inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Invincible Announces His Retirement

Written By: The Invincible on 08/21/04 at 11:03 am

With the release and publication of my 20th parody tomorrow or Monday, I have come to a very difficult decision. I love AmIRight and I love writing parodies, but there are so many things that I have to do first. This is so difficult. I wanted to say so many things and now I don't know how to say them. Anyway, thanks to everyone who read and rated my parodies, and especially thanks to those who left comments. You made it all worthwhile. I'll be gone for a while, going to college, working at my job, and taking my new car and license and driving far, far away. Farewell.

Subject: Re: Invincible Announces His Retirement

Written By: philbo on 08/23/04 at 3:56 pm

Not a "farewell" so much as a TTFN

Parody writing gets in the blood... I'm sure we'll see another one or two cropping up every so often.  And you can't drive far, far away from an internet connection ;)

See you round

Phil

Written By: adagio on 08/23/04 at 6:04 pm

Yea...definitely just TTFN.  After awhile you are irreverisibly sucked in.  ;D  Keep in touch.

Written By: Arwen on 08/24/04 at 12:10 am

One time I took a break on account of the fact that I wanted to spend my free time with this stupid boy...

But alas...he's out of the picture...and when I came back to the site, my AmiRight friends were still here...waiting with open arms...many of them weeping in despair at my absence...but rejoicing at my return...

Or maybe they were just like, "Oh, you've been gone?" 

But, either way...when you want to come back...we'll be here... :)

Be good...

Written By: Peregrin on 08/24/04 at 1:42 am

Take care Invincible, do what you have to do  :)

And come back, if you will  :)  Always welcome  :)

Written By: jreuben on 08/24/04 at 8:07 am

You just need to find a "stupid boy" on amiright, and you're set...kill two birds with one stone!  ;D

One time I took a break on account of the fact that I wanted to spend my free time with this stupid boy...

But alas...he's out of the picture...and when I came back to the site, my AmiRight friends were still here...waiting with open arms...many of them weeping in despair at my absence...but rejoicing at my return...

Or maybe they were just like, "Oh, you've been gone?" 

But, either way...when you want to come back...we'll be here... :)

Be good...

Written By: Arwen on 08/24/04 at 9:12 am

You just need to find a "stupid boy" on amiright, and you're set...kill two birds with one stone!   ;D

There are just too many stupid boys on AmiRight to choose from, Jeff!  ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/25/04 at 8:04 am

This is like Harper Lee not writing another "To Kill A Mockingbird"! Or Bill Watterson retiring from "Calvin & Hobbes"!  :D

Vinc, this is a TTFN. Note that I had a ten-year "career" in parody writing that was semi-retired for 5 years, but became full throttle again with amiright. It ain't over til yer dead.

Good luck, pal (if you are still reading the site). 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...