inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is T.J. Spindler gone for good now?

Written By: Apricot on 09/08/04 at 2:47 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/frankee2.shtml

This is where the main question lies. After quite a lot of people spoke out against this song, and Spindler could not counter their comments logically, he decided to threaten to leave... again.

At one time, Spindler threatened to leave, but didn't. Don't know why, think Your Worst Nightmare wrote a parody asking him not to. Anyway, that's beyond the point. Does anyone know if he's gone for good?

By the way, before you start making blind accusations at me or anyone else, read THE ENTIRE argument. You might not get some of it, because it also takes place on some other Spindler parodies. By the way, I AM the Apricot he mentions. Ask anyone else who was on the board with me about it, and they'll give you the story.

IF anyone is in the know, share it. Thanks

Subject: Re: Is T.J. Spindler gone for good now?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/08/04 at 3:23 pm

the more you pay attention to him, the more he will end up hanging around.

the parody you posted is an attack parody, and probably should be removed (and never posted in the first place).

Written By: Apricot on 09/08/04 at 6:17 pm

the parody you posted is an attack parody, and probably should be removed (and never posted in the first place).

How did it get through to begin with? It was some random song written by Spindler and his brother, probably no real basis. Still, it's violent, and the comments {Spindler's} basically badmouth you continuously. But I do see what you mean by "the more you pay attention..." bit. I'm just trying to see if he's gone for good or not.

Written By: Apricot on 09/08/04 at 6:19 pm

I don't know anything about T.J. Spindler, but I can't believe that Leo Jay is on your respect list and I'm not.

I respect Leo Jay because he conducts himself with level head, offers good advice, an is able to remain fair and balanced. I have not heard enough from you outside of "The Only Thread That Matters", and what I have seen isn't good.

If you truly wish to be on my respect, prove that you belong there.

Written By: EmiLoca on 09/08/04 at 8:35 pm

I'm really, really glad that we're all getting along so well. 

T.J. is nothing but a rude pain in the lower extremity, and as long as he's posting parodies like the one you linked to, Apricot, he is off my respect list and on my nerves.  But again, hopefully he will never come here and see that he has an entire thread about him...might, you know, convince him to return...

Written By: 2nz on 09/08/04 at 9:16 pm

It's been a while since I've seen so many Springer-like comments in such fast succession. I support Chucky whether he decides to get rid of it or not. If he does, it might stir up TJ and bring him back onto the site, but that parody wouldn't annoy any more parody random-button surfers. However, according to the guidelines that Chucky has posted currently, there is nothing wrong with the parody. Sex is censorable, but violence is not. And insulting, argumentative, or distasteful comments can result in the removal of those comments, but not the parody that they are attached to. At least, those are the unspoken rules as I am aware of them currently.

Personally, I got no enjoyment out of the Spindler parody. I could bad-mouth it, but others have done a much better job of that on the actual parody. It is a big, giant inside joke that shows bad taste and bad form and it has inspired me to not read any more of TJ's parodies. Like Chucky said,

Written By: EmiLoca on 09/08/04 at 10:28 pm

Amen, brother.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/08/04 at 10:37 pm

Hallelujah.

Written By: Arwen on 09/09/04 at 11:42 am

Good.  Lord.  "Fair and balanced".

I'd rather not be associated with that particular expression, thank you very moist.

LOL.  I love you, Leo Jay...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/09/04 at 2:45 pm

If you truly wish to be on my respect, prove that you belong there.

So what are the requirements for making it onto the list?  Is there an application that needs filling out, or references perchance?  And why didn't Arwen make the cut?  As far as I know she's never done anything bad to you.  She's AmIRight's sweetheart, doncha know.  Oh, and would you be offended if I made a sexy bastard list for my signature?

And I am not being sarcastic right now.  I swear I am not.

And furthermore, I don't like TJ either.

