inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Board is Gone

Written By: SI-MAE on 07/30/04 at 9:22 am

I couldn't help but notice that my board "The Greatest Parody on the Site" happens to be gone.

I'm curious, why? Is everyone so afraid of anyone having less-then-happy conversation with someone? If you would note, I did not once swear on that board, nor did I make any baseless charges.

Let me know. Or I'll believe I've won. And I know how you hate that.

Subject: Re: My Board is Gone

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/30/04 at 9:54 am

I couldn't help but notice that my board "The Greatest Parody on the Site" happens to be gone.

I'm curious, why? Is everyone so afraid of anyone having less-then-happy conversation with someone? If you would note, I did not once swear on that board, nor did I make any baseless charges.

Let me know. Or I'll believe I've won. And I know how you hate that.

I removed it because it appeared to be nothing more than stupid bickering and name calling, which is not something I promote on this site.

Written By: Arwen on 07/30/04 at 9:56 am

I removed it because it appeared to be nothing more than stupid bickering and name calling, which is not something I promote on this site.

I notice, however, that all of my and Ashkicksass' banter has been left untouched...so I'm happy to see that you DO promote ridiculous, yet intelligent bickering and name calling... ;)

Written By: SI-MAE on 08/09/04 at 12:53 pm

I appreciate I got an answer. However, I would not call it mindless bickering. I gave logical points on that board, countered in a fair and balanced way, and NOT ONCE instigated an argument. My original comment was taken the wrong way, but that was worked out. philbo later came back and instigated a response. I retorted with logic and common sense, some things this forum seems to be in short supply of. How's that mindless bickering, Mr. G?

It appears as though this entire site fears nothing more then the TRUTH. Enjoy living in your bubbles of one-sidedness where no one ever disagrees on anything and you are always right.

A great man once said, "The internet numbs the mind." That great man was a friend of mine. Another great man once said. "Parts of it. Some more then others. inthe00s, though, is the worst of it. I'm losing IQ every post I read." That man was Apricot.

This is the kind of board that drives people to suicide. Once again, enjoy your bubble, but do not think you have won because I left it. Know that I left it because I'm going to kill myself if I lose any more brain cells.

You aren't worth my time.

Written By: Apricot on 08/09/04 at 12:59 pm

I appreciate I got an answer. However, I would not call it mindless bickering. I gave logical points on that board, countered in a fair and balanced way, and NOT ONCE instigated an argument. My original comment was taken the wrong way, but that was worked out. philbo later came back and instigated a response. I retorted with logic and common sense, some things this forum seems to be in short supply of. How's that mindless bickering, Mr. G?

It appears as though this entire site fears nothing more then the TRUTH. Enjoy living in your bubbles of one-sidedness where no one ever disagrees on anything and you are always right.

A great man once said, "The internet numbs the mind." That great man was a friend of mine. Another great man once said. "Parts of it. Some more then others. inthe00s, though, is the worst of it. I'm losing IQ every post I read." That man was Apricot.

This is the kind of board that drives people to suicide. Once again, enjoy your bubble, but do not think you have won because I left it. Know that I left it because I'm going to kill myself if I lose any more brain cells.

They might take this as a bit offensive... I don't think this is as intelligent as most of your work, Maya.

Still, though, nicely done {some parts}

Apricot, still proud member of SI-MAE.

Written By: SI-MAE_The_Homunculus on 08/09/04 at 1:05 pm

.....SI-MAE, we know that you will always be lurking, reading, lurking, reading, even if you never post again.....lurk in peace, SI-MAE, lurk in peace.....we know you will always be there.....do not waste your time vowing to us that you will never look at this board again....for we know you will....you will....you cannot resist....we know you will be lurking here.....you know you cannot leave.....regardless of any vehement claims you may make to the contrary.....you cannot resist peeking-in here from time-to-time.....and we know you will, regardless of what you say from this point on.....

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/09/04 at 1:50 pm

Nor are you worth my time.  All you do is attack and name call.  I have no need for that crap on my site, there is plenty of it on the Net already, go play somewhere else.

Written By: Apricot on 08/10/04 at 11:24 am

All you do is attack and name call.  I have no need for that crap on my site, there is plenty of it on the Net already, go play somewhere else.

I do salute you for your desire for peace on your site. However, I believe you missed Maya's point. The main reason she's leaving the board is because people have been unable to see her as anything except an instigator, when she did NOT instigate the argument. And don't think that I'm only agreeing with her because I know her personally- I truly feel she is right, to a degree. Maybe some of the things she said could be taken as offensive, but for the most part, she stayed decent. Several neutral parties were shown the board before it's deletion, and each one of them agreed that Maya had not instigated the second disagreement with philbo, nor had she done "nothing but attack and name call". They saw both sides, which is all that Maya asked. She did not want to prove she was completely right, she wanted people to be more open minded. She even said to me the other night,

"You know, maybe I was offensive to some people. But I worked things out. I made one stupid comment and someone took it as a complaint. I'm not the kind of person to sit back and take it when I'm called a name or labeled as something I am not. I responded. I may have seemed irritated in that response- and I was! Of course I was mad! I'd worked things out, and the same person I'd worked it out with attacked me! I don't understand why I'm being made out to look like a total jerk in this situation. I acknowledge that I had a hand in it, but I wish people would see both sides: It was not all my doing. But it's never going to happen, people will contentedly live in their bubbles forever, never seeing anything but what they want to."

That is all I have to say for now.

This point will never make sense to anyone except Maya and myself.

Nor will the one I just made.

Written By: Apricot on 08/10/04 at 11:28 am

SI-MAE, we know that you will always be lurking, reading, lurking, reading, even if you never post again.....lurk in peace, SI-MAE, lurk in peace.....we know you will always be there.....do not waste your time vowing to us that you will never look at this board again....for we know you will....you will....you cannot resist....we know you will be lurking here.....you know you cannot leave.....regardless of any vehement claims you may make to the contrary.....you cannot resist peeking-in here from time-to-time.....and we know you will, regardless of what you say from this point on.....

Who is this? Is this some turkey mofo from the site that's afraid to show their face? You know my policy on cowardice: It's bad.

And yes, SI-MAE will live on. It will live on in me, even if Maya leaves. Plus, Icy and Crystal are getting accounts. Look out!

Written By: STG on 08/13/04 at 12:30 pm

Apricot, did you IM me at any time lately.

This is STG, and someone with the screenname Apricot IMed me.
JW, and one question if that was you....how the heck did you get my s/n??????

Written By: Apricot on 08/16/04 at 8:37 pm

Apricot, did you IM me at any time lately.

This is STG, and someone with the screenname Apricot IMed me.
JW, and one question if that was you....how the heck did you get my s/n??????

Was it "AIM Apricot" or just "Apricot"?

Check for new replies or respond here...