inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: WHATFREAKS.... funny spam I got for that site

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/19/04 at 9:10 pm

I am contacting you about cross linking. I am interested in whatfreaks.com because it looks like it's relevant to a site for which I am seeking links.

The site belongs to a leading health information company.  It offers extensive information about the causes and treatment of back pain.  This is a newly developed site that is professionally designed and expected to grow to PageRank 5 or higher.

I'll keep the web address confidential and will send it to you only if you give me permission to do so. Just let me know if it's OK, and I'll send you the web address for your review. If you approve of the site, then the intention is to exchange links.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Johnny Diaz - Sr. Link Builder

Subject: Re: WHATFREAKS.... funny spam I got for that site

Written By: PRobinson on 08/20/04 at 7:26 am

Well, ChuckyG, I guess SOME of the things suggested in a few "whatfreaks" submissions MIGHT POSSIBLY relieve back pain, although I certainly would not make that representation for any of mine...

Paul R

Written By: philbo on 08/20/04 at 7:35 am

That is vaguely surreal...

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 08/20/04 at 8:00 am

One hopes that :

"Johnny Diaz - Sr. Link Builder"

is not being paid too much for the work he is doing for this company  ;D

"Come in Mr Diaz, your time is up..."  :)

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/21/04 at 2:19 am

One hopes that :

"Johnny Diaz - Sr. Link Builder"

is not being paid too much for the work he is doing for this company  ;D

"Come in Mr Diaz, your time is up..."  :)

Too weird, too weird..... BTW, that "Johnny Diaz" is NOT this "Johnny D", folks.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/21/04 at 7:34 am

Too weird, too weird..... BTW, that "Johnny Diaz" is NOT this "Johnny D", folks.

really? the email address and phone number matched up to yours

>GRIN<

just kiddin'

anyways, I get link request spam all the time.  I stopped linking to most sites a very long time ago unless they were very definitive and very large.  At one point, I had a whole links section on inthe80s, and out of 5000 links, about 500 would be dead every two months.  Too many sites coming and going, way too much work.  The one I linked to on whatfreaks originally is even gone now.  John Valby though will probably be around for quite some time I hope though.  One of these days I have to catch one of his shows.

Check for new replies or respond here...