inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: That's it, I've made my decision.

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 4:43 pm

After a long hard analysis, I have come to a conclusion: Every online fight I or my friends have ever been in has come from one of two sources:

1. T.J. Spindler
2. This section of inthe00s

Therefore, I've made a decision I feel is for the best. I'm going to leave the AmIRight board. I will no longer start, nor join any conversations on this section of the forum. If the conversation is a professional, I will join, until the professional portion of the conversation ends. I will then bow out with a thank you. I will not talk to anyone who requests I do not, I will not give my opinion on any issue, because SI-MAE's existence seems to have a standing history of causing strife and hate wars. Maybe I'm not your type, maybe you're hypersensitive, maybe I'm hypersensitive, maybe someone overreacted, maybe someone just needs to go to Hell. But I don't care anymore. I'm figure the best way to avoid being burned is to avoid the only source of fire. If you still wish to talk to me socially, come to the 2000s board or the Penguin board. Or PM me. Otherwise, I'm gone.

Sincerely,

Apricot

Subject: Re: That's it, I've made my decision.

Written By: Arwen on 09/13/04 at 5:16 pm

I realize that I'm a brat sometimes, Apricot...But it has never been my intention to chase anyone off the board.  I say what's on my mind and hope that EVERYONE else does, too.  If I come across abrasive to you...or to anyone...it is only because I'm not the type to back down.

But I don't expect anyone else to back down either.

If that makes sense.

Long story, short...even though we have had fights...I hope you're not making this choice because of me.

Subject: Re: That's it, I've made my decision.

Written By: Apricot on 09/13/04 at 5:31 pm

I realize that I'm a brat sometimes, Apricot...and I don't make   But it has never been my intention to chase anyone off the board.  I say what's on my mind and hope that EVERYONE else does, too.  If I come across abrasive to you...or to anyone...it is only because I'm not the type to back down.

But I don't expect anyone else to back down either.

If that makes sense.

Long story, short...even though we have had fights...I hope you're not making this choice because of me.

We actually have a lot in common, Arwen. I don't back down, and I will defend until my board is deleted. Maya did the same to philbo, but oftentimes because of this, we're called "aggressive", "abrasive", "name callers", no matter how sensible or polite we were. We used a lot of good points, but we were branded namecallers, and no one would see us any other way. That's why I get so frustrated, and I've decided to give up on making friends over here. I recognize that my personality conflicts with too many on this section.

This choice was not factored by one alone. This was a collection of all the comments, all the prejudice, all the attacks, all the fights put together. I realized that I wasn't going to make people see things in a new light, so I gave up.

In short; no, Arwen, you were not the cause. The exchange of words we exchanged were only one of many factors.

I acknowledge that I can rub people the wrong way too... I just do a lot more then most!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...