inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Long Time, Won't See.

Written By: EmiLoca on 08/02/04 at 3:28 am

Dear Fellow AmIRighters Who Might Give A Care If EmiLoca Should Take A Month-Long Parody Writing Hiatus,

I am going to take a month-long parody writing hiatus.  This will be just for the month of August, to straighten and/or figure out some personal problems and settle down a bit. You may have noticed that I've been submitting lots of nothing lately, and I'd tell you why if it weren't for my eternally enigmatic personality. I wouldn't say this break is "well-deserved" so much as "needed", so I appreciate your patience. As much insignificance as this may have on your lives, I feel that it's only necessary to take up space on the board with a topic devoted to a long-winded explanation as to why I'm leaving for a while in order to live up to my reputation as...

Okay, okay!  I'm leaving now!  SHEESH.    ;)

Love'n'Sushi,

Emi  :-*

Subject: Re: Long Time, Won't See.

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/02/04 at 6:59 am

Dear Fellow AmIRighters Who Might Give A Care If EmiLoca Should Take A Month-Long Parody Writing Hiatus,

I am going to take a month-long parody writing hiatus.  This will be just for the month of August, to straighten and/or figure out some personal problems and settle down a bit. You may have noticed that I've been submitting lots of nothing lately, and I'd tell you why if it weren't for my eternally enigmatic personality. I wouldn't say this break is "well-deserved" so much as "needed", so I appreciate your patience. As much insignificance as this may have on your lives, I feel that it's only necessary to take up space on the board with a topic devoted to a long-winded explanation as to why I'm leaving for a while in order to live up to my reputation as...

Okay, okay!  I'm leaving now!  SHEESH.    ;)

Love'n'Sushi,

Emi  :-*

Peace, Emi.  Come on back soon, y'hear?  

Johnny D  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/02/04 at 10:00 am

We love you Emi!  Hope everything works out for you, and we'll be looking for you in September...

Written By: Leo Jay on 08/02/04 at 10:47 am

We'll miss you!

Written By: Arwen on 08/02/04 at 12:21 pm

Oh, Emi...come back soon, okay?  Hope everything is okay...

Written By: 2nz on 08/02/04 at 1:26 pm

Good luck with getting your shtuff in order. I don't know about everyone else, but I think coming in 2nd the first time you enter SOTM is really something. Salute, to the owner of some of the best 'Disney song' parodies I've ever heard (And yes that includes your version of 'Under the Sea'). Take care.

Written By: philbo on 08/02/04 at 1:30 pm

Don't get too downheartened 'cause "Eat the Rest" got pipped by the Spaff, EmiLoca ;)

There's nothing to say you *have* to keep posting parodies day in, day out.  It's just that little devil on the back that keeps whipping you, saying "Submit! Submit!".

'scuse me, I've got to take my medication now ;)

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 08/02/04 at 9:08 pm

Maa, maa. Hello, I am a sheep.
Who has a liking for jumping on bandwagons.

In other words, Emi and I were going to do a parody about the ludicrously long amount (around 400 comments) of feedback in 'Hittin' on EmiLoca' but I was unable to because I am now under the cat-o-nine-tails of every teacher in my school because (sadly) I am the one who has a chance of making them look like they've actually taught something when final exams arrive. So I now take EmiLoca's lead (it was for the wedding night *sigh*) and leap onto the 'Taking A Break Until Personal Baggage Can Be Offloaded Into A Charity Bin' bandwagon.
*munch munch* Mmm, wagon wheels...

Check for new replies or respond here...