Written By: Apricot on 09/09/04 at 8:02 pm

So what are the requirements for making it onto the list?  Is there an application that needs filling out, or references perchance?  And why didn't Arwen make the cut?  As far as I know she's never done anything bad to you.  She's AmIRight's sweetheart, doncha know.  Oh, and would you be offended if I made a sexy bastard list for my signature?

And I am not being sarcastic right now.  I swear I am not.

And furthermore, I don't like TJ either.

Glad you don't like TJ.

Anyway, everyone on their respect list has proven to conduct themselves in a respectful way, or hold respectable qualities, usually both. I have noticed outstanding qualities in those people. If you notice, Maya, one of my closest friends, is not on that list. Most of things occuring on "The Greatest Parody on the Site" board were not ENTIRELY her doing, but she did not conduct herself politely when dealing with any accusers. She does not make the list. Arwen has not been rude to me or any other member of SI-MAE, but she has not proven to have outstanding respectable qualities that would put her on the list, even if she is "AmIRight's Sweetheart". I haven't seen it.

On that note, I don't give a d*mn what you put for your signature. I don't entirely understand the "sexy bastard" idea, though. Lemme know about that.

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/09/04 at 11:49 pm

the fact that there is a respect list is just insane.  If there are people you dont like then just dont bother with them.  Theres no reason to disrespect everyone else (and take respect away from yourself because youre playing favorites). 

as you can see Im P.O.ed that Im not on the list  ::) :P

Written By: Apricot on 09/10/04 at 2:23 pm

So I can count on your signature if it comes to my angry petition, Billy?   ;)

Thank you.  I'll never forget this...

What happened to "I don't need and/or want your respect?"

The reason I do the list is to honor good people, not snub everyone else. If you're not on it, you've done nothing worthy of being on it. Most of the people not on the list are okay by me, but your conduct has not proven to be outstanding.

Anyone who's really bothered, send me A Personal Message and let me know.

Written By: EmiLoca on 09/10/04 at 4:36 pm

Don't mind Auntie 'Wen, Ape...she made me change my signature, too.  ;)

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/10/04 at 8:15 pm

So I can count on your signature if it comes to my angry petition, Billy?   ;)

Thank you.  I'll never forget this...

You know what Arwen, we should start our own list...and only the people we think should be on will be on it....and we wont tell anyone how they can get on it either...all the better for making it as exclusive as we want....It would be so exclusive that we wouldnt even tell anyone except other list members whos on the list....and those people's memories would then be erased of the fact that we told them...its perfect....

unfortunatly, neither of us meet the requirments to be on the list  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/10/04 at 9:35 pm

You know what Arwen, we should start our own list...and only the people we think should be on will be on it....and we wont tell anyone how they can get on it either...all the better for making it as exclusive as we want....It would be so exclusive that we wouldnt even tell anyone except other list members whos on the list....and those people's memories would then be erased of the fact that we told them...its perfect....

unfortunatly, neither of us meet the requirments to be on the list  ;)

Damn...guess I'll have to be on it all by myself...

Written By: Arwen on 09/11/04 at 2:01 am

darn...guess I'll have to be on it all by myself...

New crown, Ash...I dig it.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/11/04 at 11:28 am

New crown, Ash...I dig it.

And again, TIARA.  Geez...

Written By: Arwen on 09/11/04 at 6:55 pm

And again, TIARA.  Geez...

Don't start, Princess...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/12/04 at 9:42 pm

Don't start, Princess...

Vroom vroom.

Written By: 2nz on 09/13/04 at 11:18 am

HELLO MOTOr

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/13/04 at 12:56 pm

HELLO MOTOr

LOL!

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 2:55 pm

Take your random pictures over to your random picture board. I'm not having that here.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, I just don't want everything to turn into random picture boards.

Written By: Arwen on 09/13/04 at 3:15 pm

I'm not trying to be argumentative.  I swear.  That might be hard to believe given our recent history...but I'm forced to ask...

