inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is anyone else sick of Tokusou Sentai Blessranger?

Written By: Jared on 09/04/04 at 12:45 pm

I am sick and tired of him/her (anyone know TSB's gender?  I assume TSB's female but don't want another Merry & Pippin situation)  With all this Sesame Street and Power Rangers crap TSB's posting, I wonder about TSB's age.....then again, the original songs TSB knows proves TSB's not a little kid.

But the point is, TSB has been churning out this kddie crap ad nauseum, and at an alarming rate..nobody votes, cause most likely they don't know the original songs on the Sesame Street parodies, or just can't stand the subject matter, but s/he just won't quit!  And TSB's kiddie show fetish needs to stop, or TSB needs to leave AmIRight.  I am sick of Tokusou Senta Blessranger

Am I alone in feeling this way, or does anyone else want TSB , first class weirdo that s/he is,to just quit, lose the fetish, or leave?

Subject: Re: Is anyone else sick of Tokusou Sentai Blessranger?

Written By: Peregrin on 09/04/04 at 9:01 pm

Hey Jared!

This is a hard one.  You cannot necessarily judge TSB's age by what songs they do or do not know, they could well have the influence of older siblings or parents.  My son is 15 and he is very familiar with lots of stuff from the 60's and 70's, because he grew up next to me playing it ad nauseum  :)

If, as you say, that other voters don't vote for reasons A, B or C etc, why not just leave it at that.

When you say "And TSB's kiddie show fetish needs to stop, or TSB needs to leave AmIRight", it comes across as very cliquey.  That to me at least, is a worrying sign. 

TSB's reaction may well be "Who are you to put a value judgement on the merit of TSB's parodies, decide that they are kiddie, or what have you" ?

Why not just simply ignore TSB's parodies?  I mean, apart from seeing them in a list (and you can choose not to click on them) what other impact is it having on you?

Written By: Arwen on 09/04/04 at 9:38 pm

I don't know most of the subject matter that TSB parodies...so I've only read a bit of his/her work. 

While I'm not a fan...he/she has as much right to post as many songs as he/she wants to as someone who you consider to be "good." 

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/04/04 at 10:47 pm

I second the hobbit and the elf. (If I had a dollar for every time I've heard THAT line...) The whole idea of the site is that, if you are interested in the song being parodied, the subject of the parody or simply enjoy the artist's work, you read it. I can hardly see how you can pinpoint a single person on the site that you are irritated with out of hundreds who do exactly as s/he has done. Why, if you really were after somebody irritating, you'd acknowledge TJ Spindler as the almighty force of all that is pubescent and ignorant... :-X

Written By: Jared on 09/04/04 at 10:51 pm

Ehh, I guess you guys are right...Iguess I just flet like ineeded to vent so posted my angry thoughts...but the three of you are right, sorry about everything.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/04/04 at 11:05 pm

Awww, let's all pat poor Jared on the back! :)
Fetch the man a beaver! (referring to the castor rodent, of course. Just a random phrase I use...)

Written By: EmiLoca on 09/05/04 at 1:24 am

It's okay.  I was actually going to support your statement, but Arwen is already on my bad side and I know better than to argue with her.  :-[

Written By: K1chyd on 09/05/04 at 12:09 pm

I think "confused" is what I am about the TSB man/woman/whatever. I´ve posted comments a couple of times but it seems like he/she/it isn´t looking for that. Never makes comments on others parodies too.

I mean, pumping out that many paroides it it obvious that he/she/it puts a lot of time into this hobby. A lot of time. Yet doesn´t seem to be at all interested in feedback (or the community). Will Tong does the same periodically, but with an agenda of his own that we all know about. But I really can´t see how TSBs fetichism could be even any kind of early pro-Big-Bird for prez i 2008 testing campaign... :-)

Written By: K1chyd on 09/05/04 at 12:14 pm

Jared! Loved the Avatar!

It should be the symbol for ice hockey player Tomas Holmström (Detroit Red Wings), so far the best Swedish player in the ongoing World Cup. He goes by the nick "Homer" in the States and the nick "Demolition Man" in Sweden. This summons up both! :-)

Written By: Apricot on 09/06/04 at 2:48 pm

you'd acknowledge TJ Spindler as the almighty force of all that is pubescent and ignorant... :-X

YES!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING!

Anyway, I have noticed a bit of TSB's seemingly neverending stream of Sesame Street stuff. It gets a bit annoying, because he lack originality in his topic choice, but maybe that's just a speciality of his. William Tong does a lot of political stuff, so why not have TSB do Sesame Street? I admit though, it does annoy me to have to scroll through so many gosh darn Sesame Street songs to find a good one... But then, I just ignore them.

Written By: Arwen on 09/06/04 at 8:02 pm

It's okay.  I was actually going to support your statement, but Arwen is already on my bad side and I know better than to argue with her.   :-[

No more frowns, Emi...I'm not mad at you any the more...

Written By: EmiLoca on 09/06/04 at 9:01 pm

No more frowns, Emi...I'm not mad at you any the more...

Oh, joy! *hug*  I'm sorry, Auntie 'Wen!  I'll never question your beauty again!

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/07/04 at 12:42 pm

I've commented elsewhere...TSB is the Salvador Dali of amiright.com.  I go to his parodies every once in a while, just to get freaked out.  He/she never has taken heed of my songwriting advice. Oh well, rock on, dude.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/07/04 at 12:47 pm

I mean, pumping out that many paroides it it obvious that he/she/it puts a lot of time into this hobby. A lot of time. Yet doesn´t seem to be at all interested in feedback (or the community). Will Tong does the same periodically, but with an agenda of his own that we all know about. But I really can´t see how TSBs fetichism could be even any kind of early pro-Big-Bird for prez i 2008 testing campaign... :-)

when I first invited Will to post his parodies here too, I got that complaint a lot.  Espcecially because he began posting his back catalog, and there were dozens of other parodies posted every day.  At one point, even when he was only posting three or four parodies a day, he could have half the daily new listing.  Tokusou isn't anywhere near that (nor will anyone else ever have that ability on this site again I bet).  I fielded lots of "make him" stop complaints, but basically I told people to just crank out more stuff and it won't be as noticable.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/07/04 at 3:36 pm

I can't believe you started this thread.  How would you feel if someone started a thread with the subject of "Is anyone else sick of Jared?" 

Written By: Jared on 09/07/04 at 5:30 pm

HEY CHuvk...waht happenned to my "Blessranger!" parody?  I siad it wasn't meant as an attack, why was it taken down?  The link just leads to a 404 now.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/07/04 at 6:16 pm

HEY CHuvk...waht happenned to my "Blessranger!" parody?  I siad it wasn't meant as an attack, why was it taken down?  The link just leads to a 404 now.

you may have said it wasn't an attack.. but saying "you're parodies are lame" isn't real friendly or helpful

Check for new replies or respond here...