inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I really don't mean to be anal...

Written By: MysteryGoat on 07/26/04 at 12:06 am

Really I don't, but my name is spelled as one (1) word, albeit with two capital letters.

I.E. MysteryGoat

Subject: Re: I really don't mean to be anal...

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 07/26/04 at 2:04 am

I also do not wish to be rectal...sphincteral...colonal...buttocksal...gluteus maximusal...anal, but when I write Jake A Ralphing (Luke Brattoni), it is implied that my actual name is within the parentheses. So quit callin' me Jake! >:(

Written By: Meriadoc on 07/26/04 at 2:39 am

Really I don't, but my name is spelled as one (1) word, albeit with two capital letters.

I.E. MysteryGoat

When I jot down my list of SOTM parodies for my voting notes I always just put MG. MG is fine, isn't it? ;)

Meria-don't call me Doc :)

Written By: Meriadoc on 07/26/04 at 2:42 am

I also do not wish to be rectal...sphincteral...colonal...buttocksal...gluteus maximusal...anal, but when I write Jake A Ralphing (Luke Brattoni), it is implied that my actual name is within the parentheses. So quit callin' me Jake! >:(

How about Ralph? ;D

Or may I call you LittleLuke or Luke2? ::)

(Philbo probably understands that one.... ;) )

Written By: MooRocca on 07/26/04 at 7:59 am

I.E. MysteryGoat

Is it OK to call you "Goat Man?"  As in "Who can take the Goat Man..." (loved that parody!) or the theme song I hear in my head for you "I am the Goat Man, coo coo ca choo, coo coo ca choo..." 

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/26/04 at 10:32 am

My full name is John David Small, but y'all can call me Johnny D for short ... or long.  ;) ;D

Written By: philbo on 07/26/04 at 11:12 am

I.E. MysteryGoat

The one thing I'd like to add to this message is a quick congratulations for using "i.e." properly.  Go to the top of the English class :)

PhilboBaggins

PS

(Philbo probably understands that one.... ;) )

But I'm sure it'll go straight over Pippin's head ;)  Shame there aren't another couple of "Luke"s, as you'd be able to come up with "Who's the fourth, Luke?" or other mangled Star Wars quotes.

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 11:21 am

Well, MY full name is Arwen.  You can call me Arwen.  Or, Hottie Elf.  Or, Your Majesty.   ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/26/04 at 11:28 am

Well MY name is Ashkicksass.  But you can call me fabulous. 

Written By: MysteryGoat on 07/26/04 at 11:48 am

Goat Man, MG, a**hole, they're all good.  :) I'm just tired of seeing my name spelled as two words. Oddly enough, I always figured if I ever made it famous people would call me Goat Man & MG as nicks anyway.

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 11:52 am

Well MY name is Ashkicksass.  But you can call me fabulous. 

FAB-ulonic!

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 12:06 pm

Also, elks do not make you invisible.

And MysteryGoat, sometimes my sisters call me Ash-hole...

Also...the plural for elk is just plain elk.

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 12:17 pm

Then why did you add an "s" on the quote?   ???

Nice try, editor!  It says on there that you edited it...

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 12:29 pm

Curses!  Foiled again!  I was laughing so hard while I was editing it...

yeah...it's fun to think you're clever sometimes...i've been there!

Written By: PRobinson on 07/26/04 at 3:12 pm

Well, MY full name is Arwen.  You can call me Arwen.  Or, Hottie Elf.  Or, Your Majesty.   ;)

How about "Her Majesty, Lady Arwen of Hottie-Elf" ??
pr

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/26/04 at 3:25 pm

How about " Iluvatara, The Divine Yin That Perfectly Equals And Balances Iluvatar's Divine Yang " ?

That's right, I actually read the entire Silmarillion.  ;D

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 3:47 pm

How about "Her Majesty, Lady Arwen of Hottie-Elf" ??
pr

Let's see...Judges?  Yes...yes, that is acceptable, Paul... ;)

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 3:48 pm

How about " Iluvatara, The Divine Yin That Perfectly Equals And Balances Iluvatar's Divine Yang " ?

That's right, I actually read the entire Silmarillion.  ;D

I require that my nicknames are in my vocabulary...hehehe...It's okay, Johnny...I love you anyway.... ;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/26/04 at 4:30 pm

I require that my nicknames are in my vocabulary...hehehe...It's okay, Johnny...I love you anyway.... ;D

Just read the first ten pages of the first chapter of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Silmarillion"
and you'll add " Iluvatar " to your vocabulary.....
.....and then you'll comprehend the cosmic nature of my compliment to you.....

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.htm?http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/i/iluvatar.html

" Ilúvatar existed before the creation of Arda. He is also known as Eru and The One. His name Ilúvatar means ‘Father of All’. He made the Ainur, the ‘Holy Ones’, and and with them they created the Music of the Ainur. Fourteen of the great Ainur became the Valar, the fifteenth (Melkor) turned away from that path and became the first Dark Lord. The many other lesser Ainur that went into Arda became the Maiar, the servents and helpers of the Valar. Ilúvatar gave each of the Ainur different parts of his mind. Through The Music of the Ainur, Ilúvatar created a vision, which is called the Vision of Ilúvatar. He created the World and those who live in it. Only he fully knows the fates of everything. "

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/04 at 4:35 pm

Just read the first ten pages of the first chapter of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Silmarillion"
and you'll add " Iluvatar " to your vocabulary.....
.....and then you'll comprehend the cosmic nature of my compliment to you.....

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.htm?http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/i/iluvatar.html

" Ilúvatar existed before the creation of Arda. He is also known as Eru and The One. His name Ilúvatar means ‘Father of All’. He made the Ainur, the ‘Holy Ones’, and and with them they created the Music of the Ainur. Fourteen of the great Ainur became the Valar, the fifteenth (Melkor) turned away from that path and became the first Dark Lord. The many other lesser Ainur that went into Arda became the Maiar, the servents and helpers of the Valar. Ilúvatar gave each of the Ainur different parts of his mind. Through The Music of the Ainur, Ilúvatar created a vision, which is called the Vision of Ilúvatar. He created the World and those who live in it. Only he fully knows the fates of everything. "

WOWZA...

This just in...Johnny's name for Arwen is SOOO acceptable... :) :) :)

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/26/04 at 4:57 pm

well, my name is Billy Florio, but you can call me Goldar the Magnificant

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/27/04 at 5:18 pm

Aw come on, I RARELY have time to spell that out in a Comments  line or in the Msg Board, take it as an affectionate nickname, ok Jake? ::)

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 07/27/04 at 8:55 pm

In response to Little Miss Ashwipe's smartAsh tactic of now only referring to me via my 'Jake' nickname (should that be 'Jakename'?) I will not get agri-vated or spin off into agri-phobia if you do, Agrippa.

Yes, even confused me am myself I.  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...