What DO you want this thread to be?  Simply a TJ Spindler bash?  Because that's not allowed.

And her picture wasn't really random...it referenced my comment. 

So...anyway... 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/13/04 at 3:17 pm

Take your random pictures over to your random picture board. I'm not having that here.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, I just don't want everything to turn into random picture boards.

Bite me. 

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 4:28 pm

Bite me. 

Go to Hell.

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/13/04 at 4:34 pm

Bite me. 

Go to Hell.

By the power vested in me by The Order Of The Istari, I now pronounce you spam and strife.

Written By: Arwen on 09/13/04 at 4:41 pm

By the power vested in me by The Order Of The Istari, I now pronounce you spam and strife.

John-dalf the White!  Nice...

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 5:32 pm

You are a genius, man.

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/13/04 at 6:22 pm

You are a genius, man.

Ahh, you are too kind, too kind...

...But, no, I am simply an old man...

...who leans on his walking stick...

...and who puts on fireworks-displays for simple hobbit-folk...

...and who enjoys blowing smoke-rings with a pipe of Longbottom Leaf...

...and who ZAPS THE LIVING SH*T OUT OF NAZGUL, ORCS, BALROGS, AND ALL MINIONS OF SAURON OF BARAD-DUR!

Written By: Johnny_D on 09/13/04 at 6:25 pm

Ahh, you are too kind, too kind...

...But, no, I am simply an old man...

...who leans on his walking stick...

...and who puts on fireworks-displays for simple hobbit-folk...

...and who enjoys blowing smoke-rings with a pipe of Longbottom Leaf...

...and who ZAPS THE LIVING SH*T OUT OF NAZGUL, ORCS, BALROGS, AND ALL MINIONS OF SAURON OF BARAD-DUR!

Well, alright, technically it WAS only ONE Balrog....but it was a mean & nasty S.O.B.-of-a-Balrog, lemme tell ya!

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 6:33 pm

I'm not trying to be argumentative.  I swear.  That might be hard to believe given our recent history...but I'm forced to ask...

What DO you want this thread to be?  Simpley a TJ Spindler bash?  Because that's not allowed.

And her picture wasn't really random...it referenced my comment. 

So...anyway... 

I just didn't want it to escalate into random pics.

This was just meant to see if TJ was really gone or not. I meant not to bash, just to know.

Written By: dudeydudedude on 09/14/04 at 5:10 pm

http://hem.passagen.se/se2/vbtnhtml/crybaby.gif

Written By: Arwen on 09/14/04 at 5:17 pm

http://hem.passagen.se/se2/vbtnhtml/crybaby.gif

can't see the pic!

Written By: YWN on 05/23/05 at 8:19 pm

I believe that TJ has shown immaturity and disrespect, and I admit that my parody about him not leaving was only because I liked one or two of his songs.

Yet the reason I have not verbally attacked him and crossed his name off of the Inner Circle list or whatever is because I don't think there is much class in showing excessive comtempt for a twelve year old.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/25/05 at 12:15 am

I believe that TJ has shown immaturity and disrespect, and I admit that my parody about him not leaving was only because I liked one or two of his songs.

Yet the reason I have not verbally attacked him and crossed his name off of the Inner Circle list or whatever is because I don't think there is much class in showing excessive comtempt for a twelve year old.

Written By: Arwen on 05/25/05 at 8:56 am

LOL!!!

Written By: YWN on 05/25/05 at 11:03 am

Is that you in that picture?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/25/05 at 1:29 pm

Is that you in that picture?

No, but I was making that face at that particular moment...

Also, I was hoping to annoy Apricot by posting a pic on this thread.  Since I'll never make his respect list, I don't see what I have to lose...

Written By: Arwen on 05/25/05 at 1:41 pm

No, but I was making that face at that particular moment...

Also, I was hoping to annoy Apricot by posting a pic on this thread.  Since I'll never make his respect list, I don't see what I have to lose...

