inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "whatfreaks" limericks/haiku's: should a "comments" section be added?

Written By: PRobinson on 08/12/04 at 10:26 pm

I mentioned this item in a comment over on the "whatfreaks" site a couple days ago.  ChuckyG indicated that if people wanted it he would add it to that site.   So I'm posting this to see if anyone wants to weigh in on it.

Thanks,

Paul R.

Subject: Re: "whatfreaks" limericks/haiku's: should a "comments" section be added?

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/12/04 at 10:32 pm

Yes, absolutely, a comments section for limericks and haiku's will stimulate interest and make it easier for surfers to browse --- I am 100% in favor of it!

Say, Paul, have you noticed, today and yesterday over on whatfreaks, the parody comments work, but the parody voting doesn't work? 

Subject: Re: "whatfreaks" limericks/haiku's: should a "comments" section be added?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/13/04 at 9:52 am

Yes, absolutely, a comments section for limericks and haiku's will stimulate interest and make it easier for surfers to browse --- I am 100% in favor of it!

Say, Paul, have you noticed, today and yesterday over on whatfreaks, the parody comments work, but the parody voting doesn't work? 

I think there's still a few scripts broken from the other day, I think the parody submission script is hosed too... I was using the wrong path in my scripts, and I guess Cobalt servers can change site numbers dynamically...  I'll try and get everything tested again tonight before I begin coding new functionality.  I still need to get it set up to allow Pail to validate new entries.

Written By: Royce Miller on 08/13/04 at 10:34 am

I mentioned this item in a comment over on the "whatfreaks" site a couple days ago.  ChuckyG indicated that if people wanted it he would add it to that site.   So I'm posting this to see if anyone wants to weigh in on it.

Thanks,

Paul R.

I'd like to see a comments section for limericks

Written By: Mr X on 08/13/04 at 12:55 pm

Hey...you didn't suggest that comments sections should be added to parodies. or did you?

Also, I'm surprised there's no 60s section on What freaks either; in fact, I'm sure there are quite a few parodies on that site whose original songs came out then. Also, the "default" deacde on the submission form should be "misc" just like on amiright.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/13/04 at 10:18 pm

everything on whatfreaks for parodies should be like amiright now.

I'm also a lot closer to handing over the reigns of the parodies...

Written By: PRobinson on 08/17/04 at 11:55 pm

Johnny D - I missed your comment before now,  actually I didn't know any of it was working after the script glitch of last week until I went over a day or so ago and saw a couple of votes and comments posted again.  Seems OK now, though.

ChuckyG - waiting in baited anticipation.

"Pail" R

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/18/04 at 11:27 am

Johnny D - I missed your comment before now,  actually I didn't know any of it was working after the script glitch of last week until I went over a day or so ago and saw a couple of votes and comments posted again.  Seems OK now, though.

ChuckyG - waiting in baited anticipation.

"Pail" R

I should get some free time towards the end of this week.  I'm busy trying to finish some home improvement projects at the moment, but they're almost completed so I should have more time to spend on the site.

are people still submitting parodies? there weren't too many submitted this weekend.  I couldn't even check the last two days.  I'll do an update tonight and then begin work on setting up Paul to handle the day to day fun.

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/18/04 at 11:38 am

are people still submitting parodies? there weren't too many submitted this weekend.  I couldn't even check the last two days.  I'll do an update tonight and then begin work on setting up Paul to handle the day to day fun.

Several days ago I submitted "Masturbator", a parody of Jim Croce's song "Operator".  And I also submitted some limericks, too.  Neither "Masturbator" nor my limericks showed up.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/18/04 at 12:22 pm

Several days ago I submitted "Masturbator", a parody of Jim Croce's song "Operator".  And I also submitted some limericks, too.  Neither "Masturbator" nor my limericks showed up.

I'm not going to update limericks until I revamp that section. 

I think your parody got lost, I suggest resubmitting it.  I believe it was on the day I reworked the parody submission system, and I lost two on that day.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/18/04 at 12:27 pm

I should also point out, that unless you tell me of a problem, I won't know about it.  Whether I fix it or not, is another story.  At this point, I expect the parody section to be 100% fully functional.

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/18/04 at 12:40 pm

I should also point out, that unless you tell me of a problem, I won't know about it.  Whether I fix it or not, is another story.  At this point, I expect the parody section to be 100% fully functional.

I didn't consider the failure of those items to post to be a problem, I just assumed that their posting was delayed because of the work you were doing on the site, and it turns out my conclusion was correct.

If I thought there was a problem, I would have contacted you, Chuck.  Thanks very much for all the work you're doing.  :)

Written By: PRobinson on 08/18/04 at 5:13 pm

ChuckyG - Just as an FYI, I submitted one parody to "whatfreaks" a couple days ago that has not appeared either.    Not a big deal either.  I'll wait a bit more and resubmit it if it doesn't show up. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/19/04 at 6:22 am

I did an update today. if your parody still isn't up, resubmit it.

Written By: PRobinson on 08/21/04 at 3:59 am

ChuckyG - FYI - my "missing" parody showed up on Aug. 19th entries.  Thanks.

Paul R

Check for new replies or respond here...