inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Masks Off! (M&P Revealed!)

Written By: Meriadoc on 08/02/04 at 12:25 am

Finally! - that big moment that all Amirighters have been waiting for!

The Merry and Pippin Revelation!  :o

Well, partial revelation anyway - you still won't know who we are but there will be a general genderfication...  ;)

We have placed three of our songs on Soundclick.com:

"It's a Folding Chair" - featuring both hobbits on the chorus, with a backing track kindly provided by Rick D. (This one recorded kind of quiet, so turn your volume all the way up!)  :)

"Sh*tty Flamingos" - a one hobbit vocal, sort of dubbed over the OS

and

"Letter B" - also a one hobbit vocal with some very entertaining scat singing. Don't miss it!  ;D

The URL is: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/merryandpippinmusic.htm

I believe you have to go to the Soundclick.com home page first and sign up as a listener (free and with no strings attached), then you can download the song to a temp file by choosing 'lo-fi' and listen in Winamp or Real Player. Once you have listened, please be so kind as to vote ("hot/flop") and leave a comment ("discuss").

Note that Ethan (under "Ethan Mawyer") and Rick & Mari (under MAD and RAD) also have songs at Soundclick! Please check them all out!

M  ;)

Subject: Re: Masks Off! (M&P Revealed!)

Written By: Peregrin on 08/02/04 at 12:49 am

Oh crap!  :o

Did I agree to this?  :o

Written By: Meriadoc on 08/02/04 at 12:50 am

Oh crap!  :o

Did I agree to this?  :o

You have no will but mine.... ;)

Written By: Arwen on 08/02/04 at 8:56 am

I can't get it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: Claude_Prez on 08/02/04 at 1:07 pm

Finally!  Well done M&P.

Written By: EthanM on 08/02/04 at 3:08 pm

so i was right all along... i guess i couldn't be told i was so i wouldn't tell other people

Written By: Arwen on 08/02/04 at 3:30 pm

I'm SO in a fight with whoever is responsible for it not working for me.  >:(

Written By: Peregrin on 08/02/04 at 4:47 pm

I'm SO in a fight with whoever is responsible for it not working for me.  >:(

Arwen, what part isn't working for you?  Maybe Merry or I can help?

Or do you mean the singing doesn't sound right?  If that's the case, NO !  That's the way it is!  ;D

Written By: Arwen on 08/02/04 at 4:53 pm

Arwen, what part isn't working for you?  Maybe Merry or I can help?

Or do you mean the singing doesn't sound right?  If that's the case, NO !  That's the way it is!  ;D

Well, I did the whole sign up thing...got my username/account (which was annoying enough, as "Arwen" was already taken)...but then when I went to listen to your stuff...it just wouldn't connect to it...it kept just saying "connecting" at the bottom of my player...and finally it would time out.

Hmph!!  >:( :\'( >:(

Written By: Leo Jay on 08/02/04 at 6:17 pm

Well, you guys (and I mean that in the non-gender-specific sense) had me fooled...

Written By: Rick D on 08/02/04 at 9:43 pm

Glad you found a way through the mud, Mer and Pip. If you are ever out toward our neck of the woods, we'll do something more pro in our real studio. If you guys want to hear a hilarious song that has nothing to do with Amiright, but is on Soundclick go down the top 100 comedy songs chart and listen to the Worm Quartette's "Great Idea For A Song" (it's at 21 right now) Boy, is that funny. You can vote on that site as well and make recordings ride the wave. I notice Ethan's  "K-Mart is up there. "Media Celebrity" was on for a while, but seems to have sunk. Maybe we can kick each others' back up the chart.

Written By: Meriadoc on 08/03/04 at 12:25 am

so i was right all along... i guess i couldn't be told i was so i wouldn't tell other people

Qu'est ce que c'est? ???

Written By: Meriadoc on 08/03/04 at 12:28 am

Glad you found a way through the mud, Mer and Pip. If you are ever out toward our neck of the woods, we'll do something more pro in our real studio.

oooooh! Magic wand! Please, please! (can we get Johnny in there too, with some whipped cream? ;) )

Written By: Arwen on 08/03/04 at 12:46 am

I

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

got it to work!!!

Hooray!!! 

:) :) :) :) :)

(no pouting!)

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 08/03/04 at 2:10 am

I

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

got it to work!!!

Hooray!!! 

:) :) :) :) :)

(no pouting!)

That's
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY
COOL! It never occurred to me that all those colourful icons above actually provided some sort of purpose!

Written By: Arwen on 08/03/04 at 9:16 am

That's
REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY
COOL! It never occurred to me that all those colourful icons above actually provided some sort of purpose!

Yeah, me neither, Luke...but then I HAD to find a way to show exactly how excited I was...so I fiddled.  Yes I did.

Written By: Meriadoc on 08/03/04 at 5:34 pm

Thanks to everyone who listened and voted. I have uploaded two more songs "Menstruental Friend" and "Predatory Man" and by the end of the day should have two or three more up, including one of me attempting to warble off key to "Peeled at a Bris." ::)

And Rick and Ethan - i listened to a few more of yours and gave them a vote. :)

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/04/04 at 2:43 am

i havent had a chance to listen to these yet (my comps are messed up)....but if itll make you feel better, I feel like the promised land is in view, but I cant reach it, as the answer (or at least part of it) to this centurys great hobbit mystery is at my fingertips, but I cant access it......this is pure torture lol

Written By: PRobinson on 08/04/04 at 9:29 pm

Yes, I will be checking it out soon. 

Written By: mandamoo on 08/05/04 at 3:37 am

I finally checked it out !  What clever little Hobbits you are ! Very impressive !  Pippin's 'Turning Siamese' is hysterical....as is 'Letter B' ! ;D 

Merry, I loved your 'Peeled At A Bris'. Damnit ! I thought they were all brilliant. :D

Congratulations on putting them to music. Your lyrics translated perfectly IMO ! :)

Hope you don't mind if I do a little downloading ?! ;)

Written By: Peregrin on 08/05/04 at 4:34 am

I finally checked it out !  What clever little Hobbits you are ! Very impressive !  Pippin's 'Turning Siamese' is hysterical....as is 'Letter B' ! ;D 

Merry, I loved your 'Peeled At A Bris'. Damnit ! I thought they were all brilliant. :D

Congratulations on putting them to music. Your lyrics translated perfectly IMO ! :)

Hope you don't mind if I do a little downloading ?! ;)

Not at all, mandamoo, please do in fact  :)

Thanks for your comments  :)

And thanks to everyone for their comments  ;)

Written By: MooRocca on 08/07/04 at 10:08 am

Very nice!  I've listened to only one so far... I have to be somewhere in a few minutes, so I was just going to call up the page and come back later, but I couldn't resist listening to "It's a Folding Chair."  Your voices sound good together. ;) 

Check for new replies or respond here...