Not to mention that Ash has NEVER worn so obnoxious of glasses as that.

She gets all of her great fashion sense from the fabulous starlettes of Sex and the City...as well she should. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/25/05 at 2:29 pm

Not to mention that Ash has NEVER worn so obnoxious of glasses as that.

She gets all of her great fashion sense from the fabulous starlettes of Sex and the City...as well she should. 

Thank you darling.  And right back atcha.

The starlettes of Sex and the City also do not play with finger puppets.  In case anyone was wondering.

Written By: Arwen on 05/25/05 at 2:49 pm

Thank you darling.  And right back atcha.

The starlettes of Sex and the City also do not play with finger puppets.  In case anyone was wondering.

Well, Samantha might...but certainly not in the manner that would be discussed on this, a family friendly, thread.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/26/05 at 12:09 pm

Well, Samantha might...but certainly not in the manner that would be discussed on this, a family friendly, thread.

Written By: Apricot on 05/27/05 at 8:16 pm

Sigh... The lack of smiley or "lol" indicates seriousness {to me, anyway, maybe I'm reading wrong, but that's what I've always been told}.

And if this is the case, I really can't say anything to it, except let it go. A petty fight, and you're holding a grudge.. Listen, I don't have to like you, you don't have to like me, but don't drag up the past like that.

But then, If not:

It's funny, that was actually my first though when I saw the pic. "Oh, trying to p-ss me off by posting a pic?"

Written By: Arwen on 06/01/05 at 11:06 am

I just read the quote under his avatar...and I gotta say...nobody sweet talks like Apricot does. 

No wonder he's my favorite poster of the underaged crowd...

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/05 at 2:21 pm

Sweet talk? I've been changing that quite a bit.. what was it then?

Written By: Arwen on 06/08/05 at 2:30 pm

Sweet talk? I've been changing that quite a bit.. what was it then?

I am pretty sure it said "You are going to Hell."

You charmer, you...

Written By: Apricot on 06/08/05 at 8:39 pm

;D Ah, that was when my avatar was the "I Am The Jury" In Greek.. the "You're Going To Hell" finishes the song lyric.  ;D

Song about a man who goes postal... how's THAT for sweet talk?  :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/09/05 at 10:42 am

Sigh... The lack of smiley or "lol" indicates seriousness {to me, anyway, maybe I'm reading wrong, but that's what I've always been told}.

And if this is the case, I really can't say anything to it, except let it go. A petty fight, and you're holding a grudge.. Listen, I don't have to like you, you don't have to like me, but don't drag up the past like that.

But then, If not:

It's funny, that was actually my first though when I saw the pic. "Oh, trying to p-ss me off by posting a pic?"

Needless smileys and LOL's only get on my nerves, so it's rare that you'll find them on my posts.  It would probably be safe to keep in mind, however, that I am pretty much never ever ever serious. 

Either that, or I've never fully recovered from the pain of not making your respect list, and I'll stop at nothing to make you pay...

Written By: Apricot on 06/09/05 at 11:25 am

Ah, I see now. People used to get mad at me for not using a smiley, because they didn't know I was kidding. See, sarcasm or odd humor really IS hard to detect online, so I just wasn't sure.. I see now, though, thanks for clarifying.

The only way onto the list now is to kill someone else who was on the old one.. and since no one has yet done that.. the list is non-existent.  :D

Written By: Arwen on 06/09/05 at 1:46 pm

The only way onto the list now is to kill someone else who was on the old one.

Hey Ash...Leo was on the old list...

...the list is non-existent.

Apricot, don't lie.  You can admit that I AM the list...

Written By: Apricot on 06/09/05 at 2:43 pm

Apricot, don't lie.  You can admit that I AM the list...

Gonna need to do a bit of killing first, I'm afraid.. think back, who was on the list you could off?

Check for new replies or respond here...