the mix with the other three I had already submitted this morning. The 4th one is a "2 in 1" combination shot:  The music from The Monkees "I'm A Believer" and Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" story-line,  which, of course, makes this parody "I'm A Dream-Weaver Believer". 

pr

Subject: Re: Warning - new parodies to be released

Written By: EthanM on 07/25/04 at 3:49 pm

i've got an under the sea parody about pirates up today:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/thelittlemermaid2.shtml

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/03/04 at 11:18 am

Coming soon: David Bowie tells the story of Dumbo The Flying Elephant! :o

Written By: PRobinson on 08/05/04 at 1:09 am

Submitted this evening - "I'm Stalkin'" a parody based on Fats Domino's "I'm Walkin' "

Written By: Leo Jay on 08/05/04 at 9:49 am

They're HERE!

Inspired by the OTHER Leo Jay, (LeoJ YlliB) and memories of college days long since past, we offer a distortion of that legendary paean to Christie Brinkley, with ours affectionately titled Upchuck Girl

And, inspired (in more ways than one) by our favorite 'South Pacifist', Johnny D: They've Got To Be Painfully Taut!

Written By: Armstrong on 08/05/04 at 1:09 pm

First MA in more than a month.... "1925" a solid parody of "1985" by Bowling for Soup comes out tomorrow.

Written By: Ahnonamis on 08/06/04 at 1:57 am

First two parodies since I got back from Amsterdam.  And no, I didn't have any...motivation...while there... :D

Submitted earlier today:  "I Ain't Black" (Welcome Back, by Mase)
                                  "Perhaps I am Insane" (If I only had a Brain, Wizard of Oz)

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/06/04 at 12:06 pm

I just submitted a parody of Glen Campbell's classic bit of schlock, "Rhinestone Cowboy".

My parody's title is .....

"Fine Drone Now, Boy! (Seven Of Nine's Theme)"

Written By: STG on 08/06/04 at 2:39 pm

I or DGWP might be making "Amish Superstar"
parody of "Wanna Be A Rock Superstar" by Cypress Hill

We have a show on UPN called "Amish in the City"  (yes, another dreaded reality TV show)
I'm just contributing to the masses.

And sometime soon...
"Not Again (Good/Bad Conscience Pt2)" with Ghetto John
Parody of "Guilty Conscience" by Eminem and Dr. Dre

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/06/04 at 3:55 pm

Two new parodies posting soon in A Room Full Of Monkeys, both of which are based on bizarre current events in the news:

Brought to you by Monkey Room residents Phil Alexander and Johnny D:

"'Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover'" Based on the perfomance by Paul Simon
"'Fifty Ways to Harm Our Country'" Parody by A Room Full Of Monkeys

Based on this news item:

By Associated Press, 8/5/2004 13:48 ..... WASHINGTON (AP) President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of ''Bushisms'' on Thursday, declaring that his administration will ''never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people.'' ..... Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill. ..... ''Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,'' Bush said. ''They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.''

Another simian song from the Monkey Room, courtesy of Arwen and Johnny D:

"Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)" Based on the perfomance by Edison Lighthouse
"It Blows (That I Can't Lick Their Toes)" Parody by A Room Full Of Monkeys

Based on this news item:

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (Reuters) -- Unsolicited toe-licking would be banned in the Netherlands under a law sought by the Dutch Labor party after police were unable to prosecute a would-be Casanova with a taste for female toes because he had committed no crime.

Written By: Just_Brit on 08/06/04 at 4:16 pm

"1985" to Bowling for Soup's "1985"

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/08/04 at 11:39 am

Green Bloodied Hound Dogs said that I should write a parody about Zen, so I did !

One of the methods used by Zen masters to teach their students is the "koan" (pronounced "cone"), which is a riddle that has no obvious logical solution. The student has to sit and meditate on the "koan", or puzzle, and then periodically answer questions about it posed by the teacher, or "Roshi". Perhaps the most famous "koan" is: "You know the sound of two hands clapping. What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

With that in mind......

Posted this morning:

"Koan On The Brain" Parody by Johnny D

......a parody of "Home On The Range", Based on the performance by Traditional.

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/09/04 at 7:06 pm

Submitted today, posting tomorrow morning:

"Man Smart, Woman Smarter" Based on the performance by The Grateful Dead
"Pols Smart, Lobster Smarter" Parody by Johnny D

"Love Child" Based on the performance by Diana Ross and The Supremes
"Love Bug" Parody by Johnny D

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/10/04 at 8:01 am

Coming soon...veteran avant-garde eyeball heads The Residents get skewered for the first time as they "sell out" an entire album!  ???:o

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/12/04 at 12:02 pm

Submitted this afternoon for tomorrow morning's posting:

"Element 115", a parody of "Love Potion Number 9" by The Clovers (& also performed by The Searchers)

Element 115, a.k.a. "Ununpentium", is a stable transuranian element that supposedly can be used to generate gravitational fields that can warp the space-time continuum as predicted by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.  This is all based on claims made by a guy named Bob Lazar.

Read and decide for yourself ... Here's a variety of points of view on the Bob Lazar story ...

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1249.htm
http://www.ufomind.com/area51/people/lazar/
http://www.mufor.org/lazar.htm
http://www.serve.com/mahood/lazar/lazarmn.htm

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/18/04 at 1:16 am

Posting on Wednesday August 18th:

"Gee-O (Arwen's NDE Song)", parody of "Day-O (Banana Boat Song)" by Harry Belafonte

"The Noise Of Summer", parody of "The Boys Of Summer" by Don Henley

Check for new replies or respond here...